Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

headlight-doc - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: headlight-doc
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: October 28, 2020
Duck
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: headlight-doc - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a pair of fog lights from Rico dba Chrompickel and they arrived quickly, packed well and they were perfect!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
HeSa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had quite a bunch of rare parts restored by Rico Pohan and even more is underway. Absolutely superb job, timely accurate and the quotas have always kept 100%. With the former b.s. experiences of the persons who call themselves "restores" I could not imagine this kind of people exist in the VW scene. 1000% trustworthy, very good communication and highly recommended for concours restoration of rare parts. Check my gallery to see some samples of his work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
6qkazo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My steering lock arrived 2 weeks from the date I ordered it (Germany to California). It was exactly as described. Great seller.
von split
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just completed a transaction with Rico. He is an outstanding seller!
His comunications, packing and shipping are excellent.
His workmanship is absolutly first class!
The item was beyond my expectations. I highly recommend Rico.
He is an asset to "the Samba" and the hobby.
Ferran VW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a pair of symetrical bus headlight and they are perfect,
I'm very happy with his work.
I received the headlight in a box and well protected.
Thanks Rico.
Ferran. Barcelona (Spain)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
52ragtop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just received a pair of restored 51-53 Bosch Headlights from Rico for my January '52 11G Split which is undergoing a bare metal, body off pan, restoration. I can only describe these units as "stunning"! Shocked Perfection personified! To be perfectly honest, they are too good to put on a car! Laughing He has excellent communication skills. Shipping charges were reasonable, packaging was of a very high standard, and items arrived in a timely manner! A perfect transaction. I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending Rico's expertise in Headlamp Restoration to anyone! A very satisfied customer! Very Happy

Michael.
ProjectX
Accessory Nut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be careful buying from Rico at this point. He has quit communicating with me and owes me a set of reflectors I sent him in January of 2010. He reassured me for a while via email that they needed extra work, but now is not returning emails. I also paid for a set of Hella headlight rings. Rico, if you read this please get in touch with me as to the status of my reflectors and the Hella rings that I paid for.

195? Project "X"
1954 Oval Convertible
SuperSamba Premium Member
Samba False Idol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I deactivated all of his ads as a precaution as his emails are coming as rejected "mailbox full" and he hasn't used the site since July 18th according to his profile page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ProjectX
Accessory Nut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After contacting Rico through other channels, he responded just now that he has finished my reflectors including pictures and is sending my rings and reflectors ASAP. He mentioned having trouble with suppliers. I just paid my balance with paypal (nervously) and he says they will ship soon. I'll keep everyone posted, thanks Everrett for helping out on your end.

195? Project "X"
1954 Oval Convertible
splithighroofbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bought waso from rico, good seller..,, Very Happy Very Happy
spooky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: headlight-doc - [email protected] Reply with quote

Anyone know if this chap is still taking work? I sent him a msg via eBay but no reply so far..
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dlware1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: headlight-doc - [email protected] Reply with quote

Sent my headlights to Rico for restoration in Feb 2014, still have not received my headlights; several excuses for delay; last promised finish date was Jan/Feb 2016; no further communication from him.

Recent attempts to contact Rico have brought no response. I know he has some recent theSamba activity, so why can't he let me know what's going on.

Disappointing experience.

Doyle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kafer53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: headlight-doc - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered a NOS fog light switch from Rico

All went well. Item was perfect, well described and packaged. Great communication. No issues. Will buy from him again.
Paul
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: