Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 437, 438, 439  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
71Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience with filter pumps? I'm looking at the CB maxi pump 2 since I have some birthday money left over but didn't know if there was a better one out there
ChadCook
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks ok. Always nice to filter your oil. Appears to be a good setup, make sure you order the right one and use a quality filter
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone up for one last show of the year??? We will be going to Lindsay VW on Sunday for their show. You have to click the link to register & get a spot. Show is at 1pm...we will leave our house at 11:30am.
http://woobox.com/hvgyeg/g39nfa
66DustyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
69 Type 3 Fastback
70 Baja Bug
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Anyone have the tool to remove the oil filler from the generator stand that I could borrow? I have one nasty gen stand with the stock filler on it, and a nice looking stand with nothing on it
66DustyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

I do but it is not a very good tool. You are more than welcome to try it.
69 Type 3 Fastback
70 Baja Bug
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
71Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

(Hopefully) last request for a part...I'm looking for the 2 pieces of tin that go behind the heat risers. I have the asbestos gaskets, but can't find the tins reproduced anywhere. Willing to pay cash or trade for anything I have that you might need. I found them on eBay, but looking to get them locally if possible...thanks in advance!
71Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Anyone have an adjustable reamer for delrin beam bushings? I think the size is "j" up to 1.50" I can't justify spending $60 on a tool that I'll only use once. Any help is appreciated! Cash and/or beer up for trade for it!
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Show season is finally here......yay!!! Hope everyone had a relaxing fall and winter and the cars are all cleaned up and ready for some cruising and shows. Don't forget we have a Facebook page where I will be creating "events" for the shows. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

First 2 shows...

Saturday, April 30th - VolksFest

Not sure if Sean or I will be going (Sean might have to work), but I think if the weather is nice, then Chad Cook was thinking about going. Message here if you would like to meet up with him.

Held on the grounds of the Mt. Hope Estate & Winery in Manheim, PA. Gates open @7AM for Vendors, 8AM for Show Field & Spectators, Registration closes at 12PM, Awards will be given out at 2:30PM, Show Closes at 3PM, Admission is 1.00 per Carload for Spectators, $5.00 per Car for Show Field, includes driver and passengers, $20.00 for each Vendor space.

Sunday, May 1st - Apple Blossom Car Show

First meeting spot will be at 6:30am at John's Family Restaurant - 847 Berryville Pike Charles Town WV, then traveling to meet anyone in Winchester at Wendy's - 1100 Berryville Ave Winchester VA. We will be leaving Wendy's at 7:15am, in order for enough time to get to Jim Barnett Park to line up and be able to park together.

Registration from 8 a.m. - Noon
• Trophy Presentation at 3:30 p.m.
• Cost: $15.00 at the Gate / $12.00 Pre-Registration
• Dash Plaques to the first 200 Vehicles Registered
• All hoods and trunk lids must be up and car show stickers must be displayed to be judged
• Show vehicles will be admitted after the noon hour but may not be eligible for judging.
• Car Show admission is for driver and one passenger only. Additional passengers must pay gate entry admission.

http://thebloom.com/weekend-in-the-park/cruise-in-car-show/
66DustyBug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

I am thinking of making it to HAVOC because Winchester's forecast isn't looking good. Chad, are you going?
69 Type 3 Fastback
70 Baja Bug
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows what we are doing for BugOut. We will be heading down Saturday (time to be posted later) & staying at the Comfort Inn (15720 Woods Edge Rd Colonial Heights VA 23834 / 804.324.4644) that night & will go to a dinner in that area. Then driving home Sunday after BugOut.
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

We will be going to the Hyndman show next Saturday, if anyone would like to join. We will be leaving Charles Town at 8am.
mlhsquared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Hey, it was fun hanging out with everyone today. Great catching up with good people.
Great show, Dusty! Awesome job!
Chad Cook, thanks for the route information today. It was perfect! It is a bit farther that way, but so much easier. I'll use that route in the future.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

If anyone would like to join, we will be going to Summer Sizzle tomorrow in York, PA. We will be leaving the Sheetz on Rt 340 at 7am.
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Looks what's for sale:

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/5766172663.html

I want it back.
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SDWhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Plan is to cruise to the Drive In this Saturday night. We usually leave town around 3pm, stop at Sonic for dinner at 4pm, leave around 5pm so we are in line by 6pm. Let me know if you would like to meet up.

http://www.thefamilydriveintheatre.com/index.html
Sidewaz54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Is the club Panair VW's still active? I tried to check out the website and its not linking valid.

Just moved from Alaska and wanted to see if you had monthly meetings still.

Anthony
'71 Squareback
'67 Volvo 122S wagon
'55 Ford F100
'67 Aristocrat Loliner
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

We haven't had a monthly meeting in forever. We still do attend attend car shows together and occasionally hang out and work on each other's cars. The website is dead because I got tired of paying for the URL so I let it go. We do have a Facebook group and this forum.

Welcome to the group. Where'd you move to?
07 Boxster
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Sidewaz54
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:40 pm    Post subject: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

Bought a place in Inwood, WV.

Purchased the Type 3 from PA two months ago. It was running good then electrical, fuel injection and transmission problems occurred.

Currently have the motor out, ordered a bunch of parts from JBugs including dual carbs. They had the wrong throw out bearing on the trans spline, really chewed up the clutch. Wiring is easy, just gotta use high quality stuff.

Finding parts is a lot easier than for my Volvo. Found a junkyard out of Arkansas that sent me two good exhaust exchangers. Also drove out to Highview, WV and meet a guy with a ton of VW's and parts.

For the last 4 years I was an officer of the Midnight Sun SRA in Alaska. It was a great group of people and we all helped each other out. However being the biggest car club in Alaska had its share of drama.

How any people are in the group? I attended a few Country Roads club meetups this year, they seemed like decent folk.

Anthony
swhitcomb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Monthly VW gathering: Ranson WV Reply with quote

There are a handful of us still around. Maybe 5 or 6. In the last 7 or 8 years lots has changed in the panhandle VW scene. Lots of people have moved, cars have been sold, etc. Personally I have a 71 Ghia, and a 71 Super. Had the Super since 2012. It's still not on the road. My wife has a 73 Thing. We take the Ghia and Thing out a lot in nice weather. Chad who's on here has a 66 Bug and a Buggy he pretty much built from the ground up. We hang out with him a lot. There are several other members who make a show or so a year. Steve has a really nice 68 I think he's about got on the road. We also hang out a lot with the VW Cruisers based in the Warrernton Culpepper area in VA, as well as Brian's group based in MD. All very friendly people. Our friend John who is how the club got as big as it did moved to MA. It was a sad day. He opened a shop up there and is having some success with it so I'm very happy for him. Jeff, who is part of the Cruisers actually moved to the Winchester area so he is closer now. He's had more VWs in the last 10 years then I can even remember. Great guy too. He and his girlfriend, and I and my wife went to CA a few years ago and went on a tour of Wolfsburg West and Karmann Ghia parts which was a lot of fun. Anyway, I'm just rambling now. Welcome to the group. Shannon, Chad and I go to Mexican most Friday nights. You're welcome to join us. Maybe a few others from here will join. It's been a while since we all got together.
07 Boxster
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 437, 438, 439  Next
Jump to:
Page 438 of 439

Jump to: