Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
drpete
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

Evening drive, then enjoying some late day sun...
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Pete Keesling
Driving a VW every day.....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stealthy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

drpete wrote:
Evening drive, then enjoying some late day sun...

Great minds think alike. I did the same yesterday. Beautiful weather here down under.

Australian CKD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

265’n it at GoodGuys show, parked with my boy Jordan’s C10

1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
cdennisg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

Damn! Any place we can see more pics of that Chevy?
Skim
Rants Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

cdennisg wrote:
Damn! Any place we can see more pics of that Chevy?

@Jordan_ray_13 on Instagram
1954 Sunroof
1959 Lowlight Ghia vert
1960 Lt Grey Double Cab SMZ LEGIT
1963 Deluxe Turkis Walk Thru 15 Window OG Paint
BarryL Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

Stealthy wrote:

Dang me...if it wasn't so far apart it would be so trippy to see yours and BulliBill's side by side.

From ^^^ BulliBill's gallery.
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

BarryL wrote:
Stealthy wrote:

Dang me...if it wasn't so far apart it would be so trippy to see yours and BulliBill's side by side.

Damn! BarryL, I just saw this and was thinking the very same thing! Other than mine being a '59 with short panel on the side gates and the LHD vs. RHD thing, they look amazingly alike! When I get to OZ, I want a ride in that RHD DC! And we gotta find him some Dove Gray hubcaps! Gorgeous DC "Stealthy"!!! Do you have a build thread? Mine's here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545000&highlight=bullibill

Bill
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Stealthy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

BulliBill wrote:
BarryL wrote:
Stealthy wrote:

Damn! BarryL, I just saw this and was thinking the very same thing! Other than mine being a '59 with short panel on the side gates and the LHD vs. RHD thing, they look amazingly alike! When I get to OZ, I want a ride in that RHD DC! And we gotta find him some Dove Gray hubcaps! Gorgeous DC "Stealthy"!!! Do you have a build thread? Mine's here: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545000&highlight=bullibill

Bill

Thanks Bill and Barry, if any of you two fine gentleman find yourself in Melbourne, Australia to must look me up. I'll throw you the DC's keys and you can go for it Cool
I started a build thread but haven't updated it but you can see the results now, New interior except roof panels (original), original rear seat, front (Hump) seat recovered (by previous owner). Everything else is original, mats, running gear, dash, everything... even the interior is in original "Gulf Blue" paint from the factory.
Build thread if your interested. https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=707499&highlight=

Glad you like the DC, the hubcaps will be repainted in the proper colour, my guy didn't get the it right even with the Dove Grey codes I gave him Rolling Eyes

Cheers Guys

Australian CKD
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

When (if ever) did double cab vent wing latches change from black to chrome? I think they were always bus-specific, but I remember reading that the vent window latches in double cabs (and other commercial vehicles) were black.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

I think all commercials were always black?
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

EverettB wrote:
I think all commercials were always black?

Well that's a relief. My DC didn't come with window frames, and trying to source black vent wing latches has been fun. So all that money I just dropped on a correct pair of them didn't go to waste. haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mr white
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

How about a seamed gate roll call! Let’s figure out how many are out there and when that brief period ended. Mine are 10/58, and 9/59.
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

mr white wrote:
How about a seamed gate roll call! Let’s figure out how many are out there and when that brief period ended. Mine are 10/58, and 9/59.

My understanding is Feb 1960 was the last month for seamed gates. In march 1960 they had normal gates.

Mine is October 1959.

mdubg
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

ronjonlasvegas wrote:
mr white wrote:

My understanding is Feb 1960 was the last month for seamed gates. In march 1960 they had normal gates.

Mine is October 1959.

Yep, mine was Feb 24 build with non-original non-seamed gates, so I was trying to find out the final build date before I restored my DC. We never narrowed it down further than early Feb=Seamed and early March=non-seamed. I'm right in between, so I went with seamed gates from Gerson, which are very nice. When I get around to it, those non-seamed VW manufactured gates I took off my DC will make it to the classifieds.

Current: '60 Double Cab
Previous: '65 Double Cab (stolen)
eddybouwens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

I'm restoring a januari 1960 double cab and the are a few "holes" i can't indentify. Does anyone ever seen these? 3 extra at the driverside, 2 at the passengerside and 1 on the left and right in the passenger cabin.

thanks!

Eddy
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

I don't believe any of those are stock

Except for the sun visor mounting holes, of course
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

As a data point, my original "seamed gates" on my '59 DC were on the Transporter when produced on April 30th, 1959.

Happy New Year to you all!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
eddybouwens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

Everett thanks!
eddybouwens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

jan 1960 seamed gates
Braukuche
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: The Double Cab / Crew Cab thread Reply with quote

I wonder if the switch to non seamed coincided with the switch from screw terminals to push on in mid 60. My truck is a June 1960 and that's what it has,

Retirement is here!
1956 Ghia
1959 SO-23 Westfalia
1960 double cab
1960 Baja Bug
1963 stretched double cab
1962 Golde sunroof Ghia
1963 356 B coupe
1963 Notchback
1967 21 window less rusty now
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
Jump to:
Page 30 of 34

Jump to: