Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Led headlight upgrade
Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dougster43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

Finally getting to upgrade the headlights from the old sealed beam lights to led. Makes a huge difference! Easy to tell which side has the led...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
gitchesum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

Did that recently too. Hella H4's w/LED's...what's up with thoise fog/running lights ?

57 SC
61 rag w/356B brakes
61 356B
Honda XLR 250, 69 Z50, Yamaha 100 Enduro...and others.
GMC SLT 4x4 Dmax
Kubota L3710, not enuf attachments.
And various VW's that come and go...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Dougster43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

The fog lights were on the car when I acquired it. They are certainly unique and and can't say I have found anything yet that I would like better...
Bashr52
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

gitchesum wrote:
Did that recently too. Hella H4's w/LED's...what's up with thoise fog/running lights ?

They look like snow plow lights or something similar that have been modified to fit.
restopaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

Just did mine recently and they flicker when engine is running. Do you have alternator or generator?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Hyatt181
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

Dougster43 wrote:
Finally getting to upgrade the headlights from the old sealed beam lights to led. Makes a huge difference! Easy to tell which side has the led...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What brand did you go with? I've been looking at the ones from Holly but would like something with a day time running light or city light like what is in my Hella H4 units.
restopaul
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

Got mine from Auxito. They flicker while engine is running. They sent me free load resistors, but that didn’t help. Maybe because I have a generator. They’re letting me return them. I have their leds in my Ram pickup with no problems.
Dougster43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:24 am    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

I don't recall the exact brand, but I bought them from AirCooled.net

Part numbers are below

H4-LED-KIT H4 LED Headlight Bulb Conversion Kit, Complete High and Low Beams, PAIR

AC945460EC 7" H4 Halogen Headlight, 12V, CONVEX (Curved), AC945460
vwwestyman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Led headlight upgrade Reply with quote

restopaul wrote:
Just did mine recently and they flicker when engine is running. Do you have alternator or generator?

Did that with my Thing and it drove me crazy.

So I removed the dumb LED bulbs and installed some regular 9003/H4 bulbs in the housing and have been happy since.

President, Wild Westerner Club

1978 Champagne Edition Westy, repowered to '97 Jetta TDI
1973 Wild Westerner
My Thing
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Thing/Type 181 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: