Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevdubstheshop
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 07, 2017
dawerks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Why is there another vendor selling the same exact stuff but under a different user name? Same ads, same everything??
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

This seller?
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=freebirdstorefront

This was posted a couple pages back:
EverettB wrote:
Enkiel wrote:
guess who'se back?

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=freebirdstorefront

I was notified when this person began posting and both the new advertiser and Vintage V-Dubs separately informed me that this is a new party who is buying their parts wholesale from them for resale.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
retromod restoration
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Bruce at Vintage Vdubs truly is a piece of work. My customer ordered a straight axle kit, axle offset axle plates. Drop spindles. Wilwood front brake kit. Dual master cylinder kit. They took 8 weeks and 7 shipments and we still didn't get everything. The wilwood caliper mount were flimsy plates with a nut barely welded onto them were the caliper mounts. The rear axle plates were 1.25" too long causing massive toe out. The only good parts we got was the Wright Gearbox . They also sent me 3 rear rotors which I couldn't even use because the disk brake kit would not fit the stock rear wheels so we got a drum brake kit. We ended up getting the wagons west adjustable spring plates which are great parts that actually fit. I'm machining front caliper mounts as we speak. Bruce's caliper mounts bolt pattern didn't line up and I had to use washers just so the caliper we centered on the rotor. PLEASE BEWARE BRUCE AT VINTAGE VDUBS IS A THEIF AND WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR PHONE CALLS ONCE HE GETS YOUR MONEY. AND HE DOESNT RETURN HIS FAULTY PARTS. HIS PHONE ANSWERING SERVICE IS IN THE PHILLIPINES OF ALL PLACES.
I apologize for the capitalization but this guy has tied up this split window double cab in my shop for 10 weeks now because of his untrustworthy business and the fact we had to spend thousands more to get additional parts as well as all the parts I personally am left with to fabricate and machine. His braided brake lines don't even fit on the wilwood calipers. I have to literally got threw every piece of this puzzle just to make it all work

I can email pics of everything if you guys want to see his garbage parts
[email protected]

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WAGONS WEST they have high quality parts
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

whats this new company using all the same pictures, also in san diego

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Bandits+Garage

seems fishy at best
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Just called them - answered the phone "Gino". Asked if they were the same as VintageVeeDubs. He admitted the products came from VVW and then said: "..well, uh, I guess we are the new distributor for them..."

And yet they keep selling here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Erik G wrote:
whats this new company using all the same pictures, also in san diego

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Bandits+Garage

seems fishy at best

OB Bus wrote:
Just called them - answered the phone "Gino". Asked if they were the same as VintageVeeDubs. He admitted the products came from VVW and then said: "..well, uh, I guess we are the new distributor for them..."

And yet they keep selling here.

Yes, they told me they were a distributor when I saw this new user and contacted them earlier today.

I recommend they read the feedback thread and re-evaluate their arrangement.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sambaphil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

So I have read pages and pages of complaints about Bruce from Vintage V-Dubs, faulty products, no refunds, wrong shipments, total nightmare company / person to buy from.

If he has robbed our community so much, why is he allowed to advertise on this board? I see his ads all the time on this board and it makes me wonder what the heck is going on here? The advertising dollars made can't be worth it...I know I maybe calling a baby ugly but this is not right.

My 2 cents...
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=671945&highlight=

Single Port Samba Phil
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWHotSauce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Never buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs ...first time rolling the lowered rear end out the garage, drop axles taco'd under the weight. Literally have had to rebuild or re-buy EVERYTHING they have made for me. Thank god for Nate @wagenswest hooking me up with stuff that works.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

clemhk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I have never posted anything about someone I bought parts from but I am doing this as I think people should beware of these people

I ordered a complete lowering kit and gearbox from Vintage V-Duds and spoke to Bruce on the phone first to make sure all would be understood on what he could provide and what I wanted

Seemed Ok so I sent them deposit then around time he promised would be ready I paid balance and the dramas started

I arranged forwarder to collect from him as I am in Thailand delays started as was reluctant to answer my forwarder or me as to tax invoice after 10 days cargo moved

Upon arrival I was surprised to find a bunch of parts in no sense of order thrown into USPS envelopes no paperwork what so ever, no parts list or even a simple instructions

Many emails from me and one reply from them that would "put something together for me"

This never happened to now

I also told them that while i ordered for a RHD I was sent LHD
More problem the quality of the parts were to put it nicely very average and many old parts that should have been put in the rubbish bin not in a order that they charged me USD6800
I have so far had to order new stub axles and parts to convert to RHD
I have yet to fit the whole system yet as with no help from them its not easy
Also being old worn out parts with a coat of paint on them nothing seems to fit correctly

I hope you read this posting Bruce and more importantly I hope other people looking to restore there VW do and take my advice and steer clear of your company you are not honest and not a company that tries to help sort out your company short falls
jmjoseph
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Do not buy anything from Vintage VDubs.

I bought the Vanagon Disk Brake kit, and the Rotors and Calipers were not usable. The custom Caliper mounting brackets were poorly machined. Worse than the fact that almost none of the parts in the kit were usable on a stock Vanagon, was the total lack of Customer Service. It took 3 months to get all of the parts in the kit, and the guys there rarely returned calls and emails. I have contacted them about a partial refund for the Rotors and Calipers that I'd like to return and of course I have gotten no reply.

I really regret buying parts from Vintage VDubs. Please learn from my expensive mistake, and do not conduct business with these guys.
themadcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Mad
I ordered the tow bar kit from Vintage V-Dubs, I was promised a week or so turn around. The problem with them is the horrible customer service they have. Poor communication overall.

I had to file a dispute with Pay Pal to get my money back.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zachary.macpherson
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get in contact with these guys I ordered some drop plates, a transmission raise kit, and some shocks that will work with the lower suspension. I PayPaled them $350 over a month ago and I just got the spring plates ( which looked like something I could have built myself a lot of porousity in the wields and a crapy pant job and in the wrong color I asked for red and they got sent to me painted black) and nothing else and I just want the rest of my parts or some money back so I can buy the rest from someone else. I'm a e-4 in the army so I'm really not making enough money to take a loss for parts I've ordered and I'm on the job 50 or 60 hours a week so I really don't have the time to deal with parts guys that aren't doing the right thing.
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

If they are not responding to you I would do a Paypal dispute or call your credit card and do a chargeback.
la_bruce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

While Bruce at Vintage V-Dubs seems like a nice guy, I cannot recommend the disk brake conversion kit based on my experience. I was converting my early type 34 (Type 3 Ghia) to front disks. Using the stock early type 3 wheels is not possible with most kits since there is limited clearance. Vintage V-Dubs was one of the few companies that offered a solution.

But, it took far longer then expected to get the kit put together and shipped. Once installed, I found that the custom bracket did not center the calipers on the disk. Also the calipers, I believe, were knock-off wilwood units. These did not work at all with the largest type 3 master I could find. I eventually had a custom conversion done by Old Speed in Paramount.
kangaboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

la_bruce wrote:
While Bruce at Vintage V-Dubs seems like a nice guy, I cannot recommend the disk brake conversion kit based on my experience.

Same for me. The mounting brackets look cheap and whatever jig they are using to create them is off a bit. I had to spend a while with a hand file, ovaling out the mounting holes just to get them to go on my spindles. There were no instructions, so it took me several times to figure out how the hell everything lined up. I had to use a few extra shims to keep the caliper mounting bolts from hitting the rotor, and another to space the caliper properly on the rotor. I purchased the stainless steel flex lines as well. One of them was garbage from the start, and was clogged or messed up from the factory. It would have ended up costing me more to return it and deal with the refund process, so I just ate the cost on that one. The bearings that are included are Chinese as well. I would have prolly been better off using my original FAG bearings that were on it.
In hind sight, I would have never made this purchase. I would have gone through a reputable source. I kick myself every time I think about it for not looking at the reviews for this place.
Also, all my invoices went through SlammedBullies...not Vintage V-Dubs. So do with that info as you will.

skills@eurocarsplus wrote:
Shocked

that fucking thing looks like it drove through a J.C. Whitney catalogue and hit everything on the way out Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ace Radio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

If ANYONE is still considering buying from Vintage V-Dubs, I urge you to reconsider.

I started a split bus project in 2015 and purchased a narrowed beam from Vintage V-Dubs as the work was underway. I recall having several customer service issues in relation to the beam not being shipped when promised and there was also an "upgrade" that was provided (not at my request) after I received the product. The owner initially said he felt bad about the delays and offered to give me the upgrade (shortened center pin) for my trouble. Later, he tried to get additional money from me and had a different person call me to collect. It wasn't part of the original deal, so I refused. I installed the beam and work continued on the bus. I pledged to never do business with Vintage V-Dubs again. I considered it to be a learning experience and felt it was water under the bridge.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I began to put some actual miles on the bus and drove to a show about 350 miles from home. This was the first real outing for the bus on the highway. As the trip was underway, I began to notice more and more play in the steering. I actually had to pull off the highway and drive back roads at one point on the way back home. All of the components (tie rods, etc...) were new. I arrived home, climbed under the bus and noted there was a huge amount of play in the center pin.

I disassembled the center pin and found what appeared to be a thin metal lining on the interior of the pin housing, between the beam and the bushings. I pushed the bearings out of the housing and they appeared to be late bus link pin bearings. There are no grease channels inside the bushings for lubrication. The fit between the bushings and pin were sloppy and not reamed to fit. I then inspected the thin metal inside the housing, removed it and found that it was an aluminum coke can. I'm guessing it was placed there as a shim between the housing and bushings.

I have always tried to support small and up and coming businesses, but this was outrageous. One positive thing though is this experience has actually made me a better enthusiast because I will now have confidence that the work was done correctly (by me). It's just sad that we allow these types of individuals to operate within our community. My suggestion... Don't buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs (or whatever name they're using today). I'm cautious now about any businesses in the San Diego area in case they're using others as a way of avoiding the negative feedback. So sad...
OB Bus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Bailey's Lawn Service wrote:
If ANYONE is still considering buying from Vintage V-Dubs, I urge you to reconsider.

...I then inspected the thin metal inside the housing, removed it and found that it was an aluminum coke can. I'm guessing it was placed there as a shim between the housing and bushings.

I have always tried to support small and up and coming businesses, but this was outrageous......It's just sad that we allow these types of individuals to operate within our community. My suggestion... Don't buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs (or whatever name they're using today).....So sad...

And yet they are still permitted to advertise here.
Mr. Barnes, what does it take to deny this company advertising privileges? Someone being injured (or dead) due to their defective products?
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Saw an ad for a Bosch 019 core for a reasonable price and contacted the seller.

But for some reason I decided to check their feedback and after reading some of the latest post... I passed on the deal.

Thank you all.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I agree and with some emails I got recently as well, they have been removed from the site due to the various reasons listed above by buyers.

I have NOT removed their used parts account as I don't believe anyone has had any issues with buying used parts from them.
Used parts account:
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=Usedpartsvvd

I do not believe they have any "distributors" on the site at this time but if anyone knows of other accounts advertising their products, post here or PM me as those will be removed as well.
55vert
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I too have had indirect dealings with Bruce. I purchased a very nice dbl cab that the owner, who was having it built in San Diego, purchased the front 4" narrowed beam, rear spring plates, etc from Bruce. I took it to get aligned because it was extremely scary to drive. Had to replace king pins, rear plates (got new from Nate) and now I just ordered a new 2" narrowed beam from Nate. The 4" beam CANNOT be aligned. The camber is way out.
I talked and emailed Bruce and he actually referred me to a shop in Rialto and also to Wright gear box. They told me in so many words, no. I vaguely remember him offering parts but I had my ass kicked once, that's enough. The guy I got the truck from was really pissed, because he had no idea but now I'm looking up dead mules ass.
Thanks again to Nate for having the skill and a conscious to put out a quality product.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 22 of 24

Jump to: