Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Vanagon Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

do.dah wrote:
Sorry, no pics,, but, a great little emergency hack.
Vegging out watching a rerun of an older tv show called "Scorpion", about a team of geniuses who fix world problems,, or some such stuff.

Anyhoo, part of the team is in Bosnia trying to retrieve some kinda code and rescue a Programmer.

They're under fire from the bad guys and need a vehicle to escape. Part of the team runs into a barn and finds,, A VANAGON! A bright green one, with a beige interior and A/C.
Problem is, it won't start cuz the V-belt is missing. So, they get on their Sat phone and contact another genius in the USA for help. Guy tells them they need something strong, flexible and able to handle tension.
All the team has is; a multi-tool, something else and a roll of toilet paper.

Now, pay attention. The genius in the USA, tells the team, if they braid the toilet paper in a bi-lateral, hexagonal weave, that that'll strengthen the paper and should work as a V-belt.

Lo and behold, it worked and they rescued everybody and the girl!

So there ya go! Not only is TP good for cleaning yer bottom, but ya can use it as an emergency v-belt so your van can actually start and you can get the girl...

Old show. I posted about this on September 27 of 2016, as did some other folks.
veloandy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Some marketer at Keen knows the kind of junk mail that's welcome at my house.

I don't know why, but I suddenly have the urge to buy some Keen footwear Wink

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
joetiger Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

veloandy wrote:

Those are Instagram people! I can't remember their names or handle or whatever, but it stood out because the dude is from Louisiana.

'86 NAHT Vanagon GL Syncro/ supercharged ABA 2.0 "Pigpen"
'04 GTI 1.8T
'04 Golf R32

"get metaphysical with it. if it's simply a means to get to and from places, it will let you down. if it becomes your zen, it can't fail you." -dabaron

"Still, it's good to be afield."--VWagabond

Available Now! Vanagon to Louisiana--A Two-Lane Reckoning Through Past and Present

www.josephtrussell.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
the_benjamin_effect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

My wife and I are PNW transplants. We love it here and consider ourselves natives at this point.

Deschutes Brewery filmed a few videos within their geographical location and we would watch them when we were stationed away from our home base (Naval Station Whidbey Island, WA). These videos reminded us or the small patch on earth we call home. We have since returned upon my retirement from the military.

A year or two ago, I tried to view them, but they seemed to be removed from YT... and I never thought to look at Vimeo, as who does that? I searched today and they seem to be back on both YT and Vimeo, although the YT video is edited by a fraction of a second for a certain reason...???

The videos bring me much joy to watch from the PNW perspective... Love it here. Just wanted to share...

Link

Link

-2000 Subaru Impreza Sport EJ22 ¼ million miles "Trusty"

International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. I.A.M. 751
International Brotherhood of Naval Flight Engineers. I.B.N.F.E. LOCAL 8251
My other ride has 18,400 horsepower!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Abscate
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

veloandy wrote:

I have a sudden urge to take that beautiful dog home, after I hit them both over the head with a shovel

Gotta go, late to my anger management class.
RoryGirl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

I have a sudden urge to take that beautiful dog home, after I hit them both over the head with a shovel

Might as well save the van while you're at it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
MsTaboo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Abscate wrote:

Why? You got something against oral hygiene?

The information age has morphed into the age of disinformation and willful ignorance. Agnotology!
Help the fight against Truth Decay.
Defend democracy, support Ukraine.
do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

the_benjamin_effect wrote:
My wife and I are PNW transplants. We love it here and consider ourselves natives at this point.

Deschutes Brewery filmed a few videos within their geographical location and we would watch them when we were stationed away from our home base (Naval Station Whidbey Island, WA). These videos reminded us or the small patch on earth we call home. We have since returned upon my retirement from the military.

A year or two ago, I tried to view them, but they seemed to be removed from YT... and I never thought to look at Vimeo, as who does that? I searched today and they seem to be back on both YT and Vimeo, although the YT video is edited by a fraction of a second for a certain reason...???

The videos bring me much joy to watch from the PNW perspective... Love it here. Just wanted to share...

Link

Link

As an actual PNW non-native native,, I'd be remiss if I didn't refer you to the preachings of the grand oracle of the sorta defunct Seattle PI, Emmett Watson, and the fine print of your contract allowing you to live here, which states; I shall not encourage, inform, or otherwise lead on outsiders into how wonderful it is here. I shall do my very best to discourage others from visiting and/or moving here by complaining about well established facts, such as it rains here 420+ days outta the year, we suffer horribly from lack of vitamin D, due to the sun NEVER shining here, and an epic infestation of Sasquatches, how I miss home so very badly, how people are so cold and distant here,, and on and on..
Diy2k
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Narcos:Mexico Season 3 Episode 1
The part is after Victor Tapia (Juarez Sheriff) raids a house in Texas.
the_benjamin_effect
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

do.dah wrote:
As an actual PNW non-native native,, I'd be remiss if I didn't refer you to the preachings of the grand oracle of the sorta defunct Seattle PI, Emmett Watson, and the fine print of your contract allowing you to live here, which states; I shall not encourage, inform, or otherwise lead on outsiders into how wonderful it is here. I shall do my very best to discourage others from visiting and/or moving here by complaining about well established facts, such as it rains here 420+ days outta the year, we suffer horribly from lack of vitamin D, due to the sun NEVER shining here, and an epic infestation of Sasquatches, how I miss home so very badly, how people are so cold and distant here,, and on and on..

do.dah,

Please forgive me... you are correct... 100% accurate in your accusations. All the scenes in those videos were produced in an artificial Hollywood set. Places like this do not exist.

I will once again review the "fine print" in my contract and take my vitamin D supplement to ensure I never make this mistake again, as I am certain the lack of Vitamin D made me do this post.

I now encourage everybody to visit Disney instead!

Wink
-2000 Subaru Impreza Sport EJ22 ¼ million miles "Trusty"

International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers. I.A.M. 751
International Brotherhood of Naval Flight Engineers. I.B.N.F.E. LOCAL 8251
My other ride has 18,400 horsepower!
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

do.dah wrote:

do.dah,

Please forgive me... you are correct... 100% accurate in your accusations. All the scenes in those videos were produced in an artificial Hollywood set. Places like this do not exist.

I will once again review the "fine print" in my contract and take my vitamin D supplement to ensure I never make this mistake again, as I am certain the lack of Vitamin D made me do this post.

I lived out there for 18 months of very nice weather, as I was told at the time. "Don't judge it by this" kind of weather. My buddy moved back a few years later after seeing the sun for only 56 days one year.
do.dah
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

campism wrote:
do.dah wrote:

do.dah,

I lived out there for 18 months of very nice weather, as I was told at the time. "Don't judge it by this" kind of weather. My buddy moved back a few years later after seeing the sun for only 56 days one year.

You were CLEARLY having a bad trip from over use of out of date "magic mushrooms", if you thought you experienced 18(?!?!) months of "very nice weather.
Again, there is absolutely no RELIABLE data that indicates this so called "SUN" phenomenon, has occurred, EVER, in the PNW. Obviously,, the rational explanation regarding your buddy's experience,, is, he was "bad tripping" with you...
You 2, should consider some kinda 12 step program...
Along with NEVER revisiting the scene of your descent into madness...
Gnarlodious Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Okay well I grew up in Redmond which at the time was farmland but they now call it “Country Estates” but as I recall you could reliably cut you hay, rake it and bale it and get it in the barn without getting rained on, So it musta been sunny for at least 6 days straight.
campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Another "Vanagon in the background" find on advrider.com.

Love My Westy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

do.dah wrote:

Link

Link

I wonder why they pitched a tent to sleep in when they had a Westy with two beds.
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

I know a guy who has a Porsche motor in his van. Very Happy

.·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·..><((((º>

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Fish
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Anyone have an extra $380k? There's one for sale.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/this-380k-porsche-bu...n-the-wind

Fish wrote:
I know a guy who has a Porsche motor in his van. Very Happy

# 303 and #156

Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DirtDog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

joetiger wrote:

Those are Instagram people! I can't remember their names or handle or whatever, but it stood out because the dude is from Louisiana.

Hahaha Of course you'd remember that dudes from Louisiana
Twan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

The Griot's Garage website and catalog:

campism
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Vanagons seen in media: film, Internet, games, magazines, etc. Reply with quote

Jalopnik discovers the B32.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/porsche-once-made-van-heart-193000807.html

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vanagon All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Jump to:
Page 73 of 80

Jump to: