Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Need HELP. Stuck in snow.....
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
meyervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:48 pm    Post subject: Need HELP. Stuck in snow..... Reply with quote

My wife got our BMW stuck in Magalia. Anybody near Chico have a 4X4 or Syncro that can help me. I am going out tomarrow to find chains for bothh the BMW and Gustav. I will try to get it out with the Vanagon. May need help.
meyervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took Gustav up to the snow and used a shovel to dig out the BMW. Took about 1 hour. People around here cannot drive for crap. ANd my last complaint is take the goddamn snow off you car before you drive it. Its not a trophy and it does not look cool.
kevinbassplayer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meyervw wrote:
Its not a trophy and it does not look cool.

Really? I think it does look cool.... Cool

I'm in Chico and would have gladly helped you out but no 4x4 Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
meyervw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was comming back from Magalia and a big chunk slammed into my window. My wifes car was covered but I knocked it all off. Some of that stuff comming off looks like it can do alot of damage. Another car came by me, on 99 and Cohassett, with a chunk of ice. The ice block slide by me on the freeway. I just watched go by in the fast lane. I thought to myself. I have NEVER been passed by ice. Then it all came apart in the center divider.
msinabottle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Somewhat Prepared... Reply with quote

I bought one of those Tirfor/Grip Hoist winches when GoWesty put them on sale... Bought a cheap version of that extra pulley for extra traction... Bought an engine web sling rated at 6500 pounds for a tree collar... Bought a 'hook' trailer hitch around which the cable could go... Bought a locking trailer pin...

Because when Winston got stuck, I tore up my rotator cuff trying to push him out of it!

I have somewhat less than $500 in the whole rig.

Best!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: