Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHLNBad'71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Hey Bus Family! You know the joy, excitement and camaraderie of a three day bus camp outs, now make that three days of camping on the banks of the Rio Grande, serenaded by music from local and national bands. And, you can bring your dog!

Visit www.rhythmsontherio.com

Rhythms on the Rio is a three day Benefit Music Festival hosted by the South Fork Music Association in beautiful South Fork, Colorado, the confluence of the Rio Grande and South Fork Rivers. A family friendly event, Rhythms on the Rio raises funds for the children music programs of the San Luis Valley region of Colorado. Organized and run by a volunteer staff and donations, Rhythms on the Rio is in it's 12th year offering many fun activities for everyone to enjoy including horseshoes, river tubing, yoga, vendors, food, beer, wine, and much more.

Rhythms on the Rio reached out in the past and encouraged VW Bus owners and enthusiasts to come and be a part of the festival. Now Rhythms on the Rio officially wants to make VW Buses a part of the festival, Buses & Bluegrass. Think Buses by the Bridge in the Summer, with the addition of three days of world class live music.

To encourage participation to make this an annual VW Bus family gathering, the South Fork Music Association is offering two adult, three-day music festival passes (includes camping), to anyone showing up in a VW Bus for $75 (normally, $85.00 each). Children under 16 are free. There will be a designated VW Bus camping area.

Vendors of VW parts or VW related merchandise, watch for updates on special incentives.

Visit www.rhythmsontherio.com or follow on Facebook

Follow South Fork Music Association on Instagram
Follow COWesty on Instagram
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

richparker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Sounds like a great event! There is another bus event the same weekend in SW Colorado, 4th year of this event. Maybe next year we can get together and make sure we don't have conflicting dates. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to attend your festival.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=670740
’65 Deluxe Build
Manfred58sc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Word.....I would take a week off to festival/tour or vise versa
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

I love music and VW's but was planning on doing the other event. Hopefully, they can merge into one wonderful event. day trips from the festival?
Tony
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dhaines
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

So how do we obtain the 2 person tickets?

I was going to purchase but all I see on their ticket site are individual tickets with or without camping.

Is there a special promo code for vw campers? or is this kind of deal only available when you arrive?
PHLNBad'71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Thanks for noticing the glaring glitch on the webpage without an advance ticket purchase code. I'm working on that now.

Last year, I just arrived and received the discount because it was obvious I was driving a Bus. So, I apologize for not having thought this one out.

The venue is a large piece of private property on the banks of the Rio Grande, so they have never run out of room for festival goers. They are also planning on building us a "Bus City," which should be really cool and only happens with you.

There has been talk about doing a day trip drive from the festival in Buses (and some talks with some other clubs about doing a Rally Drive to get there), but the thought was that was way beyond our logistic capability for this year. Also, the festival is in its 12th year, and this is the first year to make the VW Bus an official part of the festival.

I have gone to Buses by the Bridge, and it is one of the best weekends of the year for me. I just always thought it was interesting that there wasn't more music. Last year Rhythms on the Rio provided the incentive for buses to be there, but without really advertising it wildly. I had such a great time, I got to thinking, why can't we have a Buses by the Bridge in the Summer? I asked to volunteer to generate interest from the community because I believe we can do this. Like Buses by the Bridge, this too is a fund raiser for children's music programs, which is just too cool.

Thanks for your patience as we keep working out the logistical pieces.

Please feel free to PM me with any additional questions, comments, suggestions, or ???

Spread the word far and wide. I love to gather with the family.
rcautox
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Sounds like a fun festival-we'll plan on going. Will you post when the discounted tickets are available to purchase?
leadvillerpm
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Buses & Bluegrass Rhythms on the Rio-South Fork, CO Aug 4,5,6 Reply with quote

Just an FYI for all out there...went to this last year and it was a blast. Over a 100 buses in camp out. This year Stringdusters and Leftover. They have not listed the promocode for the bus camp on the website yet but buscamp2020 is up an working! $140 including the fees for 2 in a bus!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: