Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Crankcase cleaning and camshaft bores
Forum Index -> Vintage Speed Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sunroof53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Crankcase cleaning and camshaft bores Reply with quote

Hello,I am Building another engine for my 53 as my case had corrosion at the sump plate.I have found a 58 case with some external corrosion but the inside is good .If i have the case vapour blasted (water and fine medium) will it affect the coating on the camshaft bores as they appear to have a coating on them which i am not sure if it is special as they run in the case.

Thanks
azaircooled
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would only clean the outside
Sunroof53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: cleaning Reply with quote

Thanks for reply .i have now removed the oil galleie plugs and despite a thorough clean with solvents before ,i am amazed at the build up still in there.
I am going to fit an external filter.I am not convinced that those period fram filters are much good as the oil lines look way too small.I have noticed though that they are mostly fitted on the return side from the oil switch and back into the case where maybe there is not so much problem.
I intend to take the feed from the pump cover and back in so would need the original 9mm lines to and from the case.I have got an aftermarket spin on filter adaptor and was going to fit it under the back wing.

Will the standard pump be able to cope with pushing the oil through a modern filter ?

Thanks
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Vintage Speed All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: