Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ok, I need some help with a high idle.
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
MtnVan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meyervw wrote:
Behind the wall there is a canister that that line connects to. You can feel it if you reach in there. For random shutting off as mine did it ended up being the air meter.

Thnx Meyer! I figured that lil purple line went to the charcoal can. It just seemed really short. I'll get it sorted:-)
mlbdriver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: My Idle issue.......1989 2.1 litre Reply with quote

So here goes sorry to Hijack but..... Cold start the idle is low and sporadic, it takes a few turns of the ignition switch to find the idle, my tachometer jumps all over the place, for instance 3000-4000 RPM but the engine is actually running at like 850-900 RPM. I step on the pedal and then tach reads accurate. When engine is warmed up, and after a good stretch of driving, and then coming to a stop light it idles at around 1600-2000 RPM. If i turn off engine it will reset itself to the low idle like when i start it cold. So here is what i have done to no avail any help is greatly appreciated. Replaced Throttle body and TPS, replaced Idle control valve, idle control unit, new fuel filter, spark plugs, wires ,rotor, cap, fuel pressure regulator, not sure where to go next.

Aloha
Ben
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: