Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Horrible missing
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
vw7266
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Horrible missing Reply with quote

OK OK Ive searched and read searched and read...and searched some more..

I have a 85 2wd westy. I have had it just over a year and have had no real problems (excpect the idle stabilizer went bad). Until a couple of months ago

It started on a trip back through the mountains coming home from NC. About 3 hrs from home it started to stubble a bit when going down the road. I could be going along doing 65 and it would suddenly lose power then kick back in. I made it home swapped the fuel filter the next day.

It ran fine thought Id had it fixed then it did it again a week later. and has continued to do so off and on. I unhooked my 02 sensor yesterday after it ran really terrible on my way to work. Drove it at lunch and home and yesterday evening with no probs.

Got up this morning to go to work and it did fine for the first 15mins then started to stumble. I not sure if its weather realted or not. It definatly seems to act worse in the cold but Im aprehensive to say its just when its cold or wet outside.

I read about vanagon syndrome but that seems to only occur in the 86 and later models.... I plan to pick up new plug/wires/cap/rotor tommorow but where else should I look? AFM? ECU? I'll probably buy an 02 sensor and replace it while im at it.
Terry Kay
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tune it up first, then see what happens--it just might cure your problems.

Don't forget a new air & fuel filter--plug wires would be a real good idea
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: