Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flagstaff High Altitude II Kampout July 31-Aug 2 ,2009
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Flagstaff High Altitude II Kampout July 31-Aug 2 ,2009 Reply with quote

2nd Annual Flagstaff High Altitude Kampout
July 31-Aug 2 ,2009

We will post information on Raffle prizes, Live music from Kindread & Major Lingo, Kids games, we will host a great dinner around the community fire, and much more. We have a few surprise's and tricks up our sleeve this year......maybe a raffle car???

The campground is set at the base of Mt. Elden in the tall pines at 7000ft. We have 2 bathroom facilities with showers, 2 laundry facilities, a Kamp Kitchen making breakfast every morning, Free Wi-Fi, on-site store with a stellar beer selection and a group events building with large fire pit for all of us to congregate and enjoy!

Last year was amazing! We are excited to do it again!
Hosted by: Justin and Janyel Pitman Flagstaff KOA
What: Flagstaff High Altitude Kampout
Where: Flagstaff KOA
5803 N. Highway 89
Flagstaff, AZ 86004
(928)-526-9926
When: July 31-Aug 2 ,2009
Cost: $8 per person per night, kids 12 and under are free. We are not charging per car so feel free to bring your collection, we want to see them all!

Vendors are welcome….FREE! Share the love and the parts.
Dogs Welcome (they must be leashed)
02 Audi TT

Last edited by VWCampGirl on Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey TopBud thanks for the feedback from the Phoenix folks. I personally think it is better to make them close so people travelling a distance can make both. I have changed the dates to be the same as this years. I will contact the bands to let them know to change the dates...that will give us more time to plan great activities...I was thinking a Fat Man's Loop hike. Maybe a free t-shirt for all who participate??? Something different....lemme know if there are any suggestions out there but being as we are not a part of any club really we have cart blanche to do what we think might be fun...I am open to suggestions....
02 Audi TT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be there, thank you!!

(Is this on a consecutive weekend with MM?)

Major Lingo...wow that brings back memories...can we get the Effects to open for them?

http://www.arizonabusclub.com

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

janyel here:

I am not sure when MM 09 is. We originally were going to have this years kampout at the end of June. It is hard here for us to plan becuase summers there are very few weekends that campground is not packed with all the grand canyon visitors.

Topbud (tony) came back from the Az Bus Club December BBQ and said that everyone down there was really happy it was close to Mollogon Madness so they could do a week long trip and we heard that from everyone else as well so we figure we will keep the same dates as last year.

I got a yes from both Kindread ( a killer phx reggae band) and Major Lingo a staple in the Jerome music scene. So we have great bands both Friday and Saturday night. We are going to see if we can find someone to do the body work on my 68 squareback for raffle. We are just coming up with ideas and seeing what we can do that would be different and fun. I always think a raffle car is a good idea becuase it increases the chances of someone finding a new love and passion.

We are not a club and we are not sponsored we are simply 2 people who dedicated theirs lives to Volkswagens and have a huge campground at our disposal so we have carte blacnhe as to way we can do.

We are open to any suggestions of events, activitis, and anything else. So tell us what you think???
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I went and saw Major Lingo this weekend in Jerome and they are confirmed. I forgot what a great band they are. So much fun! If you guys get a chance check out MajorLingo.com

So they will be playing Saturday night.
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I did some research (asked Bob) and he said MM is the 2nd weekend in August so your date is PERFECT!

Ummm....there's no crime in keeping this thread going all year is there?

An Arizona-based, family-oriented club, dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and enjoyment of the Volkswagen Transporter. Plus we drink a lot of beer.

You are receiving this email because you are watching the topic, "Wood U Hit It? (Possibly NSFW)" at TheSamba.com.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope not...I have to start planning early...this campground starts going strong in april so i have to plan for a ton of stuff. The down side of being the closest KOA to the Grand Canyon....
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fergus...is this chris??? did i meet you at jerome jamboree??? i think you are the guy that took that pic of me in front of the raffle bus...you know....tongue sticking out...middle finger sticking up.... Smile
DraginInk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that pic make the newsletter?

Aloha HBB & Mr. Wolfe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Desertbusman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I reserve the same spot again this year? Woops- don't remember which one it was.
fergus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DraginInk wrote:
Did that pic make the newsletter?

I'm saving some choice photos like that for a Special Edition of the News!

VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...I cant remember what site you were in???...I rememeber the road though so I will see if I can guesstimate it.

I have to remember to come look at that sweet back apron tent thing you had...

Funny thing is I don't remember you taking that pic....first time I saw it was on the samba...I did see a newsletter with my pic on the front but it was a HORRIBLE pic of me...evil...just evil... Twisted Evil

Im trying to start looking for sweet raffle prizes....vw stuff is so cheap right now!!!
02 Audi TT
TopBud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We passed out quite a few flyers for this show at BBB so hopefully, it can be just as awesome. Even though it is local, it may be the next organized campout for VW's I can attend with schedules and stuff.
I will keep my ears and eyes open for some cool raffle prizes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWCampGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx tony!

i got ahold of the bounce bus guy and confirmed the band and ordered shirts and stuff last week. i am working on a hike of mt. elden and still working on a friday night band. i am also talking to the northern arizona food bank to see if they want to offer a dinner or something as a charity event. um...other than that im just gonna keep lugging away.

busses was such a good time, it was nice to see friendly faces and meet new ones.

Very Happy
02 Audi TT
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy from Yuma, I was in spot #66 last year and wouldn't mind having that again. I may have a few more Yumans with me though!
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we missed you at busses this year andy...we looked for you...there was a cream high top...
Miamitype2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We want the spot next to our old one.... the spot right behind the snack shack dealy-o.
Can't we manage a meal without bothering a food bank? Seems like they should focus on much les fortunate people than camping bus folk.
I'll tell you... when we know that we can make it for sure, I can cook anything thrown at me. I think we can pool efforts and resources to provide our own family meal. Just a thought...
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha...no chris...i mean doing a fund raiser for the food bank not having them feed us...jeez were hippies but were not starving! Laughing
wickedwater
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better yet I would like to see all the Vegas, Yuma, and Albuquerque people in the same area! I truly regretted missing BBB this year and seeing everyone in the awsome weather. Going through some "issues" right now. Hopefully everything will be sorted out within a few months. See you all soon enough.
stingah2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well you always have a home here andy so if you need a place to land for a while ..the campground is here Smile
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: