Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vintagevdubstheshop
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: June 07, 2017
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Bailey's Lawn Service wrote:
If ANYONE is still considering buying from Vintage V-Dubs, I urge you to reconsider.

I started a split bus project in 2015 and purchased a narrowed beam from Vintage V-Dubs as the work was underway. I recall having several customer service issues in relation to the beam not being shipped when promised and there was also an "upgrade" that was provided (not at my request) after I received the product. The owner initially said he felt bad about the delays and offered to give me the upgrade (shortened center pin) for my trouble. Later, he tried to get additional money from me and had a different person call me to collect. It wasn't part of the original deal, so I refused. I installed the beam and work continued on the bus. I pledged to never do business with Vintage V-Dubs again. I considered it to be a learning experience and felt it was water under the bridge.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I began to put some actual miles on the bus and drove to a show about 350 miles from home. This was the first real outing for the bus on the highway. As the trip was underway, I began to notice more and more play in the steering. I actually had to pull off the highway and drive back roads at one point on the way back home. All of the components (tie rods, etc...) were new. I arrived home, climbed under the bus and noted there was a huge amount of play in the center pin.

I disassembled the center pin and found what appeared to be a thin metal lining on the interior of the pin housing, between the beam and the bushings. I pushed the bearings out of the housing and they appeared to be late bus link pin bearings. There are no grease channels inside the bushings for lubrication. The fit between the bushings and pin were sloppy and not reamed to fit. I then inspected the thin metal inside the housing, removed it and found that it was an aluminum coke can. I'm guessing it was placed there as a shim between the housing and bushings.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I have always tried to support small and up and coming businesses, but this was outrageous. One positive thing though is this experience has actually made me a better enthusiast because I will now have confidence that the work was done correctly (by me). It's just sad that we allow these types of individuals to operate within our community. My suggestion... Don't buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs (or whatever name they're using today). I'm cautious now about any businesses in the San Diego area in case they're using others as a way of avoiding the negative feedback. So sad...

holy shit a Coke can
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
TonyTurbo42
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I hate to add to this thread, but I really have no choice. We are building a customers Manx, and this is not a platform we work on a lot. We manufacture turbochargers, and build kits for more late model German cars. (Vargasturbo.com)

Either way I did some searching and found Vintage V-dubs. Called 4 times, no answer, no response to email. Should have been my first sign. I wanted to purchase almost 6K worth of stuff, full IRS conversion, complete front beam, wilwoods all the way around, Pro Street Trans, etc. Finally got a call from Bruce, he sounded helpful, I liked what I heard. I gave him payment info right away. He was very responsive.

Fast forward about a month, nothing, no response to texts. Finally I get a response saying the stuff shipped, would be here the next day. 10 days later, nothing, got another promise. Finally a pallet showed up with a bunch of random parts coat hangered to it with a 1/8" layer of dust on everything, steering arms scored up from being held in a vice, basically I was blown away.

At this point I got a little worried, only half the parts showed, and they looked terrible. I paid extra to have everything come assembled. Nothing was assembled. In the following month, I got poorly packaged USPS flat rate boxes with random parts in them so I could assemble the parts I paid to come assembled. Finally when I felt like I had enough to assemble the fun began. I found mismatched parts, parts that would not fit, etc, etc. I kept giving bruce the benefit of the doubt. I decided to just go coil over rear to get rid of some of the parts that did not fit. Took another month for the arms to come. Then I had to call the shock company, and pay for the shocks myself (red flag alert). Then the shocks showed up, and would not fit. I was not told things would have to be modified or I would have known better.

This was the last straw, I told Bruce I wanted to keep a few things, and send the rest back. He said no send it all back, I said fine. We went back, and forth for about a week until he just stopped responding. I finally had to initiate a charge back this week, and was able to provide all my text messages etc to the CC company. We have now out of our own pockets spent $7800 on Mendeola parts to replace the Vintage V-dubs parts hoping we win this charge back so we can get the initial 6K we paid to Bruce back.

This has been a nightmare in just about every way. Knowing what I know now. Mendeola / Cool Rydes would have gotten my business to start.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Tony,

Thank you for the positive words. Your order was placed in my shipping persons inbox to pull your suspension parts Thursday morning, and I'm glad to say a cart with your order slip attached to it is already starting to fill up with parts to fill your order. unlike a lot of our competition we keep parts on the shelf ready to fill orders and ship. I expect your order like most of our orders will be filled and shipped out in 6-10 business days.

Thanks for the business and for the record there are a few good quality shops that have integrity still out here.

Best regards,

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jazzyjeffp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Beware to anyone that may shop with Vintage V-Dubs. These people area straight crooks. I have had nothing but problem after problem in dealings with them and their shoddy workmanship.

My first issue with them started when I received my brake kit in the mail completely mangled because of bad packing on their part. I asked for an exchange and was ignored until I threatened to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I ended up receiving a replacement that looked fine, but that is not where the problems stopped.

Fast forward to actually installing the brake kit (paid about $1,000) on my bus and nothing about the kit is right. It is missing parts which they refuse to send to me even though I offer to pay for them. The calipers do not bolt on evenly spaced over the rotors with the crap flimsy brackets that they give you, then there is an issue with the spacer between the rotor and the adapter not being thick enough, so the wide 5 adapter hits the caliper, and finally the studs on the adapter do not have threads going all the way down to the pace of the adapter, so there is no way to bolt on factory bus wheels.

At this point I have contacted them to try and come to a resolution for this issue, but again, I am ignored. I have spent $1,000 on the kit itself and am probably going to have another $200 - $400 in it when I am done trying to correct the atrocious build issues with the kit.

If you are in the market do yourself a favor and go to Wagens West instead. Nate builds a quality kit and gives a shit about his customers.
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

jazzyjeffp wrote:
Beware to anyone that may shop with Vintage V-Dubs. These people area straight crooks. I have had nothing but problem after problem in dealings with them and their shoddy workmanship.

My first issue with them started when I received my brake kit in the mail completely mangled because of bad packing on their part. I asked for an exchange and was ignored until I threatened to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I ended up receiving a replacement that looked fine, but that is not where the problems stopped.

Fast forward to actually installing the brake kit (paid about $1,000) on my bus and nothing about the kit is right. It is missing parts which they refuse to send to me even though I offer to pay for them. The calipers do not bolt on evenly spaced over the rotors with the crap flimsy brackets that they give you, then there is an issue with the spacer between the rotor and the adapter not being thick enough, so the wide 5 adapter hits the caliper, and finally the studs on the adapter do not have threads going all the way down to the pace of the adapter, so there is no way to bolt on factory bus wheels.

At this point I have contacted them to try and come to a resolution for this issue, but again, I am ignored. I have spent $1,000 on the kit itself and am probably going to have another $200 - $400 in it when I am done trying to correct the atrocious build issues with the kit.

If you are in the market do yourself a favor and go to Wagens West instead. Nate builds a quality kit and gives a shit about his customers.

Jeff wasn’t it you that came to me and ordered this brake kit 2 years ago because you had problems with Nate at Wagenswest in the first place?

You’re right, the first package I sent your kit in was damaged in shipping and I apologize. However, I sent you an entire new brake kit priority mail after finding out about the damages. I’m sure as all other small businesses do, I am constantly improving my shipping packaging and strategy to insure my parts get to my customers in good shape.

Let’s fast forward two years….you still haven’t installed the kit you needed for that weekend build and you texted me September 22nd saying that the hardware may or may have not been shipped or that you possibly lost it. It’s obvious to me that you lost the hardware or else you would have brought this immediately to my attention when the second kit was sent as you did with the first kit with shipping damages. Furthermore, if they weren’t sent, you wouldn’t have offered to pay for the hardware over our text thread.

This brake kit has been sold to many other customers and has worked flawlessly….what I don’t understand is how can you say that everything doesn’t line up or bolts on wrong and that the threads don’t go all the way down to the adapter if you don’t have the hardware….? Riddle me that.

Just so EVERYONE knows, you were not ignored and I responded to your texts on my personal phone…even on my days off. I apologize if I didn’t respond in a timely manner and drop everything I’m doing like filling my customer’s orders to send hardware you misplaced from an order two years ago.

At this point I would rather do business with other customers.

Thank you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

RobProbasco wrote:
Never buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs ...first time rolling the lowered rear end out the garage, drop axles taco'd under the weight. Literally have had to rebuild or re-buy EVERYTHING they have made for me. Thank god for Nate @wagenswest hooking me up with stuff that works.

Rob, these pictures look absolutely horrible, and I’m saddened to see this. I will say I have sold hundreds of these bay window lowering kits and have never seen this. My only suggestion is that either the spring plates, horse shoe plates, and/or trailing arms have been installed incorrectly. Wish you had brought this to my attention after the install as I would have been more than happy to work with you and helped with the install process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

clemhk wrote:
I have never posted anything about someone I bought parts from but I am doing this as I think people should beware of these people
I ordered a complete lowering kit and gearbox from Vintage V-Duds and spoke to Bruce on the phone first to make sure all would be understood on what he could provide and what I wanted
Seemed Ok so I sent them deposit then around time he promised would be ready I paid balance and the dramas started
I arranged forwarder to collect from him as I am in Thailand delays started as was reluctant to answer my forwarder or me as to tax invoice after 10 days cargo moved
Upon arrival I was surprised to find a bunch of parts in no sense of order thrown into USPS envelopes no paperwork what so ever, no parts list or even a simple instructions
Many emails from me and one reply from them that would "put something together for me"
This never happened to now
I also told them that while i ordered for a RHD I was sent LHD
More problem the quality of the parts were to put it nicely very average and many old parts that should have been put in the rubbish bin not in a order that they charged me USD6800
I have so far had to order new stub axles and parts to convert to RHD
I have yet to fit the whole system yet as with no help from them its not easy
Also being old worn out parts with a coat of paint on them nothing seems to fit correctly
I hope you read this posting Bruce and more importantly I hope other people looking to restore there VW do and take my advice and steer clear of your company you are not honest and not a company that tries to help sort out your company short falls

Yes, I have personally read this and I would like to personally apologize for this past transaction. I will say this, we are an honest company and I tried everything to help this transaction go through.

Here’s my side of the story…I sent you a complete kit in 3 weeks and was able to upgrade you to powder coated parts. When we spoke on the phone, yes, you are correct…I miss understood and overlooked that you had a RHD. You have to admit though, that was an easy fix as I instructed you to flip the pitman arm and you didn’t have to worry about the brake booster bracket due to the year of your bus.

As far as our parts being old or worn out parts, please keep in mind these are refurbished original parts that cannot be magically duplicated like trailingarms/spindles/springplates etc…

To address the issues of shipping….yes we were ultimately able to work with your desired shipping company who we have never used before and we did wrap your parts in USPS bubble wrap packaging, as this is a normal practice for us as we don’t want your parts damaged. When we spoke on the phone, I was under the impression we wouldn’t need to have any paper work ready for the shipper. This was unfortunately not the case. We were able to work with them and get it resolved even though the documents they requested I have personally never seen before. Ultimately everything worked out…you got your parts and your beam came assembled as paid for.

Furthermore, I would like to also apologize that I unfortunately was unable to make another sale with you regarding the bug lowering kit you were inquiring about after you received the bus kit described above. Please understand that I have downsized my shop and downsized the amount of orders I take regarding how comfortable I feel in which I can complete.
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

jmjoseph wrote:
Do not buy anything from Vintage VDubs.

I bought the Vanagon Disk Brake kit, and the Rotors and Calipers were not usable. The custom Caliper mounting brackets were poorly machined. Worse than the fact that almost none of the parts in the kit were usable on a stock Vanagon, was the total lack of Customer Service. It took 3 months to get all of the parts in the kit, and the guys there rarely returned calls and emails. I have contacted them about a partial refund for the Rotors and Calipers that I'd like to return and of course I have gotten no reply.

I really regret buying parts from Vintage VDubs. Please learn from my expensive mistake, and do not conduct business with these guys.

JMJoseph – Sorry to hear about your negative experience with me. I try my best to stay up with all communication with all my customers and unfortunately a lot slips through the cracks. I am much busier than most people think. My only suggestion is that the custom caliper brackets were installed improperly as your specific kit has been sold and used many times before your purchase. Hope we can work out another transaction in the future as we still have not received the parts we refunded you for.
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

la_bruce wrote:
While Bruce at Vintage V-Dubs seems like a nice guy, I cannot recommend the disk brake conversion kit based on my experience. I was converting my early type 34 (Type 3 Ghia) to front disks. Using the stock early type 3 wheels is not possible with most kits since there is limited clearance. Vintage V-Dubs was one of the few companies that offered a solution.

But, it took far longer then expected to get the kit put together and shipped. Once installed, I found that the custom bracket did not center the calipers on the disk. Also the calipers, I believe, were knock-off wilwood units. These did not work at all with the largest type 3 master I could find. I eventually had a custom conversion done by Old Speed in Paramount.

First off, I still offer this solution to converting early type 34 (Type 3 Ghia) to front disc brakes and I am sorry to hear things did not work out. While speaking with you on the phone, I thought I made it clear these were off brand calipers and not my standard wildwood units that I sell in most of my other brake kits. I unfortunately have not found a solution using wilwood calipers yet. This is to be determined hopefully in the near future. If I knew you wanted wilwood calipers from the beginning of the purchase, I would have appreciated you saying something as I was sending multiple pictures during the build of your kit.
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

kangaboy wrote:
la_bruce wrote:
While Bruce at Vintage V-Dubs seems like a nice guy, I cannot recommend the disk brake conversion kit based on my experience.

Same for me. The mounting brackets look cheap and whatever jig they are using to create them is off a bit. I had to spend a while with a hand file, ovaling out the mounting holes just to get them to go on my spindles. There were no instructions, so it took me several times to figure out how the hell everything lined up. I had to use a few extra shims to keep the caliper mounting bolts from hitting the rotor, and another to space the caliper properly on the rotor. I purchased the stainless steel flex lines as well. One of them was garbage from the start, and was clogged or messed up from the factory. It would have ended up costing me more to return it and deal with the refund process, so I just ate the cost on that one. The bearings that are included are Chinese as well. I would have prolly been better off using my original FAG bearings that were on it.
In hind sight, I would have never made this purchase. I would have gone through a reputable source. I kick myself every time I think about it for not looking at the reviews for this place.
Also, all my invoices went through SlammedBullies...not Vintage V-Dubs. So do with that info as you will.

Unfortunately our mounting brackets were a little off in our past versions and they did require slight filing to make the bolts line up. I am very sorry about this and take full responsibility.

While I wish I could sell all my brake kits for the price I do and provide with all FAG bearings, this is not financially feasible.

I would have been more than happy to upgrade your bearings during the purchase, however, I remember you needed it as soon as possible and I was able to get it out mailed to you in 2 business days. FAG bearings are usually a 1-2 week lead time depending on my supplier’s backlog. However, just to be clear, I personally have never had any problems with the Chinese wheel bearings and use them in my daily driver.

Hope to have a more positive transaction with you in the future.
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Bailey's Lawn Service wrote:
If ANYONE is still considering buying from Vintage V-Dubs, I urge you to reconsider.

I started a split bus project in 2015 and purchased a narrowed beam from Vintage V-Dubs as the work was underway. I recall having several customer service issues in relation to the beam not being shipped when promised and there was also an "upgrade" that was provided (not at my request) after I received the product. The owner initially said he felt bad about the delays and offered to give me the upgrade (shortened center pin) for my trouble. Later, he tried to get additional money from me and had a different person call me to collect. It wasn't part of the original deal, so I refused. I installed the beam and work continued on the bus. I pledged to never do business with Vintage V-Dubs again. I considered it to be a learning experience and felt it was water under the bridge.

Fast forward to this past weekend. I began to put some actual miles on the bus and drove to a show about 350 miles from home. This was the first real outing for the bus on the highway. As the trip was underway, I began to notice more and more play in the steering. I actually had to pull off the highway and drive back roads at one point on the way back home. All of the components (tie rods, etc...) were new. I arrived home, climbed under the bus and noted there was a huge amount of play in the center pin.

I disassembled the center pin and found what appeared to be a thin metal lining on the interior of the pin housing, between the beam and the bushings. I pushed the bearings out of the housing and they appeared to be late bus link pin bearings. There are no grease channels inside the bushings for lubrication. The fit between the bushings and pin were sloppy and not reamed to fit. I then inspected the thin metal inside the housing, removed it and found that it was an aluminum coke can. I'm guessing it was placed there as a shim between the housing and bushings.

I have always tried to support small and up and coming businesses, but this was outrageous. One positive thing though is this experience has actually made me a better enthusiast because I will now have confidence that the work was done correctly (by me). It's just sad that we allow these types of individuals to operate within our community. My suggestion... Don't buy anything from Vintage V-Dubs (or whatever name they're using today). I'm cautious now about any businesses in the San Diego area in case they're using others as a way of avoiding the negative feedback. So sad...

This is absolutely horrible and I am truly appalled to see this. If I had known this installation was going on in my shop, this beam would have never left.

2-1/2 years ago, about the time of this purchase we used to lathe down the center pin but never did I intend my installer to use a coke can to fill the gap between the tube and an over lathed center pin. I can speculate who assembled this, and can assure you and the samba community they no longer work for me. We have since innovated our beams drastically and have permanently fixed the issues of using over sized center pins that required lathe shaving.

Brian, I am truly sorry, and I hope to move forward from this.
POWER ON
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

We too have fallen for a lost from Vintage V Dub. We bought a Vanagon rear brake set from them in the summer but never really opened the box till now. Back in June we purchased a kit and had it sent to LA to save on the shipping, we are in Hawaii and went to LA to do some VW related parts run. Also to get the kit and save on shipping through our baggage. We got the boxes and needed to be reboxed as they were all torn. For one it was in USPS flat rate boxes and could have gone straight to our house (Bruce at Vintage V Dub said he didn't think of that at the time, OK fine). Also told him as we were reboxing the kit that no instructions were included, was told it would be emailed (nothing came). Also the caliper brackets were poorly made, as if it was cut with a grinder/cutting wheel (was also told sorry for the tooling wasn't working?) Fast forward to 11/25/17 we finally got around to getting the kit ready to install but come to find out the calipers has no pads and no brackets for the parking brakes. We texted several times this week for guidance on the matter (instructions, pads, and emergency brake brackets) with no response. Here we are writing on this thread, feel bad but what can we do. Everyone needs to be aware.
Thank you
vvdparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

POWER ON wrote:
We too have fallen for a lost from Vintage V Dub. We bought a Vanagon rear brake set from them in the summer but never really opened the box till now. Back in June we purchased a kit and had it sent to LA to save on the shipping, we are in Hawaii and went to LA to do some VW related parts run. Also to get the kit and save on shipping through our baggage. We got the boxes and needed to be reboxed as they were all torn. For one it was in USPS flat rate boxes and could have gone straight to our house (Bruce at Vintage V Dub said he didn't think of that at the time, OK fine). Also told him as we were reboxing the kit that no instructions were included, was told it would be emailed (nothing came). Also the caliper brackets were poorly made, as if it was cut with a grinder/cutting wheel (was also told sorry for the tooling wasn't working?) Fast forward to 11/25/17 we finally got around to getting the kit ready to install but come to find out the calipers has no pads and no brackets for the parking brakes. We texted several times this week for guidance on the matter (instructions, pads, and emergency brake brackets) with no response. Here we are writing on this thread, feel bad but what can we do. Everyone needs to be aware.
Thank you

I personally haven't seen any messages.
Message me via 619-946-8382 (the shop phone)
Let me know everything you need and i'll make sure you get what you need.

Thank you,
The new shop manager : Brooklyn Ball

I've read quite few negative reviews.
I will try my best to correct the mistakes and negligence of former helpers/employees.

If anyone else needs assistance from previous orders, missing parts, or anything let me know so I can review your order.

You can reach me at 619-946-8382, or [email protected]
jazzyjeffp
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

vvdparts wrote:
jazzyjeffp wrote:

Jeff wasn’t it you that came to me and ordered this brake kit 2 years ago because you had problems with Nate at Wagenswest in the first place?

You’re right, the first package I sent your kit in was damaged in shipping and I apologize. However, I sent you an entire new brake kit priority mail after finding out about the damages. I’m sure as all other small businesses do, I am constantly improving my shipping packaging and strategy to insure my parts get to my customers in good shape.

Let’s fast forward two years….you still haven’t installed the kit you needed for that weekend build and you texted me September 22nd saying that the hardware may or may have not been shipped or that you possibly lost it. It’s obvious to me that you lost the hardware or else you would have brought this immediately to my attention when the second kit was sent as you did with the first kit with shipping damages. Furthermore, if they weren’t sent, you wouldn’t have offered to pay for the hardware over our text thread.

This brake kit has been sold to many other customers and has worked flawlessly….what I don’t understand is how can you say that everything doesn’t line up or bolts on wrong and that the threads don’t go all the way down to the adapter if you don’t have the hardware….? Riddle me that.

Just so EVERYONE knows, you were not ignored and I responded to your texts on my personal phone…even on my days off. I apologize if I didn’t respond in a timely manner and drop everything I’m doing like filling my customer’s orders to send hardware you misplaced from an order two years ago.

At this point I would rather do business with other customers.

Thank you.

This is a completely false statement. My original order was placed on 6/28/2016 (not two years ago, math is fun). It took me over a month just to receive shipment notification, only to then be greeted by damaged parts due to incompetence while shipping. Let's also not forget about me having to open up a dispute with my credit card company then because you would not replace the damaged items I received. Also, what your screenshot barely shows is my reply at the very bottom to you, and then contact from you went completely dead after that.

I have never had an issue with Nate other than his times being a little high during busy season because of the mass amount of people that go to him for the quality work that he turns out.

As far as what was included in the package, I am not sure. I am not a mechanic, but an enthusiast. I could see that once my mechanic was installing the brakes that there were parts missing. I ended up buying the bolts that I was missing to the exact length here locally and having my mechanic put the kit together, and nothing lines up. I offered to pay for the hardware because I had a car that was stuck without braked able to be put on it that I simply wanted fixed immediately. The quality of the kit is atrocious and completely unsafe. The cross-drilling of your rotors is so Mickey Mouse it is pathetic. I can do direct side by side comparisons to Nate's kit if you want to see what quality looks like.

The fact that you want to move on to other customers makes complete sense. You already completely screwed me over for $1064, why not move on to the next person you can rob. You sir are a complete CROOK, and a shame to have in the hobby.
ManFromNapa
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I have been a customer of Vintage V-Dubs for 3 years. Over the years I have purchased:

1. ) IRS Conversion Kit for my 64 VW bus. Having never done this before, I must have driven Bruce nuts will all the phone calls and questions. He never once seemed upset or irritated, but helped me step by step.

2. ) Narrowed Beam and tie rods for my 64 VW Bus. Parts arrived and were great. High quality, and again, Bruce was a saint fielding all of my dumb questions.

3. ) Full lowered suspension for my son's 67 VW Bug.

4. ) Disc brake conversion for a 71 Super Beetle (front and back).

5.) BRM wheels

During each purchase, Bruce was happy to provide his expert advice and guidance on what I should order. He happily answered ALL my questions during, and after the purchase.

Check out my band, Thru The Haze
http://www.thruthehazeband.com/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Twitter Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dragging so cal
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I’ve been dealing with Bruce for a few years now. He’s all over the place with work and is always busy... that’s good!! I’m the same way. He’s a good dude and always comes through with what he’ says he’ll do.
Make great products too!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
paulsvw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I just purchased a split Gas tank rom Bruce. I had asked for extra detailed pictures to show some damage and the pics were sent. I received the gas tank and it was just as described. There was great communication and there were No problems with my purchase. I’m satisfied with my purchase and transaction.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
cvtplt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

Wow, I've known Bruce for about 3 years. I didn't realize so many peeps are unhappy with him. I found him here in San Diego and was able to go to his shop to see my options on getting my 64 bus lowered and able to stop. He has been honest and super helpful. The first gearbox I purchased from him was great, except for the axle leaked. Yup, it took a month and a few gasket replacements, partly due to my schedule and partly due to his. Not once did he ever try to shy away from the problem. I have bought another gearbox, rims, beam and a few disk brake kits. All spot on. As for a bunch of these complaints, half of them sound like its in shipping stuff gets messed up. Yeah, that sucks, and maybe a better shipper would solve some of it, but unless its a trailer queen, the suspension parts are gonna get dirty and scratched a bit on installation. Sucks others have had bad experiences, but I'll recommend this guy all day.
ROSARIO.CHARLIE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

DO NOT AND I WILL REPEAT DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS FILTH. I ordered brakes from this ridiculous excuse for a company after waiting 2 months I got tired of waiting and I kindly asked to refund my money and cancel order. That’s when everything started going down hill because 6 hours later
Bruce the piece of crap owner (who isn’t man enough to call and admit his mistake) sent me some bogus tracking numbers. Fast forward to 3 weeks later when I finally get my first package from this filth, an incomplete package at that. The wrong color calipers, crappy workmanship, incomplete, no packing list IT WAS BASICALLY TRASH. I asked him where the rest of my stuff was, now answer. I’ve been speaking with a lady that has been great but can’t do anything. I was promised a refund and then Bruce changed his mines like the trash he is after he agreed to take my package and asked for a tracking number. Fast forward to now, 1.5 months later and I’m still dealing with this crap, two weeks ago he finally said that if I removed the bad reviews he would give me my money back to which I said ok, so
I removed half of the reviews and agreed to remove the rest when the partial refund was sent because I told him I would accept 1500$ back. To this day I still haven’t received anything, DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SCUM, HE IS TRULY TRASH. NOT MAN ENOUGH TO EVEN CONTACT ME, NOT MAN ENOUGH TO KEEP HIS WORD, HES TRASH. GUVE ME MY MONEY BRUCE AND STOP BEING A LIAR, I AGREED TO TAKE LESS MONEY DUDE, STOP DRAGGING THIS MAN AND KEEP YOUR WORD.
coolrydes Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Vintage V-Dubs - [email protected] - Bruce Reply with quote

I have now seen 4 separate DANGEROUS items Bruce has put out in the world for people to risk their LIVES using. No one that has half a brain or who gives a crap about human life would do this to people.

1) The first one I have here in my shop is one of Vintage V-Dubs RIPPED OFF designs. A very honorably constructed shit copy of the RED 9 design front a-arm bus suspensions. There are more then 30 issues with this pile of steel, but the one that is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS is the use of exhaust tubing as upper ball joint bosses. Yes the part of the upper A-arm that the ball joint presses into is so thin that when the ball joint is pressed into it, it clearly stretched. Meaning it would not be long if someone installed it, that it would tear the tube and the wheel would run into the fender and possibly cause a very bad accident. This front end cost the client $3k and he refused to install it. He gave it to me to see if there was anything I could do with it.

2) A client of mine was trying to save a few dollars and bought some of Vintage V-Dubs brakes. Once he finally received them, he found the rear brake pads had additional metal plates poorly tack welded to the backs of the pads. This was done to allow the use of a Wilwood parking brake caliper which was designed for a thicker rotor. This is DANGEROUS because is any of the 4 miss matched pads break free of the metal plates on the backs the pads will slip out of the caliper, leaving the rear brake calipers to fall apart and then leaving the brake none functional.

3) On one of the narrowed Bus beams he makes, he failed to assemble it correctly, by not dimpling the set screw area of the torsion bars and the arms on one side fell off just as the driver was coming to a stop. No explanation need as to why this was DANGEROUS.

4) Another client went to Bruce for a bus front end and had front and rear brakes installed at the same time. When he get the bus back, he found the custom wheels had the lug nuts sitting at an odd angle to the face of the wheel. On closer inspection he found the lug holes had been oval'd out, as had the holes in the rotors, and hubs. In fact the holes in the hubs were no longer holes, they were opened slots. Meaning only 3/4 of the original hole was there. He had taken a 5 on 112 hub and attempted to make it a 5 on 114 pattern on the same holes. When the lug nuts are removed the lug studs fall out of the rotor and hubs. On top of this the wheels do not spin true they move up and down like wheels on a clown bicycle.

If your thinking about doing business with Bruce, or buying any Vintage V-Dub parts, you should seriously think again about how much money your going to save and how much it will cost you to fix the trash he sells you, or worse how much your medical bills will cost.

Why am I posting this? Because it is the responsible thing to do, and I could not live with this type of crap on my conscience. I feel we all have the responsibility to speak up when something like this is going on. Life is too short and too precious.

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 22, 23, 24  Next
Jump to:
Page 23 of 24

Jump to: