Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

What did you do for your Type 3 today?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stevo Wide 5
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Installed a fresh rebuild starter today!!!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Check out my Aircooled blog @ http://stevo.skyblogs.be
Wide 5 Vintage Volkswagen Club
http://www.wide5.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
664PHNX
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Picked it up on Tuesday and figured I’d let the wife drive it before it is slammed on the floor. Took it around the neighborhood with our 11 month year old and filled the back up with groceries before we headed home. This is my first Squareback and really excited to make it my own.

Dr Hilke
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Polished the paint, thinking about spraying clear on top and leaving it like these. We call it Purple Danger.

1973 Volkswagen Type 3 Fastback Automatic
2002 Volkswagen Jetta Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ALLWAGONS
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Today I installed a a correct date/restored fuel pump given to me by my compadre Pedro Sainz. Car now starts at first crank, the old NOS pump stopped working. Will look into a rebuild.

I recycle old cars and parts, other than when I rot, that's as Green as I am going to get.

Thanks to my Tesla driving neighbors, I feel more relaxed driving my SUBURBAN and old VW's.

NON INFLUENCER APPROVED
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
reay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

ALLWAGONS wrote:
Today I installed a a correct date/restored fuel pump given to me by my compadre Pedro Sainz. Car now starts at first crank, the old NOS pump stopped working. Will look into a rebuild.

Pedro, as known as the Fuel system whisper Very Happy

Da weiss man, was man hat!

68 Karmann Ghia Sunroof / auto T345
66 Standard Microbus T221
66 1200a Standard 115 with factory ragtop
kooldub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

picked up this 1966 fastback. been in storage for 30yrs! complete. motor is in pieces in the back but did come with a "good" motor and some spare parts. rust isn't bad, small spot under the battery and lower part of front fenders.

Cool

kris
70 Squareback
73 Thing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Randall
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

^^^^^^
Since it looks that bad after 30 years in storage, it must have been rode hard and put away wet its first 22 years. Razz
notchback
Insensitive Jerk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Looks like a parts car to me.

FU#3
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Randall wrote:
^^^^^^
Since it looks that bad after 30 years in storage, it must have been rode hard and put away wet its first 22 years. Razz

Agreed, it looks pretty rusty to me.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
"Friends are God's way of apologizing for relatives."
Tram wrote:
People keep confusing "restored" and "restroyed".
Sqrbckguy38
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I cleaned up and started putting my parts in line for my daughter's fastback. Though I don't have a picture of it, I found a part that I need help in identifying. It's under the dash, and windshield. It's like it's made of plastic I'm guessing, but sitting in the sun for so many years has deteriorated it's condition. Any idea on finding a suitable replacement?
67 Beetle, Opal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Got my new red Hella brake light lens installed on my 3rd brake light. Picked it up at the Northwest Bug Run.

two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Sqrbckguy38 wrote:
I cleaned up and started putting my parts in line for my daughter's fastback. Though I don't have a picture of it, I found a part that I need help in identifying. It's under the dash, and windshield. It's like it's made of plastic I'm guessing, but sitting in the sun for so many years has deteriorated it's condition. Any idea on finding a suitable replacement?

Probably the fresh air box.
64 T-34 Ghia...aka Wolfie, under construction... http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
Bobnotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

I mowed the grass around it. Laughing
Tram wrote:
Tram wrote:
KingTitus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Purchased a 69 Fastback, it's rough around the edges, but it runs and drives. First time VW owner, long time "car guy"... I'm excited for the project and look fwd to posting pics of the transition.

Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Nice! welcome to theSamba, best place for type3 knowledge
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Prepping the engine for removal, as I have never removed a type 3 engine our of a 72 squareback. Have done plenty of type one engines. PM me any and all suggestions, shortcuts and utoh's.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Prepping the engine for removal, as I have never removed a type 3 engine our of a 72 squareback. Have done plenty of type one engines. PM me any and all suggestions, shortcuts and utoh's.

my advice is remove the engine and trans together, it's supposed to be done that way. You dont have frame horns like a beetle
gt1953
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Engine is out without the transmission. After removal first check was the end play...well within spec. The engine will get a good cleaning, pistons, cylinder, rebuilt heads. Originally it was fuel injected the convers to weber progressive center mount arrangement. Will have dual carbs on it when done. The pancake engine is all new to me.

72 type 1
72 Squareback
({59 Euro bug, 62, 63, 67, 68, 69, 73 type ones 68 & 69 type two, 68 Ghia all sold})
OhHerrooo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

Stevo Wide 5 wrote:
Installed a fresh rebuild starter today!!!

I need to do this! Install is easy, right?
'68 Squareback

OCT3 - Orange County Type 3's
www.evenkeelsurfshapes.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Erik G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: What did you do for your Type 3 today? Reply with quote

gt1953 wrote:
Engine is out without the transmission. After removal first check was the end play...well within spec. The engine will get a good cleaning, pistons, cylinder, rebuilt heads. Originally it was fuel injected the convers to weber progressive center mount arrangement. Will have dual carbs on it when done. The pancake engine is all new to me.

I hope you have the trans well supported, It's tough to find that front trans mount (well it used to be)
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 208, 209, 210 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Jump to:
Page 209 of 224

Jump to: