Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

shipping seats
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: shipping seats Reply with quote

I am just wondering if any of you have ever shipped front seats and a middle seat from a vanagon using greyhound. I am wondering if they have to be packaged in a box or just wrapped with a sheet or something. I am looking how the experience was. Also does anyone have the dimensions and weight for the middle seat so I can get an appropriate shiiping cost.
Even better is nayone driing from the Sacramento Ca area to Flagstaff AZ that has space for 2 front seats and a middle seat. If so pm me. Thanks
I have seats in Sacramento that I need here in Flagstaff
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dogpilot
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony,

I shipped a center seat (single) via Greyhound out of Flagstaff last year. It ran something like $50. I cut a big piece of cardboard and wrapped it and banded it. I put an empty box on the seat part to fill out the top. They took it. Remove the armrests and headrest before you ship, they could be broken off as they kind of stick out.

PM me about the speedo cover.
08 Range Rover SC
08 VW Rabbit S
1951 O-1G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
boulderdrop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey All. I'm looking to buy a middle aka 5th-Seat for my Westy from a Guy in Texas.

I need a shipper that will pickup the item from a resident in Texas and then drop it off (hopefully) at my residence in Seattle. I probably need a crate too.

Anyone have a suggestion for a shipping company that will do this? And allow me to pay for it as the receiver? And maybe provide a crate too?
1979 Sears Freespirit Moped
1996 Chev S10 4x4 ZR2
2012 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Wife's)

== How I Pay the Bills ==
Windows FTP Server at http://www.bpftpserver.com (PM for a FREE one)
Tracey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I bought a middle/5th seat for my westy. The po sent it to me ups. He did a great job just using cardboard and wrapped it up super tight. Got to me in one piece with no issues. I think ups will take anything under 150 lbs. after that they have a freight program that it can go on.
I love the Vans!
JPrato
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front seats can be taken apart and shipped in two boxes, easily through UPS. When I bought mine that is the way they came.

87 Syncro Tin Top project
84 Westy, 2.5L Subaru power
06 Subaru 2.5 turbo in waiting
46 Cessna 140
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: