Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
IP359
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Tim from Buggy Shop in Hutchinson, Kansas is a very fair and honnest seller.
It was a real pleasure to deal with him.
Fast shipping, perfect item and very good communication. If i resume : a perfect seller !
bond007
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a VW sunbug shifter from Tim. Ultra fast shipment and well packaged!!!

Thanks!!!
vwfamilia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: 3-NOS sewfine seat covers FS 58-64 Reply with quote

Fast shipping, good communication, & delivered just as described. Will be doing business with him again in the foreseeable future.

Chris
evokes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Wanted to pass along positive feedback for Tim. Bought a book from Tim at the Buggy Shop in Hutchinson, Kansas and he is a great seller on TheSamba... He is what TheSamba is all about.

Well packaged and great communication. Highly recommend!

Thanks Tim!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubfan68
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: 57 -67 Convertible Frame Header Bow Repair Plates Reply with quote

First time purchase From Tim . Great communication along with great service . Would buy again without hesitation . Thank You !!! Tim
tochtli83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a hard-to-find grill from the Buggy shop. I talked on the phone and noted that I was in no real rush to get the part, so finding time to find adequate packing material really didn't concern me. I was more concerned about getting the plastic grill intact.

I understand the mentality: you've got a load of parts you're trying to clear out for new stock. If they get damaged in shipment, UPS/Fedex will cover it. But at the end of the day, I would have paid more for the item to arrive without broken parts than have a discounted price on a broken part, or have UPS take possession of the part after I file a claim and get my money back. If I wanted money, I wouldn't have spent it.

So, when the part did arrive: poorly packaged and damaged, I was understandably annoyed/upset. So, if you really don't give a shit about the parts you're selling, why not just junk them rather than tease people with the promise of parts in photo condition?

So, here I have a hard to find part, that may have been "mint" before it shipped (Ill never know). And, the reason it's no longer "mint", is because the seller couldn't take the time to find an appropriately-sized box to ship it in. Instead, he crammed it into a square box that he turned into a trapezoid. Do I file a claim and have UPS pick it up and lose the part? Or, do I grin and bear it for the sake of having a slightly damaged part that's hard to find?

You tell me. Either I return the damaged part to the seller or UPS, and risk the possiblity of never finding one again, or I accept the damage due to shoddy packing and live with it. There's no solution to the issue that's satisfying. Why bother telling the seller. The only condition I wanted was as-described and delivered to my door as such.

Either way, I've got a shitty taste in my mouth.

Bottom line: don't buy any large and delicate items from this buyer and expect them to arrive in their described condition.
76 Scirocco
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Good experiance w/ The Buggy Shop Reply with quote

I wanted to thank Tim from The Buggy Shop for the parts I got from him. Everything was exactly as descibed and delivered on time. Great guy to deal w/ and no drama. I would buy from him again anytime.
tochtli83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posts items for sale. I email and ask about a shipped price. He tells me the shipping costs, and asks me if I want a PayPal invoice. I reply "yes" I would. That was Friday. I never received the invoice. On Sunday, I ask where to remit PayPal payment. This morning I get two messages. One, finally telling me where to send payment. And another, telling me that the item sold (though I told him on Friday that I wanted item no matter what).

When I asked about why they had sold, when I so cleary stated that I wanted them, and was only waiting for payment info, he states "should have taken care of it on Friday." HOW???? I never received PayPal payment info!
SIERRABUS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: THE BUGGY SHOP (Tim) FRAUDULENT MEMBER!!!! Reply with quote

Wanted to warn ALL, "WARNING", other Samba Members. Tim From "THE BUGGY SHOP" is fraudulent, dishonest, profane, rude, and arrogant! The guys is a crook. CAUTION! AVOID!
1) Sent me an incorrectly advertised item.
2) Then harassed me, was rudely inappropriate, threatened me when I emailed, and was subsequently forced to call him to inquire about returning the incorrectly advertised item he sent.
3) Vulgar language and a threat to "Give me an ass chewing", he then hung up on me,
4) Then refused to issue a refund for HIS mistake, unless I paid return shipping, which mistakingly, I did.
5) After he received the returned item, Fed Ex tracking # 795794950917, he simply ignored my inquiries to refund the money for the falsely advertised item I had to return.
6) FORTUNATELY, Paypal reviewed the dispute, and backed me up, deducting the money from his Paypal account, returning it to mine, TOUCHE!
THIS GUY IS NOT WELCOME HERE! Don't do it no matter how good it seems!
CROOK!, FRAUD, SMALL MAN'S COMPLEX
Please send me an email if you would like a copy of our email correspondence to view for yourself. Here is his info below:
http://thebuggyshop.50megs.com
the buggy shop
1803 e 4th ave
Hutchinson Ks 67501
1 (620) 662-4557
tochtli83
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds about right.

See my previous posts.

On the most recent attempt to buy something (when he sold it before I even had a chance to buy it because he never sent me an invoice or a paypal address), I sent an irate email. His response:

"Go get a life."

He then states, " I guess you won't be getting the other set that I have"

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

After all that crap, he could have simply stated from the start: "The item I had listed has sold, but I have have another set I can sell you if interested."

Yeah, he's a piece of work. Sorry to hear about your situation.
birwin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Don't trust TIM HOWARD from the BUGGY SHOP... Reply with quote

Tim "claimed" he had a white steering column and steering wheel for sale. I emailed him with the picture to ask if he still had the item and he said yes. I called him on the phone and he confirmed that he still had the part. I asked if he took credit card transactions and he said yes, because he owns The Buggy Shop in Hutchinson KS, so he's done many credit transactions. We agreed to a price and he said he'd have to take the steering wheel off and send it in two packages so it might be a little more in shipping, so I agreed to the extra expense. I saw the transaction on my credit card the next day.

Fast Forward Two Weeks: NO PACKAGE! I contacted Tim Howard via email and he stated that He no longer had the parts that I purchased because he sold them. I asked how he could sell something that he and I virtually shook hands on and he just couldn't answer. Coward!

Then he went on about "a fire back in January, blah, blah blah". Funny thing, the transaction took place in April and he gladly ran my credit card in April. He had no explanation of what happened just that "He would credit the amount to my credit card but it may take 24 hours". Hmm, it's been 72 and no credit to my account.

I emailed him again and he was an absolute tool! This guy is a hack and has unethical business practices. I guess with a rating of an "F" on the Better Business Bureau web site, you certainly shouldn't expect a lot.
Tim Howard
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

I've been in business 32 years, Built hundreds of sand rails/sand cars and shipped 4 to the uae and qatar. In my first 15 years I bought and sold and crushed over 2000 vw bugs and busses and this is my first time to ever reply on a forum. I cant tell you how many thousands of deals Ive done on and off the internet, My rant. A couple of little people with large egos come along that just are not happy things just didnt quite go there way. sorry. really sorry. Out of 32 years I missed a few. but literally got thousands right. and there will be thousands more as I am starting to liquidate my vintage nos vw inventory. I'll try to get your order right as I sell off this kool stuff. In this day and age there is not many vw shops that have been in business 32 years and have accumulated the amount of product that I have, Thanks for at least the 32 years and we'll see how the next five or six go, Thank you. Thebuggyshop.net aluminumgastanks.net and cncvalvecovers.com Tim Howard
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got a nice item from Tim. No problems.
Nick12
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Buyer beware.
Bad transaction for me.

I am no fan of long detailed descriptions in my ads, but that is why I always put lots of detailed pictures in my ads (a detailed set of pictures is worth a thousand words). I bought some westy tent brackets from Tim. One of them is cracked into 3 pieces. Two of the brackets have gnarly gouges in them that affect their structural integrity. A westy tent is very very heavy, and I would be afraid to use these brackets to support that weight without breaking off. So if anybody is considering buying something from Tim, make sure you demand many detailed pictures, and a complete description stating any flaws the item has. Use regular paypal to pay him, do not use paypal "gift/friends/family". He says he won't refund because I am bringing this up to him more than 30 days after the transaction even though this "policy" isn't mentioned anywhere in any of his 233 ads. So make sure you open the package immediately to inspect your item.

Ad picture below.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

What arrived, below. First picture shows the one cracked in three pieces.

The ad itself.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1869616
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Brendel20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just bought a part from Tim. He was great. Shipped it super fast. Even took the time to chat with me on the phone to make sure the part was correct. I’d buy again from him in a heartbeat.
Ceckert64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Howard - Buggy Shop - [email protected] Reply with quote

I had a bad experience too:

He had a set of 72 bus carbs for sale for $150, got in contact, sent him the money, and asked to let me know when it shipped. I didn’t hear anything for a few days, I called, “Oh yeah, I had my guys look all over and couldn’t find them. I will have them look again “ okay Confused I call back again a few days later as I hadn’t heard anything, “Oh, we looked again but couldn’t find it.” I ask about a refund, “I will send it to you Friday”. Friday goes by and I call the next week, “oh, sorry, I forgot about that I will send it to you Wednesday” At this point I’m getting frustrated, I’m clearly not getting my part and not getting a refund. I had to call one more time and I finally got my refund after a couple of weeks of dealing with this. I would not recommend as making it very difficult to get my money back on a part he didn’t even have was angering.
“Fitz” 1971 Westfalia Poptop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: