Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

John Porter .. playing fair pays off!!!!
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnyrotten
I Cure Seizures!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: John Porter .. playing fair pays off!!!! Reply with quote

Here's the story. I purchased an owners manual for my 56 oval from John in the classifieds. A few days after I paid, I received an email stating he sold it by mistake and would like it returned. I pondered why this gentleman wanted it back and was told it was for his son's restoration. I again pondered sending it back b/c I really wanted it and the price was more than fair.

I finally decided the best thing to do would be to return it since he really seemed upset that he had accidentally sold it and he verified that his son had a 56 (black vert) by an emailed picture.

He offered to pay for a birth certif for one of my cars as a thank you for sending it back. I responded by stating that is a nice gesture, but I dunno which car I wanted to do the certif for.... (my oval or my Ghia). He responded by stating he would do both of them and track me down another manual!!!!! Shocked

Less than a week later, John found me another manual which was pretty much the same price I paid for his!!!!! I have since talked with John a few times and he surely is passionate about VWs and VW culture. John is truly an asset to the VW community.

I did better than I would have if I had told him "too bad" and also met yet another fellow enthusiast in the process.

I DOES pay to be nice to others Cool

Thanks a million John!!!!!!

In the garage....

64 Ghia
66 beetle
56 Oval rag
58 ex-art project Beetle
A fleet of parts buses and ghias
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: