Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1940 Barn Find Dodge
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Off Topic Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
Mustang II and nine inch with stock motor and trans pushing 20's and 22's.

Done.

see the link on ebay I posted before it was deleted?

I did. I wouldn't peg you for a Shelby fan, at all.
Every day here at work, I sit about 30 feet from a '67 GT500 factory 4-speed car.
johnnypan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No model A had suicide front doors...amazing how the vw-model A connection exists...started with a late 31 coupe as a boy,bought a 31 deluxe delivery as a teen for 1800,sold it for 2500...Top of my list for deals I wish I dint do....Doing vw now cause the A's are too spendy....
coW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: 1940 Barn Find Dodge Reply with quote

aeromech wrote:
Not so sure that this is appropriate here but thought most of you guys would like to see this: http://www.californiaclassix.com/archive/40_Barn-Dodge_c154.html

That's a sweet car! Thanks for sharing that one.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickengeorge wrote:
crofty wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:

Done.

Every day here at work, I sit about 30 feet from a '67 GT500 factory 4-speed car.

Really? I love those cars- well, up 'til '68. The 68 and later Shelby's are pretty fugly. Elsinore from Gone in 60 seconds was ugly too.

Is it just a GT500 or a "R", KR"? Last weekend I was at Safeway and some guy had another one of my faves- a pumkin orange '70 Challenger R/T with a 440 Mag and a six pack. Yum!

I'm all over the place car wise. I saw on old man driving one of these today and got a little jealous.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeeyesore wrote:
azmodela wrote:
busmania24 wrote:
This thread will probably get moved or locked because its not bus material but... I found a 31 Ford Model A coupe (4 door, suicide doors) yesterday. It is basically the frame, body, glass but it is in great shape. I was only able to find 2 small spots of rust-through.

Like this, but not as nice obviously. They want $2K for it.

http://www.stovebolt.com/gallery/alternate/gerdom_larry_1931modela.html

A hot rod project may be in my very near future. Laughing

BTW: that is a cool barnfind.

I've never seen a 4 door model a coupe, but there's always a first!

You'd have to pay me $2k for an unrestored 28- early 31' fordor sedan! They're full of wood...

? If I'm not mistaken, a "coupe" by definition, is always 2 door. A "sedan" by definition is always 4 door. If this is wrong, I've been misinformed for 30 years.
You're wrong.

FU#3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Patty B.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does a chicken coop have 2 doors?
'Cause if it had 4 doors it would be a chicken sedan.
_monkey_
Samba Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a stationwagon when I see one. Too long to be a hatchback. Too square in the back to be a sedan. Yes, I think you have a stationwagon.
chickengeorge
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:
crofty wrote:
chickengeorge wrote:

Done.

Really? I love those cars- well, up 'til '68. The 68 and later Shelby's are pretty fugly. Elsinore from Gone in 60 seconds was ugly too.

Is it just a GT500 or a "R", KR"? Last weekend I was at Safeway and some guy had another one of my faves- a pumkin orange '70 Challenger R/T with a 440 Mag and a six pack. Yum!

I'm all over the place car wise. I saw on old man driving one of these today and got a little jealous.

I would have too!
It's just a GT500 (just). I don't think they made "KR"s until '68. I'm not a mustang guy, but I've learned a bit purely from osmosis. The family I work for used to have a whole bunch of mustangs/shelbys. The last one sold was a red, 68 KR that only had 48,000 miles on it. It had one cylinder sleeved, but was untouched besides that. The GT500 was stolen when new, so the numbers engine is long gone. They've collected everything else to put it back together. Shit, even things like seat belts and steering wheels are thousands of dollars. It's nuts! It's also funny because the steering wheel is EXACTLY like an old Monza brand VW steering wheel that I have. They must have been made be the same company and badged differently. The car is sitting on it's side on a spit in the back room of our building.
MY boss also has a '67 convertible. Wimbledon white with red interior. It has a new 5.0 in it with a Rousch intake that makes it look like some kind of exotic Ferrari motor or something, Willwood disc brakes and a 6-speed. It's quite a car.
79SuperVert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notchback wrote:

? If I'm not mistaken, a "coupe" by definition, is always 2 door. A "sedan" by definition is always 4 door. If this is wrong, I've been misinformed for 30 years.

[/quote]

That's not the greatest example (although a nice pic): VW called it a sedan because they were trying to market the bus as a station wagon and didn't want to confuse the issue. But of course that just confused everything even more.

Wanted: Art Collins VW (Savannah, Georgia) items - license plate surrounds and other items. Also ivory "AM", "FM" and "SW" buttons for a US Blaupunkt Frankfurt.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: