Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Anyone going?

It is tomorrow

I likely will be going

Volksfest 2016 - Presented by Harrisburg Area VW Owners Club on the grounds of the Mt. Hope Estate & Winery & Sponsored by H.A. Boyd VW of Lebanon, PA

See more at: http://www.parenfaire.com/volksfest/#sthash.rI0lKjZG.dpuf

Gates open@ 7AM for Vendors, 8AM for Show Field & Spectators (VW & VW-powered vehicles only!) Registration closes at 12PM, Awards will be give out at 2:30PM, Show Closes@3PM
$1.00 per Carload for Spectators
$5.00 per Car for Show Field, includes driver and passengers
$20.00 for each Vendor space (approx 20'x20')
Food and beverages will be available for purchase on the grounds, including beer & wine.
NO outside ALCOHOL OR GRILLS are permitted.
This is a show & shine event. Awards will be given to both air cooled and water cooled vehicles. There will also be awards for best of show overall and worst of show overall.
HAVOC is celebrating 25 years as a club in 2016 and will be present a special Silver Car award to the best appearing 1992 vehicle!
A portion of the proceeds to benefit Chasing Rainbows Therapeutic Equine Facility, Harrisburg & the Lancaster Humane League of Lancaster County.
For additional info, directions or nearby lodging please see:http://www.parenfaire.com/volksfest/index.html
For continuing updates please visit:http://www.Facebook.com/Harrisburg-Area-Volkswagen-Owners-Club or http://www.Facebook.com/HAVOCVolksFest.
Please direct any additional questions or vendor inquiries to: [email protected]

Matt
Trilobite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Will be there with the wife and grandkids.

Glenn M
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Hi Glenn,

Have a change of plans, was coerced to go on a vw cruise..

http://www.sjvwc.net/forums/index.php?topic=10766.0

next show!
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Just to let people know, some local car shows this weekend, ... this HOT weekend

Saturday July 23rd 9AM – 2 PM
http://tdcmotorclub.com/drive-out-hunger-car-show/ - "Expecting ~ 250 cars this year" $15.00 registration fee + 3 non-perishable food items

Sunday July 24, 11:00 - 3:00
2nd Annual Alzheimers Car & Bike Show ( in memory of Charlie Rice)
Texas Road House in Downingtown. $10.00 reistration fee.

Not sure if I will be going to any, but just wanted to put this info out if others had a interest.

Hope everyone is doing well, and the VW's are behaving!

Matt
jetta jimmy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Dripfest 9 Meeting this Tuesday 8/23/16 7PM - ALL ARE WELCOME - meet at Victory in Downingtown?

64 Split
73 Super
74 Baja
82 Westy
00 Jetta
95 F150
05 Element
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

This is fine with me, I will mark it down....
mr matt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Is there an update for the show due to rain this weekend?

If so, I can't find it.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Not on this thread, Matt, but I'll update here. Due to weather, a decision will be made by 10A on Friday morning. Even though showers are predicted, the field itself may be too wet to drive on. I did investigate moving the show to a parking lot and that still may be an option, but then we are limited to the number of cars that the lot can hold. Campers will still be able to camp since the grounds were reserved for the weekend anyway. My suggestion there is to come late in the day and pick a spot in the dirt lot nearest the stage, that way the vehicles are out of the grass and on relatively solid ground. You will not be able to have campfires there, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Ok.. here's the update: Upon talking with the park and the conditions of the field, yes, unfortunately, the show will be cancelled this year. There hasn't been discussion of a reschedule simply because there hasn't been much interest shown. For the campers: the group campsite is also closed, but the individual campsites along the lake and upper circuit are open. You will need to register at the park office for your site. Forms are available at the door if the office is closed. You must be there before the park closes at sunset. Sorry folks!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eciwil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

I will be opening the doors at East Coast Imports one more time for Small Business Saturday, Nov 26, 10AM 'till... ? (whenever we're done with the fun). Everything is on sale, the more you buy the bigger the discount. Snacks, beverages and a good time to be had, stop in & enjoy.
mpanossian
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Frostfest March 5th 2017 , hosted by Manny at Zack & Tony's Auto Body !
10:00 AM-3:00 PM
502 South Cedar Lane, Upper Darby, PA. 19082
484-431-9120 for more info
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Weather permitting, a cruise to the Simeone Museum in Philly last Saturday in January, the 28th. Museum opens at 10A; figure kickoff around 9:30 or so. Gathering place to be determined based on interest.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Ok, looks like it's supposed to be a nice weekend. Let's try to get a plan here - Chester County crew meet up in West Chester somewhere around 9 or so? I've got a couple buddies in the Upper Darby area that want to cruise in, so the route won't be the most direct - probably right down Rt1 to State Road and the Drexelline Shopping Center, meet up with the folks from that area, then head on downtown (down through Lansdowne.. or suggested alternates) to get there when the museum opens at 10. Tickets aren't expensive - $12, I think. Museum open 10-4.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Saturday morning meet up for the Chester County area cruisers, Wawa at the corner of 202 and Rt3 between 8:30 and 9. That should give folks time to get there and get any snacks you may want. I'll call the museum tomorrow to see if they have an in-house eatery of some sort. If not, I'll have to look for something close by.
Trilobite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

No food in the facility, but there are several restaurants and sports bars along Industrial Highway.

I think I will be going, see you at Wawa.

Glenn Malek
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Good to know Glenn. We'll have to figure out a place to eat, then.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Minor meeting place change for guys coming from Delaware county side - Marple Crossroads shopping center, not the Drexeline Center. Proximity to the Blue Route will make it easier to navigate out and to the museum. Chester County crew will still meet at the Wawa.
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Thanks to Glenn for being the only OCOD person to show other than myself and my wife Sue to take the trip to Simeone. At least two other buddies of mine came along..

Everyone else missed a fun day at the museum...
cruzan_71
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

Cool WSUP Guys!!!! been a while since i logged on samba. Im working on a 77 Camper. Kinda ruff on the outside and around windows but runs like a champ. I'll post pics soon. Im planning on coming up for Flanders show this year, hope u guys come on up n camp, im bringing the finest rum in the caribbean!
Why drink and drive, When u can Smoke and Fly!
Old City Oil Drippers VW Club - Pa
South Jersey VW Club
St Croix Twin City VW Club
Global Aircooled Society VI
(o\ l /o)
www.dubsontheboards.com
noneed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Old City Oil Drippers (OCOD) Monthly Gatherings in PA Reply with quote

cruzan_71 wrote:
Im planning on coming up for Flanders show this year, hope u guys come on up n camp, im bringing the finest rum in the caribbean!

Now it's a party Cool
It'll be good to see you back again Ramon !

Schwing wrote:
Bondo is like make-up, it fools the eye from the ugly truth
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Shows/Events/Camping/Clubs All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 155, 156, 157  Next
Jump to:
Page 156 of 157

Jump to: