Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

www.vdubengineering.com - flat - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: flat
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: April 16, 2024
coolrydes
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Bob

It might have been just you. Have you ever seen the sign in a business that says "they reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Maybe this means you......

We here at Mendeola have been more then happy the way that Lanner has worked with us and our customers on their brake projects. I personaly have never heard or seen him be anything less then professional...... He like a lot of shops that specailize in something, some times takes longer then estimated. This is the nature of custom stuff....

Best of luck to you Bob!

COOLRYDES So-Cal CUSTOMS
MENDEOLA SUSPENSION
THE HOME OF STYLE AND PERFORMANCE
www.CoolRydescustoms.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MR GAS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used Vdubengineering Passat brake caliper bracket kit for my Vanagon. Very nice fit and better function, thanks Lanner!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
petevdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanner's knowledge of manufacturing brake kits for our toys impresses again. I took him a set of Boxster calipers, with my early heart 5.5's and deep 6's, and asked him to make it work for my '65 bus. He made it all work together, told me which rotors to source, and it installed without issues. The welded 944 dropped spindles are by far the nicest, I've ever seen.

One of the best guys in the business. Thanks!
danielzink
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Lanner do two different brake setups for me.

The first one was about 7 years ago for my bug - he walked me through the entire process as well as doing all the machining. We even met on a dark canadian highway to exchange some brake parts - very clandestine...dangerous undercover stuff Laughing Laughing

Just this past month - after what seemed like a hundred emails - we finally got the brake system for my Notch figured out - and I placed another order.

If nothing else - this cat is patient......I don't spend my money easily - and I like a vendor to "hold my hand and reassure me everythings gonna be okay" and Lanner was more than up to the task.

I didn't rush him - no sense in that. Machinists are craftsmen - they take time - and you have to be prepared for it. A lot of this is custom work - and your life is riding on what this guy makes for you.

I have every confidence in Lanner. I have kept the original business card he gave me back in the day - and I always recommend him whenever possible.

Dan Zink

www.danielzink.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vdubzack
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great machine work. Excelent packaging, and quick turnaround. Very highly recomended. Money well spent. Will be posting pics of build on germanlook forum.
Clatter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had Lanner do a few different things for me.

He took a set of Burt's Type 3 drop spindles and modded them for 944T calipers.
This was likely the only set of these he will ever do,
but yet he did them, and quickly, for a good price.

And they came out sweet... Cool

Lately he sold me just a set of e-brake cable extension tubes.
a PITA for just a little order like that, but the man came through.

He's always been professional, communicated well, and did nice work.

What’s That Noise?!?
FG1732
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanner is one of the smartest guys on this website in engineering & design.

I once told him that if he was really that smart, he should stop dealing with cheap VW dreamers and venture into engineering his superb line of products for the American muscle car crowd where the real $$$ is.

Glad he never took my advice.

All of the following is Lanners vision...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

^ 4.5s over 986 Brembos

^ Brembos fit swing axle rear no problem. Notice the mounts. 16x7.

^ Lanner kit on upper right, junk on the left.

^ 944 E-brake kit works perfectly because of Lanners calculations.

^ Brembo mounts, front.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Now here is a challenge for you Mr. Wise Wizard. Design a system where we can install the multilink rear suspension out of a early 996 (as shown below) into a vintage VW ...

lburney
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After outfitting our 74 Super Beetle with 944 brakes, hubs and struts, we were concerned that the length of the stock VW tie rods was insufficient/and unsafe for proper toe adjustments with our now, slightly wider wheel stance.

Today, Lanner came to our rescue with a set of Super Duty tie rods that are about 60% thicker and an inch longer than stock. Moreover, they were perfectly machined, beautifully finished and reasonably priced. While tie rods are not sexy, go-fast parts, I believe it is important to recognize those sellers who consistently provide a quality product, prompt service with a helpful attitude.

Well done, Lanner.

lin/Ks
jbbugs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanner hooked me up with a front brake kit for my ChumpCar Racer. I had a deadline to meet, and was a bit of a rush, Lanner came through! It held up just fine to 14 hours at Daytona, and speeds up 120mph.
no worries buying from Him.

69 OG paint Transporter
73' Super Beetle Champcar Endurance Roadracer
Patina my ass, that's a Rust Bucket!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
conrad1468
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent seller!! I ordered and recieved my new fuel pump pin. Very fast shipping and answered all my questions. I would buy from him again in the future.
http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FreshAirVWCarClub/info
thesamba link
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=363031
Official website
http://www.freshaircarclub.com/
Look us up on Facebook, too
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jchilders388
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also bought some fuel pump pins with the circlip. Solved my issues of the old pin wiggling out of the fuel pump. Excellent service. Thanks Lanner!
Mr_Zed_ZX20
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all,

I just received my brake kit from Lanner yesterday and his work is impeccable. Lanner modified my Mendeola S2 spindles and 944 hubs to accept 2001 Porsche Boxster S brakes and sold me the e-brake swans with spacers for the rear. His customer service is top notch as I started pestering him with constant questions roughly 7 months prior to sending anything his way. He was always quick to reply with helpful responses and kept me up to date on the progress of my parts.

Unfortunately, the Canada Post was a little rough with the box and there were minor blemishes on one of the hubs and caliper bracket because of it. I contacted Lanner just to give him a heads up and he offered to repair the damages at his cost. Repair most certainly is not necessary as everything will be covered when assembled, but the offer is certainly appreciated. If I have another project needing brake work I won't hesitate to utilize his services.

T2
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great product, fast shipping. I am sure I will need more of these fuel pump parts in the future.
losinground
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just purchased a strut bar from Lanner. This thing is a work of art! Love it!
doc hopper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Lanner Reply with quote

I found out about Lanner's stainless fuel pump pivot pins on Samba after my Brosol pump went south leaving me stranded on a busy freeway in my 1970 bug. Talk about designed-to-fail! That fuel pump had a total of 4,500 miles on it when the pin worked its way out, leaving me dodging 5 lanes of traffic going 70+ mph all around me!

The day I got my pin order from Lanner I set about "rebuilding" the very pump that had failed me. One question had me perplexed: the Lanner pin is a very tight fit; it must driven into place, not lightly pushed or tapped. I had noticed that the original circlip equipped pumps had pins that were much looser. My concern was that in their infinite wisdom, perhaps the German engineers who designed the original pumps had intended that the pivot pins be allowed to rotate in place.
I thought this would keep the metal push paddle from wearing a groove in the pin as it pivoted several thousand times per minute. I sent a query to Lanner and got a prompt response that the pin was designed to be rigid in place, depending on the grease packed in the chamber to provide sufficient lubrication. My initial order was for 5 pins and I just ordered 5 more so that every fuel pump in my five vehicle "fleet" will be modernized, and I'll have 5 back up pumps ready to go once the E-10 fuel destroys the diaphragms.

Note: My VW mechanic was so impressed with the pins that he has ordered a bunch so that he can modify customers' stock pumps before they fail.
67ghiaTIV
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lanner is a great guy selling some great products. I recently bought some used parts and am very happy.

Jamie
rhowde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well keep this one going... I purchased Lanner's kit over a year ago. Due to time restraints, I was unable to do anything with it until now. Well, I just got it all put together. It went together as well as if it was OEM equipment, just higher quality.

What amazed me was mine was a two-fold conversion. First to 944 rotors and then to Boxster calipers. Everything was spot-on!

Dealing with aftermarket or custom machined parts almost always ends up with you having to alter something to make it work. Not his. The fit and finish of his products are second to none. I would recommend his offerings in a heartbeat.

Thanks Lanner!!
splitidentety
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the parts 30-6 and received them on the 8-7 at home in the Netherlands, aim impressed by the speed, the good service and the excellent quality off the parts. they fit very well. Thanks Lanner great job Very Happy
oldskool73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm am glad to hear lanner came through for all of you guys. But Unfortunately for me I am going on to 7 months with no front brake kit and up to 3 months with no response through email or private messages on here and germanlook.net. But would respond when I used a different email ( kind of sketchy). I decided to post a new thread on the buyer and feedback about all of this and he responded to my email saying:

Man, that samba post is my biggest pet peeve. What about good old telephone as a means of communication.?

If your stuff isn't done by Tuesday I'll send it back unmodified.

Lanner

Really?? after 7months my hubs are still not done. What a joke!! If i did contact him over the phone once he found out it was me he would probably ignore my calls as he did my emails/private messages. Send them back unmodified thanks
Ebeneezer
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 am    Post subject: Brake Kits Reply with quote

Just received the kit for my Porsche brake conversion on my split from Lanner. He has patiently listened to my requirements and spent weeks offering advice before I made a purchase.

He always responds to my emails, however dumb the questions and has been nothing less than superb.

I would highly recommend his services.

Thanks again Lanner.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: