Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Please give this a look
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laird.Ostien
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:11 pm    Post subject: Please give this a look Reply with quote

The dude called me seems super friendly, but I didn’t have the time to talk about the bus. He’s willing to answer any questions.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2656794

The bus is linked above, let me know what you guys think and what I should pay. I would really prefer a US bus because I don’t want to have to go through registering and shipping a bus from Brazil or Mexico (the other busses I’ve been looking at). As well as your thoughts if you could leave any comments on price and questions I should ask him when I give him a call back.

Thank you all for the help!!
EZ Gruv
King of Plaid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Please give this a look Reply with quote

1. How many threads do you need? This is at least your fifth 'should I buy this bus' thread.
2. Matt, the seller, is a good dude. Talk to him when you have time.
My Photography Page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
busdaddy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Please give this a look Reply with quote

I like that one, it has nothing to hide. Cool

Please don't PM technical questions, ask your problem in public so everyone can play along. If you think it's too stupid post it here
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!

Слава Україні!
orwell84
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Please give this a look Reply with quote

You could put everything in one thread. The problem isn’t that a bus might have rust issues. Most of them do. It’s pretty much a given.

Body filler and paint can hide more serious rust issues. So you are better off with a bus that shows it’s true condition.

If I ever tried to sell my bus with a new paint job, I would include photos of the bodywork I did underneath. Everyone jumped all over the sliding door of the first bus you posted and for good reason. The lower slider bracket was completely homemade and badly done at that. The track it slides in also looked homemade. That one detail is a big giveaway as to the condition of the bus before it was repaired and the poor quality of the work done to repair it. Especially on the things you can’t see.

The best bus is the one with the least rust.
aeromech
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Please give this a look Reply with quote

If you’re willing to ship I just saw a 1971 tin top camper today at my house. The seller knows my extended family and wanted to come over and meet me.

My impressions when looking at the bus were good. The body and paint are sound. There are several things needed but the seller is honest and won’t screw you. 1971 is the best year. Mostly I’m recommending this bus because:

1971 is the best year
I looked over everything and didn’t find rust
Original engine
Doesn’t appear to have had damage

The sellers name is Ian. Here’s his samba ad. Please keep in mind that buses from dry states are in demand

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2649413
Boeing 727,737-200-300-400,757,767
Airbus A319,320,321
DC9/MD80
BAe146
Fokker F28/F100
VW type 1 1962,63,65,69,72
VW Type 2 1971 (3 ea.) 1978, 1969
VW Jetta
VW Passat
Capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
heyskull
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Please give this a look Reply with quote

Nicest one so far.
Looks very honest
I think it was a deluxe bus when it was new, given the chrome around all the side windows.
Shame it doesn't have an interior.
What engine is installed?

SC
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: