Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chicago area split bus gathering - January 24th, 2009
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Chicago area split bus gathering - January 24th, 2009 Reply with quote

Some of us local Chicago area split bus guys are kicking around the idea of an informal get together this January.
PM or post here if you are interested in coming out of hibernation for an afternoon of buses and good cheer.
Bus driving on salted roads is at your own discretion.

Neil

Last edited by npbusguy on Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Schaumburg is a pretty good neutral site, at least between Jack, NP and I.

Maybe we could get together at RAM or Buffalo Wild Wings?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigPaddle wrote:
I think Schaumburg is a pretty good neutral site, at least between Jack, NP and I.

Maybe we could get together at RAM or Buffalo Wild Wings?

Hey Josh,
Thanks for the reply. I am fine with Schaumburg as a location and with RAM of B-WW, the beers are cold and the food choices are good.

Cheers,
N.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it is really late in january, really really late, like February 1st, we could watch the Bears in the Superbowl!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday, January 24th
12:00 noon

Buffalo Wild Wings
2540 New Sutton Rd
Hoffman Estates, IL 60195
(847) 645-0333
http://www.buffalowildwings.com

Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geoc...ecf573e1bf
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More information can be found in the coming events section of the samba or you can PM Josh (BigPaddle) or I if you have specific questions.

See you there.

Neil
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP it is cold out. I already have a serious case of cabin fever... just want to roll the bus out of the garage and work in the warm sun.

It will be good to comiserate...
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a month to go and 188 views in the forums. How about a shout out from folks planning on rolling out so we know how many tables we need to reserve.
ajb164
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to any chicago area split bus guys ive got a friend in marketing that asked me to see if anyone in that area would be interested in their bus being used in an marketing campain. i dont have the details of what it will involve but i believe you will be paid for the bus usuage and possibly your drive time. my friend is out of town right now till after the new year. im/we are located in florida. so when he gets back i should get some more details on it. its suppose to be in the spring if it happens and i think he was looking for like 15-20 buses for this marketing project. if you are interested please pm me or if you know someone that maybe interested. like i said as soon as i know more i will post it.
sorry for the high jack but i though this would be a great place to ask about it.
thanks for you time
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neil it may just be a table for two?
Vintage Auto Werks1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should be able to make it. Also since I want to be just like Neil I am picking up a 58 15 Window!!! More details and pics to come on that.

Dan
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we will only need one table though I am sure everyone in Chi-town is getting antsy from being inside so much for the past few really cold days.

See you guys next Saturday.
npbusguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get together is today - see you guys in the bar. I'll be wearing a Hazet hat.
MrBusCo Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a free 15" bug wheel wide 5 lug pattern that I can bring if anyone wants it. you can see a pic of it in my ads. I also have a bus window frame that is rough I can bring if anyone wants it for free. pics in my ads too.
gerg
a.k.a. 6volt65

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics pics pics Smile

Of the event, not the wheel Smile

. . . I got 99 problems and my bus ain't one . . .

'65 Sunroof Beetle
'65 Vert
'60 Singlecab
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: