Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Can you ID my new Kit Car??
Page: Previous  1, 2
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
681tonburb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car in that pic is an avenger gt12. I just wanted to show you the rear was close to the same. My car has a rear window from a 66 mustang and a corvair wind shield. I looked through the aztec manual I have but it said the rear window came with the kit and I didn’t see that it had the wind shield listed. I can e-mail you the build manual i have but its for the gold wing and flip top car.
Ill ask some of the guys on the avenger group if they have any info on the windows for you.
The panel over the engine came with the car if you have a v8 car it was just a bulk head with a window hole if it was the VW kit it had a cover with what was suppose to be back seats.
I don’t have any other good pics of my car lost them in a house fire and I have the car tore down for a rebuild now.
lorenagt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Re: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Reply with quote

Hi sheaboys
I want to contact you about your Ferrer GT,
my e-mail it´s [email protected]
I have a site about LorenaGT, the brasilian copy of Ferrer GT
http://www.lorenagt.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Randy Peurifoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: I have access to the same car as sheaboys. Reply with quote

I have never been on a forum so I don't know if I'm doing this right. I am helping a friend clear out his yard and in trying to find info on a kit car the only image that matches is sheaboys. Doors have the same opening shape. Don't know how to contact him or if it is permisable to post my phone number or email.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Last edited by Randy Peurifoy on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Letterman7
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't post your personal info. It looks like sheaboys is still active on the forum, albeit sporadically. If you click on his name the page will take you to his profile, where you can send him a private message (a PM) by clicking the link or an email if that's available. From the thread here he may not have any more information than already posted, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
fiaroadster
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Hahn SP is by far the best VW rebody I have ever seen!
lorenagt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy Peurifoy, very nice pics. Where is this Ferrer GT? Do you have pics of internal parts? Who is the owner? What you can tell about the history of this car? (www.lorenagt.com)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
Randy Peurifoy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The car is in Marble Falls, Texas I'm helping a friend clear out his storage/ savage yard. Paper work shows last registered in Oklahoma 1972, on a 1958 VW chassis, have not verified that yet. Oklahoma DMV listed it as a dune buggy? I will try to upload more pictures tonight. Appears complete except headlight covers. Lucas park and taillights. Cibie headlights?
lorenagt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy, thanks for your return. That´s very dificult find pics of a Ferrer GT. I have a site about Lorena GT (www.lorenagt.com), brasilien version of Ferrer GT produced between 1968 and 1971, and I´m always looking for informations about Lorena´s (Brasil), Ferrer´s (USA), and Piraya´s (Sweden version of Ferrer). Oh yes, I have a Lorena GT too, my third Lorena GT..... Thanks for your help, and if you have more informations please send to my e-mail. What´s the name of your friend? Which the value of this car in USA?
sccarsaver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Reply with quote

@ lorenagt, I also have a Ferrer GT. I will be getting more updated pictures of it. I got it today. Its been sitting since the '70s. Its on a '65 Beetle chassis. Originally was gold in color. I will be getting updated pictures of it come tomorrow.

lorenagt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Reply with quote

sccarsaver wrote:
@ lorenagt, I also have a Ferrer GT. I will be getting more updated pictures of it. I got it today. Its been sitting since the '70s. Its on a '65 Beetle chassis. Originally was gold in color. I will be getting updated pictures of it come tomorrow.

I send you a private message. Nice car, nice pics.
lorenagt
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Reply with quote

lorenagt wrote:
sccarsaver wrote:

I send you a private message. Nice car, nice pics.

You are invited to join the "Lorena GT" group on facebook.
sccarsaver
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Can you ID my new Kit Car?? Reply with quote

@lorenagt, Here are some updated pictures of my '65 Ferrer GT. I cleaned it up with the pressure washer..

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: