Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My conundrum
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  

Late Westy?
Sell the deluxe and the '70, buy a late camper, and take the kids camping whilst you can.
67%
 67%  [ 25 ]
Camp in the converted Deluxe. You wanted it, build it and enjoy it. Bring some tents.
32%
 32%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 37

Randy in Maine
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old, new, it won't matter to your kids. The kids are all that really matter when it comes down to it.

Go camping even if it is just in your back yard .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Blaubus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its easier in this economy to buy things. not so easy to sell the westy. so go ahead and try to sell the 70 but if it doesnt sell, then fix up the 69 or 70.

if power brakes are the main safety item missing from the 69 & 70, then you can convert either one of them to power brakes. just buy a beam for the spindles, calipers, hubs, and booster plate. buy a booster and master. put the parts on. even if you were to buy a late bay, you would be glad you converted the 69.

Last edited by Blaubus on Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
theizzardking
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do what i did keep the style of the early bay find a late bay interior and chuck that in, i have all of the luxuries of a '77 but get to cruise in my t-1 powered early bay style, best of both world's.
Bay Window Steve
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kept thinking I would fix the 70, but its got rust around the rear hatch, and has the cot uptop (BTW, does anyone sell new cots aftermarket?) and no canvas. At the very least, I need to replace the motor, tires, apply for lost title, canvas top, cot uptop, and nine million other little things. All said, it could be done cheaper than buying a late bay, but I still have concerns. Not structurally, since the rust is limited to non structure areas, but its pretty beat. And, I would like to tow our SeaDoos with us. Feasible in a stock 1600 powered bay?

Member: WTKHABG

Original Air Cooler Member
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: