Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

3-point and rear seat belts
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Insaniac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: 3-point and rear seat belts Reply with quote

Hello again,

I recieved 3 point seat belts, and belts for the rear today, and I'm just wondering a few things.

For the 3 point seat belts, where is the hole at on the b pillar? I've searched, but I usually only find pictures of the earlier years mounting point. Mines is a 1965, and I was wondering if anyone can show me a picture of where there seat belts are mounted. There's padded liner along the sides, and I don't want to be poking holes and destroying it.

With the rear seat belts, I found all the mounting points, but I have a question about these bolts:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Do they connect to anything underneath the car? Are they held on by some nuts? I crawled underneath the car to look, but I couldn't see anything. They sure don't want to budge tho.
johnanddes
Satellite Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162246&highlight=seat+belt

Here you go, previously covered

1969 documented numbers matching bug
1968 F250

Keepin the ISS from colliding with space junk
fluxcap
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point and rear seat belts Reply with quote

Insaniac wrote:
Hello again,
For the 3 point seat belts, where is the hole at on the b pillar? I've searched, but I usually only find pictures of the earlier years mounting point. Mines is a 1965, and I was wondering if anyone can show me a picture of where there seat belts are mounted.

Here's a pic from an owners manual (i think it's from a manaul)

And here is another pic from the gallery. The circle and arrow is for the rear shoulder mount, but look next to the assist strap, and you'll see the plastic plug where the front shoulder mount is.

"It's like, how much more black could this be, and the answer is none.......none more black."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Insaniac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the picture in the manual, is the arrow pointing towards the back corner referring to the bolt that holds the back rest up?
Kafer66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a 66 and after drilling new holes for the seat belts i found the mounts for the outer back belts under the interior rear quarter panels. they have the same plastic srew plug thingamijiggers that the center mounts have. the 3rd mounting point for the front is right about the middle of the edge of the window. when i figure out how to post pics i will.[/img]
stevenestel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 3-point and rear seat belts Reply with quote

I was installing new shoulder belts on my 67 and couldn’t find the b pillar mount. After visiting my local air cooled shop I made a few measurements and found them. Here are some photos showing the location as measured from the inside upper corner of the door opening. The mount is a little over 7 inches down and toward the back edge of the b pillar.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: