Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

SKP59Kombi - [email protected]
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: SKP59Kombi
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 28, 2024
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 pm    Post subject: SKP59Kombi - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a radio bracket and was quoted $14 to ship. When it arrived it had only cost the seller $4.95 to ship USPS. I asked about the difference and this is what I got-

Sent :: Message
To: SKP59Kombi (Offline)
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:15 pm
Subject: radio bracket
I got the bracket today, thanks. I'm a little bummed that you charged me $14 to ship when shipping was only $4.95. Maybe you could refund me the difference? Sean

SKP59Kombi wrote:
Shocked is what it is? thx,for buying.ltr,skip

Needless to say I'm not buying anything from him in the future and I suggest you Skip over his ads too.

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jgowin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received some sunroof parts that I ordered from today, overall the parts are in very good condition and were fairly priced, very well packaged, as shipping costs I thought they were within reason. He shipped the parts to me in a packing tube and it still had the price on it, if I combine the cost of the freight and the packaging I thought it was fair. I would buy from skip again.
Eric_S
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a T3 "S" badge. Ad said all it needed was paint removed. Half of 1 mounting pin was missing and was all bent up. Cost was low but still not worth it. I'd never sell a piece of cr@p like that. I sent him an e-mail and got no reply. In all fairness, the e-mail I sent had no real request. I decided to just eat the cost. IMHO: Buyer beware. Ask LOTS of questions ang get additional pics.

What are all these extra parts?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
volksman4u
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought three items from Skip. They arrived a little after two weeks. They were as described. The shipping charge I paid was four dollars less than he actually paid. I am happy with my purchase and would buy again from him. (maybe I should send Crofty the four dollars?) Wink
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksman4u wrote:
I bought three items from Skip. They arrived a little after two weeks. They were as described. The shipping charge I paid was four dollars less than he actually paid. I am happy with my purchase and would buy again from him. (maybe I should send Crofty the four dollars?) Wink

I dare you. Wink

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
ricekooker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a shirt off of Skip. It arrived fast and is in nice shape. Shipping costs were right on.
scarab 57
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: bate and switch Reply with quote

buying wiper motor and arms quoted $35 paypal shipped,pair of arms
w ball ends $26 shipped made paypal payment $61. he replyed $63 with paypal fees I canceled payment to this crook. AVOID THIS SELLER!!!!
Dave24
Samba Hack Purist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$2 ?... I mean yeah, he should stick to the quote, but $2 ? Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
obus Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i backed out of buying a pedal pan that was first listed at 29 then it was 36 when he emailed me back. Then it went to 33, then 31 and now as of 8:08pm it is 30dollars. I asked him if people were bidding on it after he replied that it was 36 and not 29. He said that others were waiting???? So i said well if it is 36 plus shipping i'll take it. Then i decided to check his feedback and saw it was a little shady. I then emailed him back to tell him i'd pass and good luck with the sale and his response was " i expected it" ?????? Dude, a) if you want to have people bid, put it on eBay or put HIGHEST offer. b) the only thing you can expect from me is for me to not ever buy anything from you.

said item:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1031604
1960 Paprika Red Karmann Ghia Convertible aka Schatze L452 built 5/20/60
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=...highlight=
66 21 window bus built 8/31/65 https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=777273
View user's profile Send private message Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bugguy1967
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purchased a floor dimmer switch from skp59kombi. He sent it in what appeared to be a reused padded envelope. The envelope arrived broken open and re-taped up by the post office most likely. The part must have fallen out during shipping because it wasn't in the package. I emailed him back stating that he should have made a bit more effort to package it more carefully. He never replied. I guess it was my mistake for not looking at his feedback before I contacted him.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ezcamper
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bought a few things from skip over the years.... never had a problem. I reuse packaging too whenever possible......
I make HWE style roof racks, Jim-Dandy racks, SO-33 metal parts, Dormobile racks, HWE style ladders, engine crank start handles, Westy rack tags, Binz tags, Sundial badges, State of California tags, steering lock electrical covers and single / double cab gate latch friction blocks.

instagram is http://instagram.com/bullidriversteelworks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sm87buggy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased a set of weber 44s that were beyond my expectations packaging was very thorough as far as shipping issues i read on previous sales he charged me less than actuall cost buy a few dollars. I would definitly recomend buying from skip he also was very quick to reply and ship.
albertmirror
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Ribbed Inner Door handles Reply with quote

Bought a nice set of handles. Very Fair price and arrived packed very well. I would buy from him again. Thanks for the great service!
Al
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All good...Thanks Skip!
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
PatMc
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received a set of heads and they were very well packed and priced very fair. Thanks,skip
SKP59Kombi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:40 am    Post subject: skp59kombi parts Reply with quote

Thanks for all the feedback.Selling great parts for a cheap price is the way i roll and thanks to all.
RHD Notch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great buying experience with Skip. The items were exactly as described, packaging was awesome and shipping was FAST. His communication was great too...told me what day he'd ship, sent the tracking numbers and followed up with a phone call once he knew they had been delivered to make sure I was satisfied. Thanks Skip!
I have some other projects I'd like to finish first and I want to drive this bus while I'm working on those to help stay motivated.
56Cabrio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: SKP59Kombi - [email protected] Reply with quote

Quick shipping, no problems.
Thanks Skip.

1956 Rag Top owned since 1988
1956 Convertible owned since 2000
1963 Hard Top

RIP Dad 4/20/1951 - 2/4/2023
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: