Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

moving to asheville nc
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
bread geek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: moving to asheville nc Reply with quote

any tips on neighborhoods to look for with my family,looking to buy a house or maybe rent for a little first.we are moving from the arctic tundra known as maine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
CF
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get on the full moon bus club and ask.they are from the south..
Gauche1968
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone who posts here regularly is from Asheville, works at the VW dealer there. Can't remember his handle off the top of my head though....
AndyBees
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Ashville, NC Reply with quote

I have never lived in Ashville, but I have been by/thru/stopped a number of times on my way to various points East and South.

There is a nice Farmers Market off I-40/I-26.

My guess would be that you will like it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dixoncj
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey - drop me an email - I have a good friend who just moved from there. Can give you the skinny. Great, great, great town.
If you bring your vanagon down I-26 to Charleston (Asheville's coastal cousin), let me know.
Chris Dixon
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
devesvws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that is so weird, i wanted to ask about Asheville myself on here. my great friend catfish is moving there the first of next month. the music seen there should get him plenty of gigs, and the likes of warren haynes from there. wow warren and catfish on the same stage that would be to cool. i cant wait to visit its been years. check this link out http://www.newfrontier.com/aha/ashv0492.htm
THE FEW THE PROUD THE ORIGINAL VW WATERBOXER -> looking for a original 91 vanagon owners manual with 1991 on the cover http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmuiG2tUsP4&feature=share https://picasaweb.google.com/101290228103300323836/BostonBobFlywheelVideo#5543000332201103922
morymob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asheville is a nice town been there many times and i think they now have 2 streets running parallel, kinda tricky to get around at first,like a small version of Boston.
Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: moving to asheville nc Reply with quote

bread geek wrote:
any tips on neighborhoods to look for with my family,looking to buy a house or maybe rent for a little first.we are moving from the arctic tundra known as maine.

Shocked
VWGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Asheville is an awesome place... have debated moving there myself and was scheduled to do so this month but things changed...

fullmoonbusclub.com is a great place to meet some other bus people... there are a lot of people on there from asheville! You'll love it! good luck!
noza
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you get there go to the Moose Cafe and order the chicken and dumplings. Best in the country. Cool
Great town.
Herr Motorspiele
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived there from '96-'02 and plan to eventually move back. Once you leave it's hard to stay away! Check here for lots of Asheville/WNC info: http://www.mountainx.com and here for more classifieds: http://www.iwanna.com/
I lived all over town but really liked North Asheville Merrimon Rd. area and the Montford neighborhood. Really depends on what you're looking for, city or country. West A-ville (Haywood Rd. area) is growing pretty quickly too. With the current economy and real estate market now is probably a good time to buy. Good luck.
Oh yeah, ANYTHING at the Moose is great.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: