Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Flasher relay mega mystery!
Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickey mouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Flasher relay mega mystery! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've replaced my broken 1970 fuse box with a rewired 1972 after being handed back a mess of wires by the mechanics that said they would fix things. Everything works but my hazard lights and turn signals.

I replaced the emergency flasher switch, which was definitely bad, and I even got the exact same one as the original.

Now when I turn on the hazard lights I have power leaving the switch, going to and entering the flasher relay, but I have no power leaving the relay.

I bought a cheap one at autozone to see if it would work, but I get the same result: no power leaving the relay, no turn signals, no hazard lights.

I am mystified!

Please help!
bsairhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Flasher relay mega mystery! Reply with quote

Verify ground path to gauge cluster
mickey mouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Flasher relay mega mystery! Reply with quote

yes i have the ground wire going to ground up to the left of where the fuse box mounts, then another brown wire leading from that to the gauges.
bsairhead
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Flasher relay mega mystery! Reply with quote

How many connections on the relay?
mickey mouse
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Flasher relay mega mystery! Reply with quote

All fixed! I had the positive and negative terminals backwards!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Bay Window Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: