Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Type 3 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
axeman569
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I have been stockpiling parts for a couple months now. Today was the day I took all of them to be made into a motor. Building a 1915 with Dual 40 Dells. Mahle 94 P and C's. Can't wait to get it back. Still going to take a while to drive it but that's half the fun.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TROY WALTERS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Well i just pushed my new to me 1967 squareback home. my neighbor had it in his back yard for years. paid 400.00 with no motor and boat load of part will start build thread soon
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
wanda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I gave Wanda her new license plates and took her for a nice ride after a very long time Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rick Christensen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Interesting fog lights. Never seen before. Actually a good match to your late model car. Looks great.
'65 Vespa VBB
'48 Aeronca Sedan 4 passenger airplane
wanda
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Rick Christensen wrote:
Interesting fog lights. Never seen before. Actually a good match to your late model car. Looks great.

Thank you. The fog lights are "Bosch"-units. I found them at a swapmeet some years ago.
TROY WALTERS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Local type 3 guy gave me a truck load of squareback part. A rust free pan / door lot of engine tin a 1600 motor like I said a truck load.
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Replaced a broken shift rod bushing. Kinda a PITA on a Type 3, but I'd done it before years ago so I knew the greasy drill. Went well, and the shifting feels tighter now. Hopefully this will solve my occasional major grinding when trying to find second. More road testing tomorrow.

EDIT: Shifts great now. No slop in the lever while in gear, and now both up and downshifts are positive.

Before, it had enough slop I think it was trying to engage another gear (reverse or 4th) when I was trying to hit 2nd. The grinding hasn't shown its face in two days of driving!

Aaaaaarrrrrgggggg!! The slop and grind is back! Looks like I'll be R&R'ing that bushing again. Not sure if the new one broke, slipped off the bracket, or what. Messy job! Not what I had in mind for my holiday weekend!

Last edited by KTPhil on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Type3Noob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

YYesterday, I flushed out fuel lines on my green 73 square and fired her up hoping to attend NYC air cooled show next weekend. Went inside to register for the show only to discover that the show was yesterday. Shocked Shocked
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Moved the type 34 to the backyard as a nosy neighbor complained to the city, that there was an eyesore in the community and it was called a non running Ghia.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
squaretobehip
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Moved the type 34 to the backyard as a nosy neighbor complained to the city, that there was an eyesore in the community and it was called a non running Ghia.

Dicks.

Follow ISP West on:

Facebook - www.facebook.com/ispwest
Instagram - @ispwest - www.instagram.com/ispwest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
KTPhil Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Gas tank was leaking at large fill hose, especially after gassing up and on left turns. Turned out to be the thin "rubber band" seal between the tank inlet and the fat filler hose. It had torn and was leaking. That part of the filler is actually immersed if the tank is very full, so it has to seal really well, probably why VW added those bands.

I was able to replace it, normally a PITA because the filler hose is so inflexible, and it tends to drag the band out of position or even fold it over when installed.

After sliding the band on the tank inlet dry, I used a very light smear of "spa lube" on the outer surface. Not what you think! It's for lubing pool equipment O-rings and such. Doesn't thin out like vaseline when hot. Anyway, it let the filler hose slide on easy and still seal.

Just filled up. No leaks, no fumes!
superalex
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

what is the better thing that you can do for your type 3?

it's to buy it

just did that yesterday

... my second fasty
Air-Cooled Head
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Finished installing my ragtop yesterday. 😆

Still lots of other work to do.😩
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
olliek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Painted my Fuchs 2.0 with Porsche correct Würth satin black.
Before:

Afrer:

Knoxxy.
StephenDerek
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

FINALLY got Farny started..............had to drain all the gas and replace it with fresh and he fired right up

glutenfree
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

StephenDerek wrote:
FINALLY got Farny started..............had to drain all the gas and replace it with fresh and he fired right up

Nice fasty. Cool project name btw

I am refurbishing my generator today. Just have reassembly left and I am done.

Cheers!
my Shapeways store
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ataraxia
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

olliek wrote:
Painted my Fuchs 2.0 with Porsche correct Würth satin black.
Before:

Afrer:

Knoxxy.

These wheels look SO much better when they're all one color!
LandalftheGray
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

New Hella style reverse light/third brake light, new brake pressure sensors, new wiring for the horn, new refurbished stock front beam, new shocks all around, and lowered/leveled front and rear.. it's been a super productive weekend

Last edited by LandalftheGray on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Twitter Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Burnz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I have been working on the restoration of my 1966 type 3 and decided to remove the body from the chassis. The passenger side pan is completely shot and driver side is on its way. Pretty cool experience lifting the body several feet in the air. Take a look!

ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Ordered my new wiring harness and got my motor built for my '63 type 34.

Two things off the list

Cheers!

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 199, 200, 201 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Page 200 of 224

Jump to: