Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Master Cylinder Questions - 69
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bay Window Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Master Cylinder Questions - 69 Reply with quote

I did some searching, and found some things, but not this exactly. I'll recap. I have a 69 Deluxe. When the master cylinder when out last year, I bought one from O'Riellys for $26. It was an exact match of the one I took off the bus. Side by side, they were exactly the same. It ended up being crap, so I returned it (life time warranty), and the second was crap too. Got a third, ran it a year, now its out. Okay, instead of continuing this way, I want a good one, I dont have to continually replace. Here is my issue.

I've priced Master Cylinders everywhere, looking for German.

Cip1 - $149.95
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=VWC%2D211%2D611%2D021%2DQ

Busdepot - $186.01 - German
http://busdepot.com/details.jsp?partnumber=211611021Q

Wolfsburgwest - $150.00 - German
http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=211611021Q

Germansupply - $85.44 - German
http://www.germansupply.com/home/customer/product.php?productid=16874&cat=&page=1

My question is, why such a variance in pricing? Also, if I can get a crummy one for $26, and it matches exactly, why are even the crummy ones priced so high online? Also, I want the best I can get, for the best price obviously. Based on my research, that appears to be German Supply, but there "German" one is priced much lower than the other sites. What gives? I know the O'Rielly one is a cheapo, but man, $26 vs $186.01 is hard to swallow.

Thoughts?

Member: WTKHABG

Original Air Cooler Member
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
germansupplyscott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ours is made by ATE. it was on sale because we had overstock on them. unfortunately as of this week we are sold out of the sale price items and back to regular stock so the price went up almost 40.00. our price still looks pretty decent even with the increase. i do find that on the original OE parts the prices can be all over the map. some of our suppliers have old stock or old pricing. then the price will go up a lot or the OE part will disappear altogether and get replaced with a cheaper non-OE part. it isn't good when this happens but it happens too often. original quality parts are getting harder and harder to find at any price.
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your price just happened to go up $40 12 hours after he posted a price comparison with the other vendors? Right.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bay Window Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I find that kinda odd too. I notice the website is updated with the new price now too. Want me to do anymore comparison shopping for you?

I may give WW a shout and see. They claim theirs is German.

Member: WTKHABG

Original Air Cooler Member
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve - which did you end up getting?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: