Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Sad News about our friend Karl
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wakka420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelle. I live in fresno and often walked by your dads house when i went to fresno city. i always used to see the buses and want to ask questions but never wanted to intrude. If only i had known. They say hindsights 20/20, but you know, all his knowledge is still on this forum and it can still be used. Im sorry for the loss and if i had known then, i would have stopped and asked a few questions...
Karl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of good times at that school. Wink

But hey, can you do me a favor? The next time you pop in The Chicken Pie Shoppe, can you finagle the chicken pie recipe out of them?? Gosh, of all things to miss...those pies were awesome! LOL!

wakka420 wrote:
michelle. I live in fresno and often walked by your dads house when i went to fresno city.
wakka420
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been in tower in a few months, but i think the chicken pie shoppe might have moved or worse yet closed. Alot in the tower changed, so for the better..others...but hey! The peach pit is still there!
VWBusMan1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Very sad to hear about Karl's passing... Reply with quote

I don't check Samba that often so I am even more sad for the delay in sending condolences.

Karl was clearly a wonderful guy, good to me and even tho I've only known him thru this site I feel his loss.

It's never easy to say goodbye.

God be with you Karl and Michelle,

Yours, Mark
chrisradioman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear this news folks I really am. Shocked
that chris kid
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, im new to the forum and thought this would make a good first post. I never got the chance to have a conversation with Karl, but i thought you (michelle) should know how much of an impact he has had on me already with his wealth of knowledge. i came here knowing only the bare minimum about buses. and thanks to many of his posts i have learned a lot. One thing i noticed is that he was always respectful to other people, no matter their response. Such a hard quality to have. Even though i never knew him, there will be a little bit of Karl in my Bus too. I hope you and your family have a great holiday.
Chris
Haiblehaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better Karl. we need your wisdom!
Joey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haiblehaus wrote:
Get better Karl. we need your wisdom!

Sorry, but Karl passed away on Sept 16th.

‘60 Kombi - '74 Bus - '79 Panel - '65 Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
calebmelvin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never weighed in on this because I never knew what to say, then I found this. Perfect last memory of Karl for me.

Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:45 pm
Karl wrote:
On the first day, God created the dog and said:

'Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years.'

The dog said: 'That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?'

So God agreed.

On the second day, God created the monkey and said:

'Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span.'

The monkey said: 'Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the Dog did?'

And God agreed.

On the third day, God created the cow and said:

'You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years.'

The cow said: 'That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?'

And God agreed again.

On the fourth day, God created man and said:

'Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years.'

But man said: 'Only twenty yea rs? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?'

'Okay,' said God, 'You asked for it.'

So that is why for our first twenty years we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves. For the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family. For the next ten years we do m onkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren. And for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.

Life has now been explained to you.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3...p;start=20

Rest in Peace Friend.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Jump to:
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: