Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Binz Double Cab
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

According to the May 2023 Hot VW Magazine it is the same.
Nalu33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Aloha! Can anyone tell me if the drivers ice pick door handle be the same as the rear pass cargo door handle on a suicide door 1958 binz?
Thanks 🤙🏽
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
gatorwyatt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

No the panels won’t work. The binz has the short single cab fresh air box and the DC has the std fresh air box. Has to be made.

wanted:
RHD Barndoor floor mat..reproduction is fine
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andrew oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Quick question about roof panels... will the rear roof panels for a doublecab fit the rear of a Binz? I don't mind trimming them down if they are oversize but my instincts tell me the rear cab in a Binz might be larger. Does anyone here know if this is so?

Also, any ideas where I can buy the grey tarboard if I need to make my own?
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Who.Me? wrote:
ToolBox wrote:
Tizian wrote:
GarryA wrote:
Binz in recent news.
Not VW but good publicity for Binz and the heritage of the Binz VWs
That looks so strange. A British monarch travelling the last journey in a German built Binz Mercedes...
The Prince of Darkness is not known to haunt German vehicles...
Who? Ozzy?
Lucas

https://mossmotoring.com/prince-darkness-joseph-lucas/
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Who.Me? Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
Tizian wrote:
GarryA wrote:
Binz in recent news.

That looks so strange. A British monarch travelling the last journey in a German built Binz Mercedes...

Who? Ozzy?

Looking for info on my truck's history. Are you from Campbell California or nearby. Do you recognise it? ... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=636786
ToolBox
Samba Member

Location: Detroit, where they don't jack parts off my ride in the parking lot of the 7-11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Tizian wrote:
GarryA wrote:
Binz in recent news.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tizian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

GarryA wrote:
Binz in recent news.

The saddest day in recent history. My thoughts are with all those people suffering from the aggression of only one individual.
GarryA
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Binz in recent news.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/queen-elizabeth-hearse-customized
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

wedgehead98 wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
Did it have the factory rear seat? Any more photos?

And what was the asking price? I am not in the market, just curious where these are at these days.

Reach out to Meno Zenitram of Vdubs Upholstery (easy find on Facebook) - he can answer more questions. It's stored in my shop so we can take pictures if you'd like help to restore yours.

I do not have one to restore, I was just hoping to see a nice clear set of photos of exactly what that rear seat looks like. Not too many photos of them out there.
aa390392
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Nice one in the classifieds at this moment..nicely done..but out my budget.

55 ragtop
56 delux sedan
56 Kabriolet
wedgehead98
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

And what was the asking price? I am not in the market, just curious where these are at these days.

Reach out to Meno Zenitram of Vdubs Upholstery (easy find on Facebook) - he can answer more questions. It's stored in my shop so we can take pictures if you'd like help to restore yours.
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
cdennisg wrote:
So I hear Binz #44 made it to OCTO over the weekend. Anyone get photos of it?

Is this the Binz that was $500 in the '90s, in North Dakota? If so, I guess I should have pulled off the hwy and looked at it. Shocked

Yep, sitting next to an agricultural repair shop in West Fargo, ND. The photos I posted a few pages back are from when we found it sitting there @ 1991. The guy was asking $1500 for several years, but it didn't have a title. Last I heard, it sold for $500 when he needed it gone. Went to a school teacher in Thief River Falls MN, then to a guy named Max Lemke whom I had met back in the mid 80's. Max died a few years back, and all of his old VW's and other junk was sold at auction.
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Is this the Binz that was $500 in the '90s, in North Dakota? If so, I guess I should have pulled off the hwy and looked at it. Shocked

--
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:

Here are the pics I took. This was in the swap meet section but the owner said it really wasn’t for sale. I asked him is $70k would buy it and he told me that he wouldn’t sell it for that price.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

srfndoc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

It was there:

Last edited by srfndoc on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Joe Caraway was the owner but I believe he sold it a couple years ago, I don't know who bought it.

His profile page:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=51793

I think Randy of http://www.oldbug.com might have sold it for him but I am not 100% sure on that.
Joe had 2 of them and I know Randy sold his other one (#169), not sure about #498
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Andrew oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: The Binz Double Cab Reply with quote

Could someone on here could put me in touch with the owner of #498 please?

I've exchanged emails with Joe (VWHILLS on here) and he told me he sold it to a friend of Everett's in Scottsdale some years ago.

#498 has its original seat base which I believe is correct for #540 which I'm restoring, and I could do with a little more info than I'm finding in pictures online.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 39

Jump to: