Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: cjsmitty
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: March 10, 2024
kmarshall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smittys took in my low light vert after a few years of other shops trying to turn a pretty, but horribly built show car, and gave me a safe and drivable toy for my fam to own for many years.

He started by fixing the dog claw marks from the shop that worked on it previously. The more Corey dug in to the car, the more he found substandard and scary work from the hacks that built it. Not all that glitters (on HotVWs cover) is gold. The car was a scary. Each time we ran into something, he would call and have a thoughtful conversation as he wanted to do things right, but didn't want me to ever think he was making up issues to increase the bill. We would chat through options and make decisions together.

We ended up with a solid driver that looks classic but could drive at 70mph all the way up the summit to Tahoe. From the hand painted logo german hubcaps to the new gas lines, brakes lines, clutch, carbs, ignition, brakes, front beam, clutch... everything was done right (for once) and gave me a ton of confidence in Corey's skills and ethics.

Its rare to find someone like Corey that has both the amazing skills and ethics any more. I highly recommend Smittys for any resto, parts or collision work.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Lucky777
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'm an Auto Body guy myself but more as a hobby, so I'm picky as I have known the trade since I was 17 years old. My wife and I will not go to any other shop other than Smitty's Auto Body, even though we live over 200 miles away. Since their opening, we have already taken 4 of our cars and trucks to them. They can work on almost anything from classics to brand new cars. Smitty's did work on our 23 window microbus, our Porsche 930 Turbo, our 57 Porsche 356A and lastly our AMG Mercedes.

We live several hours away, nearly 250 miles. Our Mercedes got bumped into at our local shopping center and unfortunately nobody left a note. Smitty's Auto Body arranged for us to have a rental car waiting when we arrived and the car was fixed to 100% factory specifications. All panel gaps were factory correct, color match was 100%, even the texture of the paint perfectly matched the rest of the car. This was all done in just a few days. My neighbor was a retired Concours d'Elegance judge in Monterey, California and even he said the level of work is award winning. Coming from a retired judge that used to judge multi-million dollar cars, that's impressive to say the least.

We will and do encourage others to make the drive to Smitty's to get the job done right! I would not hesitate to go anywhere except Smitty's when it comes to professional quality work and great customer service under a more than reasonable timeline! COULDN'T BE HAPPIER! I was just informed one of his customer's cars they restored was awarded FIRST PLACE. Whether it be a restoration, or a minor to major collision, they can also work with your insurance company to ensure a smooth transaction.

While being a family run business, you get treated like a friend or family, not like another number. Corey pours his heart and soul into his projects and does each and every job like it was his own vehicle. He's respectful, loyal, kind, and very honest. These qualities are next to impossible to find an a individual these days. Give them a try, you will be beyond happy of the quality of work and you will be treated wonderfully.

If anyone wants to speak to us directly please send me a PM. Thanks for reading my review.
Vani11aGori11a
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great shop!

I had Corey and his team at Smitty's do some preservation work on my original paint 63 single cab. The quality of work done is beyond any of my expectations. It had a lot of rust on the rockers, treasure chest floors, outriggers, jack points, battery tray, and some rear corner spots. The metal was repaired/replaced and blended into the original paint.

Many thanks Smitty's,

Zach
kchud
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: 1966 DC new 2165 motor Reply with quote

I've had Smitty's do some work on my DC in the past which I was very pleased with and recently brought it back and had them supply and install a new freeway flyer trans ,disc brakes and a 2165 motor with a custom cooling system and all the bells & whistles . The DC runs very strong now & stays cool - even when its triple digits outside. Besides Smitty's being a great body & paint shop -they're also a great mechanical shop -especially for VW's !

I highly recommend them & pass the word on ...you wont be disappointed
Flatbeat
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:39 pm    Post subject: Rusty Bus Reply with quote

What a Top Man Corey is! I bought the Rusty Bus from Corey and I have to say it was one of the smoothest and easiest transactions I've done through TheSamba and from the States. I'm in the UK. Corey made me feel totally at ease about the whole deal. He answered all of my questions honestly and undertook work on the bus that we agreed to complete the deal. He kept in touch through the whole process and checked with me first that I was happy with the work he was doing.
The fact that Corey and his team managed to resurrect the Rusty Bus is a credit to their skills and work. The bus is just amazing. They have managed to preserve the look of it sitting in the Texas sun for 20 years but also make it structurally sound and solid. They have done a fantastic job of blending and aging the repairs to maintain the overall look. Absolute Top Work!
Anyone thinking of dealing with Corey then don't hesitate. You will not find a more honest person to do business with. What really came through to me is just how genuinely enthusiastic Corey is about his work and what he does.
Thanks Corey for a great bus and deal. Nigel
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Bod Reply with quote

Bought a set of Jokon reverse lights for my Notch from Corey. Showed up as described. Thanks again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
project_therapy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Bod Reply with quote

Just wanted to post a message for Corey and his team at Smitty's auto body and paint. Corey's team painted my 55 bug and performed the final blocking and sealing as well. Corey has an exceptional eye for detail that produces top notch show quality work. He knows his Vws, as you can see though his Facebook and Instagram images he is knowledgable in all of the air cooled models. Corey also paid attention to areas that many shops over look. The spare tire trunk and engine and tire wells were painted like the quater panels. I would highly recommend His shop as you will not be disappointed in his professionalism and artist skill sets. Top notch, thanks again Corey!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
marc33
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Bod Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Last year I bought a 66 Sundial from an older man that had owned it since 1974. About two years ago he was driving, without a license I might add.....and he was involved in an accident with it. When I bought it, I called all of the local, So cal repair shops and wasn't stoked about the way the convos went. I noticed on The Samba that Corey's shop was well received and trusted, so I called them up and set up a time to trailer the bus up to them.

It was well worth the drive. Corey and his team did an amazing job. They treat the cars, and their owners, like family and always want the best for each project. He even took parts off of his own bus to help get mine back on the road. The repair was done with the upmost professionalism at a more than fair price. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Corey and his team to anyone looking to have their VW, or any other car repaired or restored.
Tom snowden
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

Just got my split window back and couldn't be happier! Smitty's Auto Body in Norcal is the absolute best. I said I wanted a daily driver and I'm sure I could show it, his work is that good! My neighbor is an old-school restoration classic car enthusiast and when I asked him to rate the quality on a scale of 1-10, he enthusiastically give it a score of 11.

If you live anywhere in Cali, you should take the time and give your business to the owner, Corey, before any other shop. He knows his s___. And he's up front - give him a call and you won't be sorry. Check out his Instagram and website. Thanks again, Corey Green Bus Very Happy
dcernik
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

Before I bought my 1st bus I went to Smitty's for some advice. Corey didn't know me at all but dropped what he was doing and spent 20 minutes chatting with me about Type 2s.
I've since had some work done which has made my driving experience so much better.
He is up front and honest with his opinions and it's quite obvious that he's all about quality work and not cutting corners, esp. when it comes to parts.
I never felt like I was being sold something I didn't want, and he always was happy to answer all of my questions.... plus he's a nice guy!!
I give Smitty's 5 thumbs up...
blackdog1999 Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

I have known Corey Smith for several years & seen a number of the cars he has build. All top notch. I was happy to see him take it to the next level & open a body/paint/restoration shop. Recently a family member of mine had a minor accident with a 2016 Beetle that did not even have license plates yet. The first person I though of who could do the repair to the quality that I expected was Corey. The turn around time was 2 weeks faster than I would have ever expected. More importantly the quality of the work looks to be completely top notch. We could not be happier.
righini68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

Corey and his team at Smitty's are the best in the business! I approached Corey about 2 years ago with some crazy ideas on how I wanted to restore and customize my VW bug and he didn't flinch. Every step of the restoration process with Corey was smooth and he always goes above and beyond to exceed expectations. His attention to detail is hands down the best in the business. We debuted my car at Bogorama 80 and took Promoter's Choice and Best Interior, which is a testament to the quality of work and pride that Corey and his team take with each and every project they work on.
demley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

Just got my 67 Ghia convertible back from Smitty's. Had the body removed from the pan and total and complete body work and paint. The car is absolutely beautiful, looking forward to getting it back on the road. Corey and his crew are easy to work with and very professional. If you are thinking of doing a restore, you would do very well to use Smitty's Body Shop. Really great experience.
Don
lkreisman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

Just wanted to put a recommendation out for Corey/Smitty's for their high level of professionalism with very reasonable rates. They replaced my '84 Westy windshield and addressed a small rust spot - looks great!! I would definitely use them again!
Pumpersniff
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: cjsmitty - [email protected] - Corey / Smitty's Auto Body Reply with quote

I was in an auto accident with my 71 vw bay window hardtop & sustained rear quarter panel, bumper & deck lid damage. I have a single stage two tone custom paint job & I was nervous about being in "paint jail" and having the paint match correctly. After multiple phone calls with the extremely patient owner, Corey, I turned my baby over to his care.
The repair was spot on and you can't even tell I was hit. The work is great, the color match was great, & the timeliness was faster than expected. Corey & Jamie & their team are efficient and streamlined. This is a true high end, old school, functioning business which provided a service with pride and integrity.
If you have Hagerty Insurance do not hesitate to take your car here, they made the process easy & they worked well with my Hagerty Insurance Company rep. They are worth the drive!

Sorry, I don't have a clear uploaded picture of the damage.

Smitty's Auto Body
530-878-1057 in Meadow Vista
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: