Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Judson generator pulley orientation
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Judson generator pulley orientation Reply with quote

I am installing my Judson and have a question about the gennie pulley. There are two female slots on the Judson generator pulley half, but on every six volt pulley set I have the male ends are on the piece you are supposed to replace with the Judson piece. So, if I install the Judson pulley there is nothing to keep the pulley from slipping. Is there a male end inner pulley out there that I need to track down or is the outer half kept in place just with the torque from the gennie nut?
--Dan
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Judson generator pulley orientation Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
I am installing my Judson and have a question about the gennie pulley. There are two female slots on the Judson generator pulley half, but on every six volt pulley set I have the male ends are on the piece you are supposed to replace with the Judson piece. So, if I install the Judson pulley there is nothing to keep the pulley from slipping. Is there a male end inner pulley out there that I need to track down or is the outer half kept in place just with the torque from the gennie nut?
--Dan

The pulley half with the male tags is the inner half of the generator pulley with the notch in the lip to aid tensioning. The replacement Judson outer pulley half, as you have correctly identified is the one with female slots.

If you have inner halves with female slots, I have no idea where you got them. Exclamation

Here's a picture of a stock 36hp pulley from the Wolfsburg West catalogue:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Complete pulley available for $24.50. Smile
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
hugo60
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem last week while installing my judson. I had to do with out the pulley face from the kit.
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hugo60 wrote:
I had the same problem last week while installing my judson. I had to do with out the pulley face from the kit.

I must have eight sets of six volt pulleys and not one of them has the male inner Rolling Eyes Looks like WW is going to get even more of my money Sad
--Dan
John Moxon Premium Member
Samba Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braukuche wrote:
hugo60 wrote:

I must have eight sets of six volt pulleys and not one of them has the male inner Rolling Eyes Looks like WW is going to get even more of my money Sad
--Dan

It's possible they are from the pre '56 Big Nut Pulley...no tags:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: