Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

I am looking for information on the British Columbia Kamloops Canada VW dealership

Peter J. D. Kirby Ltd

They closed several years (perhaps a decade ago)

My 1963 double cab was the parts/service vehicle for the dealership and I am trying to see if anyone might have a photo or info (plate frame, vehicle folder, dealer card, etc. (PM me if you have any info or list it here I guess)

Or at least verification of hte story and when the Dealer shut down.

Any info would be appreciated

thanks
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that dealer listed in the BC Canada Dealer Listing and it didn't come in a search of the site either so it may be post-1967.

Kamloops is listed as Sky Chief Service across the years.

This thread in accessories may be the best place to ask
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=65292
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
krisbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im about an hour from you in kelowna and a couple years ago I had a mango that got parted out and Im pretty sure it was from there (had its own litte dealer scripted tag on the corner). I tried looking for info but didnt find much, if you do please post here, would be interested.

-Kris
Mowser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VW dealer in Kamloops did close about 10 years ago but I'm fairly certain it had a different name at that time. My best guess would be that it changed names when it was sold years ago and then closed under the new name. I know some H20 guys that would likely know more about it. I'll post on their forum and see what turns up.

cdennisg wrote:
If I was in this for big money, I wouldn't be in it.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sweetleaf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I came across this ad in a 1962 Kamloops phone book which may be of interest to you. I am also looking for Sky Chief info/memorabilia for my VW!

I would be interested to see pics of your vehicle

Ad photo: http://imgur.com/rTGA0G7l
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

thanks

took m a year to see the post -

still looking to get info on the doublecab
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

PETER JAMES DICKER (PJ) KIRBY

88 years of age

Peter passed quietly July 30th, 2010 after a long battle with Alzheimer's.

He is survived by his loving wife of 64 years Estelle, his children Christopher (Libby) of Ottawa, Ontario, Jennifer (Jim) of Kamloops and Phillip (Sue) of White Rock, B.C., grandchildren Natasha, Katrina, Tamara, Sergei, Jason, Michael, Owen, Sandy and Brett, six great grandchildren and numerous nieces and nephews.

Born in Edmonton, Alberta on July 8th, 1922, he moved to Vancouver in his early teens to graduate from high school. From there he joined the RCAF and served overseas with the 432 Bomber Squadron.

He was the first Volkswagen dealer in Kamloops. Upon selling the dealership, he went to work for the provincial government in the PEP program until his retirement.
His many interests were boating, hockey, skiing, curling, golf, fishing, model airplane and garden railroad. He was Commodore of the Yacht Club, twice president of the RCAFA 886 WING SQUADRON and also a member of the Power Squadron.

He was a wonderful husband, father and friend: any better and he would be twins.

Many thanks to the wonderful staff at the Overlander Extended Care for their kindness and support.

A Memorial Service will be held on Monday, August 16th, 2010 at 1:00 p.m., in Saint Paul's Cathedral, 4th and Nicola, Kamloops, with Canon Jack Phelps officiating.

Should friends desire, donations to the 204 Black Mariah Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Cadets, would be greatly appreciated in his memory.

Condolences may be expressed at www.schoenings.com.

Service arrangements are entrusted to Schoening Funeral Service,
250-374-1454.
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

thanks for the info
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted Info about Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

On Ebay right now:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Kamloops-British-Columbia-S...xyuCJRbuho
Ojai63dbl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject: A double cab from Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

A thread update

Was at peace arch park in Blaine Wa

I look over and see a 70/71 ghia vert in line to clear customs
Walk over to talk to him and the guy tells me about the only one He wished he hadn’t let go— a Kamloops dealer double cab he sold 20 yrs ago

Turns out he had sold it to me and I had just happened to be there when was rolling through the line

Impossible story but true

I live in Florida he lives in Kewlona, BC

VWKarma
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: A double cab from Kamloops VW in Canada Reply with quote

Ojai63dbl wrote:
Impossible story but true

I believe you and the fact that I'm reading it here enhances my belief that these are real things.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: