Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

i hate stealers
Page: 1, 2  Next
Forum Index -> Type 3 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: i hate stealers Reply with quote

So today i drove my notch to school. and after school i come to find that the driver window was half way down so i investigate further. i look in the dash and do not see my deck. some ass whole stole my deck during school. i am pissed it wasent super expensive but they still got into the car and stole it. thankfully there was no damage to the car.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Agent_Smith
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i had the same thing happen to me last year, but they broke my freakin window. they got my deck my sub and and they fried my amp. lol
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sucks man
and i cant do anything about it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pierre G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having things stolen always sucks. Maybe you should try to replace with one that has removable face, harder to reuse after stealing it...
1976 181/Thing, 1967 fastback, 1973 squareback, 1964 microbus, 1967 Double Cab, 1969 westfalia (currently under resto), 1972 LM1C dune buggy, 1974 jean's bug, 1974 1303 (super beetle, currently under reassembly after new paint).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dillon schuh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea
Adriel Rowley
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre G wrote:
Having things stolen always sucks. Maybe you should try to replace with one that has removable face, harder to reuse after stealing it...

An associate had the body stolen, with cut wires and the radio face! Shocked

Sorry to hear that! At least you are alive, and there is no further damage.

Dad's 1964 Beetle purchased September 1968.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9252810#9252810

1971 Sunroof Squareback with Fuel Injection
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=219811&highlight=squareback+rejuvenation
FASTBACKDON
The other insensitive jerk like Neil

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: i hate stealers Reply with quote

dillon schuh wrote:
So today i drove my notch to school. and after school i come to find that the driver window was half way down so i investigate further. i look in the dash and do not see my deck. some ass whole stole my deck during school. i am pissed it wasent super expensive but they still got into the car and stole it. thankfully there was no damage to the car.

1ST how did they get the window half way down with no damage?
2nd I hate people that steal I hope you find out who did it. If it was me and I found out well I cant post what I would do but they would never do that again payback is a BITCH!!!!
Sorry to see you had to go through this I have been through it like most and it sucks.

Buy my best friends stuff
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=56TIMOTEO

(21:10:42) Jennepher: Russell is our proudest achievment. I feel like Samba created him from a little nugget of crap into a full blown adult.
DONGKG
The Araneta Boys

Location: Cainta, Rizal, Philippines, "A Certified Type 3 and Karmann Ghia Maniac"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks! About two weeks ago, While I was at the Supreme Court, I parked my Pajero (J.J. aka Japanese Junk) and upon returning to the car, I noticed that the door's key hole was damaged. Thinking that some street boys just inserted something, I did not mind it!

The following morning, when I left home, I looked for my Compaq laptop! Alas, I was stolen!! Damn! It was stolen the night before!

That was really hard to accept! Ten years of work practice of law had gone down to the drain! I did not have a back up of the files. The law book I was making was there. I failed to have a back up!
'67 Splitty Bus
'65 beetle;'69 Country Buggy; '44 Kubelwagen (replica) TOOB MEMBER #20
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Pierre G
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dong, you're crazy ?? A laptop in a car ?? A car stereo belongs to a car, but the laptop ? Take it with you. I never went to your country, but I wouldn't leave my laptop in my car in any country...especially with a lot of work in it. I'm like you, I rarely make my recovery DVDs like the computer asks for...But I always have an eye on my laptop : everything's in there, it's too precious. Sorry for your loss, especially for the law book you were making...

Pierre
1976 181/Thing, 1967 fastback, 1973 squareback, 1964 microbus, 1967 Double Cab, 1969 westfalia (currently under resto), 1972 LM1C dune buggy, 1974 jean's bug, 1974 1303 (super beetle, currently under reassembly after new paint).
fasty69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i installed my deck in my glove box and had my speakers hidden, no one even knew it was there, i also left the stock one in its place, no one is going to bother with that, it also worked out good for car shows Laughing

-Lance
Aaron M265
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my 911 broken into last year- smashed a side window ($700 genuine replacement), bent the window frame ($2500 brand new replacement) and they stole a worklap top sitting under the front seat once they got in (you couldn't see it from outside).

My sisters 1500 bug after a nice resto and fresh paint managed to have some low life decide he would try to remove the dash mounted CD player. I put it in very well and he gave up after bending the dash, smashing the CD player and generaly screwing that low mileage car up.

And some clown broke into a Holden I used to own. I heard it (I sleep very lightly), so I crept up on him, naked, with my baseball bat and its a good thing he either saw the bat in my hand or the bat between my legs because he bolted quick smart and I was about to give him a good belting!!

My recommendation- hide everything if possible. I have restored the 911 now and mounted the CD player elsewhere. I have a nice hole in the dash where the radio should be just to show would be thieves that it aint there. Of course if they want your stuff, they wont hesitate to break in anyway so not much you can do.

http://1500notchback.blogspot.com/

Need to contact me? Email is faster than a PM - [email protected]

For T3 Panel Van information:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=389465
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also a suggestion. Not poking at anyone. I have lived in Nothing but major cities for roughly two decades. Atlanta, Dallas, Philly, DC.

If you leave anything in your car visible...worth more than $5 in pawn sho money....you deserve to get broken into. Sorry. Thats just reality.

It sucks we have so many thieves. Its not right. But its life right now. DO NOT LEAVE THINGS IN YOUR CAR!

I frequent pawn shops. I look for specific camera equipment and measuring instruments....no to mention the odd tool or VW part Very Happy

If you did not know this...you do now. In my travels to these pawn shops I got to see some business as usual. The vast majority of people in during working hours are people selling individual CD (not pawning...selling) CD playesr, I-pods, radar detectors etc. They sell them outright for greatly reduced $. That means no paperwork required because there is no chance to redeem and buy it back. They want cash.

These are CD's with music choices that have no reference to a man that obviosulty lives under a bridge. They get about $2.50 per CD. They get about $15-10 per I-pod....no questions asked. A digital camera...$20 no questions asked. No paperwork.
This is food money, gas money,money to get into teh shelter, bus money...crack money...whatever.

You got an onvious $5 in "silver" change showing in your ashtray? Your windows are toast and your change is gone in any major city. You should have known better and now you do.

You have a visor rack with 12 CD's in it? What are you stupid? Every street urchin in town now knows you have that in there when you flip it down on the way home. Got a CD hanging from your mirror? Thast stupid too. We all know you have a CD player in there....probably aftermarket. Any aftermarket CD player will bring about $15-20 at a pawn shop...with no paperwork. Direct sale.

If you have an old VW saphire or becker or Blaupunkt...am/fm...no cassette and no CD....no one ever screws with those.
If you have an aftermarket CD player and it does not have a removeable faceplate...what the hell were you thinking?
If you have an aftermarket CD player WITH a removeable faceplate....and you left it in the car....thats just plain stupid....sorry. It is.

Even with an aftermarket stereo with removeable faceplate...if its a very notable high value model, I can buy replacement faceplates on-line at several locations...for a cost....and thats if I want the stereo for myself. You still won't get over about $100 at a pawn shop for a car stereo.

Quit leaving stuff in your car where people can see it. Sorry it happened.
It happened to me a long time ago. I deserved it....and I learned what I'm telling you. Ray
Project SB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Ray!

your post made my blood boiled and it's so freaking true! I've gotten my old car (95' Integra) broken into three times and then I had the WHOLE car stolen off my driveway at 6:30 in the morning!!! and i dont live in the ghetto's. I live in Huntington Beach which is suppose to be decent if not better than decent!

I was reading through the neighborhood watch postings the other day for my city and in the past 30 days alone, 20+ cars were broken into and had either their IPOD stolen or their GPS stolen and nothing else. So what you're saying is so true!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to let Jack take my square to Lane Community College! It's got a Pioneer AM/FM/CD in the stock mount. I told him to lock it, but I should tell him to leave it unlocked? He said their was an abandoned stolen car slammed into a parked car the other day! Lots of Tokers in the Parking Lot. Shocked
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
localboy
Samba Longboarder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you mean "thieves" and yes, I hate them too.

"Steelers" are an NFL team and won the Super Bowl.

Black '65 Resto-Custom S Notch 2110 cc powered
original paint Pearl White '66 Westy SO-42
Allstate single-wheel trailer project
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
raygreenwood
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until last april, I drove as my daily driver...a 90 model cabriolet....since mayb3 2001. I religiously left nothing in the car. It had a kenwood mid-90's model am/fm cassete with removable faceplate. I used to lock it.
One night I left a $10 small mag-light laying in the back seat. They slashed the roof and stole it. They also stole the kenwood...with no face and thrashed the dash, went through all three ashtrays.

Their take was probably about $2 in change and maybe $2 for the flashlight. I put a new top on and a blaupunkt in with removable face...and never left anything of any value in the car again. Never locked it again either. In the five years since..even working in some of the worst industrial areas...no one ever messed ....with it again.

As one person mentioned, they stole an unvisible lap top. What you have to realize is that once they decide to break into your car for what they can "see"....the risk is over. Its no greater risk time or jail wise to see what their grubby hands can find under your seats or in the glove box.

Don't give them a reason to break in. Also...the 2nd and only other time I have been broken into..I forgot about this....was two years later in that same cabriolet. They didn't break anything or touch anything. I got complacent...and started leaving my small tool bag of ready items I kept while I was driving around local......in my trunk...locked. I was figuring that if they can't see it....they will not dig for it.
Someone who knew cabriolets well....knew that you can lift the back lid behind the seats and get into the locked trunk. They took my toolbag and nothing else.

Don't leave tools in the trunk of your car....if you have an operating trunk latch in your glove box. Knowledgable theaves will someday liberate you. I have a special bag I gought...just for the light stuff I carry for emergency around town.
On long trips...I bring the whole kit. It goes into the hotel room with me at night with my luggage and briefcase.

Its sad...but being a repeat victim will not fix it....so its reality. Its part of daily life. Don't leave things in the car. Ray
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I regularly park my car unlocked. I dont keep anything in my car anymore. It is more of a pain in the ass to replace a window than anything they could steal out of the car. I am more worried about someone stealing parts and accy's or the whole car. For the whole car they would have to figure out the fuel shut off valve though..... Wink

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Godsbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmynotch wrote:
I regularly park my car unlocked. I dont keep anything in my car anymore. It is more of a pain in the ass to replace a window than anything they could steal out of the car. I am more worried about someone stealing parts and accy's or the whole car. For the whole car they would have to figure out the fuel shut off valve though..... Wink

Plus, you hunt your stuff down and get it back once it's been stolen. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
jimmynotch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Godsbug wrote:
jimmynotch wrote:

Plus, you hunt your stuff down and get it back once it's been stolen. Twisted Evil

Someone stole my go-cart about two weeks ago from our front porch at 11:30 in the morning. I have about three freinds that are helping me scan CL and other places to recover it. Twisted Evil

my wonderful loving supportive wife wrote:
You guys are dorks.

1965 1500-S Notchback --"Maggy"
1971 Type 2 Double Cab --"George"
TOOB member #2
6d8fasty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i hate theives also, they stole all of my cds outta my dads eurovan and they tried to take the deck also, but luckly enough i had the deck screwed into the back so it was imposible to take out with out taking out part of the dash apart. in my fastback, i'm gonna use the old radio outta the euro van and just use that. and for my music, just go oldschool and make mixtapes lol. nobody will ever steal that. and then amp and sub will go into the front trunk maybe, and nobody knows anything about cars at my school (except for putting on stickers and swapping out bumpers for those ugly body kits) so they wont know how to get in there, its all about out smarting the stupid and not having anything worth stealing to steal.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Type 3 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: