Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

type2vw - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: type2vw
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
Todd19
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I did receive the correct package today steve worked it out with me, and everything was in good order, aside from not so great communication, I enjoyed buying from him, he has a good selection and everything was as described.
1974 Standard Beetle - Pacha - sold

http://classicveedubs.blogspot.com/
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just received five cool VW items from Steve, in nicer than described condition. I've purchased several times from Steve now, and they have always been great transactions, he's one of the best sellers on the Samba.com! I'll look forward to future purchases. Thanks again Steve!

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jo-vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello,
Good first contact for the order of a "french bug sale brochure". But since the paiement 3 weeks ago, no news ?? May you give me if the shipping has been done ?
Thank's.
Jo-vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello,

Actualy, I'm allready without any news ? Steve said me he informs me when the order ship, but since the email, I haven't received other news despite emails.

Payment done, Steve have confirmed it. But nothing arrived at home !
Sad
iowegian Premium Member
Samba Curmudgeon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I bought a Wiking dealer promo from Steve. Good price and lightning fast shipping. Thanks.
Bombero26
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Another great buy from Steve , thanks Steve for another well packaged , fast delivery to me here in Idaho. I would not hesitate to buy again from Steve TOP Seller...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Bombero26
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

VW ad from 1968, great product, fast shipping, A+++++. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jo-vws
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Hello,

I change my last opinion for Type2VW I was writing few months ago...
It was long to received my order, but after time and emails, Type2VW excuse him for the delay and offer to me an other add ! Thank you !

So everything is now OK, and the adds are exactly like describe.
tongeo27
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I tell this seller for T34 Karmann Ghia Japan Tin Key Wind Up Price: $65 Shipped
His add : https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2307605
He tell me about price with shipping cost. I'm OK and tell to he please send paypal money request to me.
But after day he tell me some one made a decent offer of me.
He do not sale to me.
oakman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Great seller! Another positive transaction with Steve. Item just as described, good communication and great packing. Thanks Steve!
Mark Evans Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:44 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Bought a bus owner's manual from Steve, item was as described, well packaged and shipped quickly.
Gerb
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:16 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Agreed to and paid $25 to Steve on April 16 via PayPal for a 1964 version of the "What Year Is It" brochure. Multiple email messages, with very little response from Steve and still no brochure as of May 15. No response since April 23. Would not recommend this seller.
'64 Ruby Red Deluxe Beetle
Richard Copping
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

A salutary tale that could easily have been avoided

On April 10th 2020 I expressed an interest in a brochure offered by Type2VW
and asked about charges for shipping to Great Britain. On 15th April a
reply to my enquiry was received and on the 16th I duly paid for the
brochure using PayPal as requested. As the brochure was still listed as
being for sale on 26th April I mailed Type2VW to ask if he had changed his
mind etc. and if so, please could he refund my money. On 29th April, Type2VW
replied apologising for the delay and promising to try and post the brochure
later that day. I E-mailed back promising to let him know when the brochure
arrived at my address in Great Britain. I noted that the brochure had been
deleted from Type2VW's adverts and settled back to await the arrival of my
purchase. After five weeks wait I started to become uneasy and contacted
Type2VW to see if there was any way between us we could track the brochure's
progress across the Atlantic. No reply was received, nor has any been
received to subsequent mail, even though all can see that Type2VW has been
active on the Samba site.

I feel that I have been very patient, haven't pestered unduly until recently
and haven't broadcast my concerns. Now, on 13th June and still minus a
brochure, I wish to suggest that it may well be unwise to purchase an item
from Type2VW as you may well not receive the goods you have paid for.
Further, if my experience is replicated, communication with Type2VW will be
a major issue, raising the concern that conceivably the brochure hasn't even
been shipped. $55 including postage costs might not be an enormous amount,
but it is the principle of the matter. In over 10 years of Samba membership
and purchases I have not experienced this kind of treatment.

Beware
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Moderator note:
I had emailed Steve about the non-responses above and got no replies.

Since he was using the site almost every day when I checked:
I banned him from the site for now to try and get a response to the issues above.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Gerb wrote:
Agreed to and paid $25 to Steve on April 16 via PayPal for a 1964 version of the "What Year Is It" brochure. Multiple email messages, with very little response from Steve and still no brochure as of May 15. No response since April 23. Would not recommend this seller.

Gerb notified me that this has been resolved.

Another person also said their issue was resolved but I don't believe they posted here.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Richard Copping
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Take Note

Following the non-arrival of a '67 bus brochure I had paid $55 for and a complete lack of
communication from the vender, Steve Meteer, I took the matter to PayPal. They duly investigated, the result being that my money was refunded.

In the light of this very disappointing experience with Steve Meteer (Type2VW) I would never, ever considering purchasing anything from him again. I would also suggest that everyone out there, takes note and considers their own course of action with regard to anything advertised by Steve Meteer (Type2VW)
EA57RHD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I was interested in a 59 bus owners manual that Steve had listed for sale. He did contact me several days later with his PayPal info. However, I had additional questions regarding his price since his add title stated $60 but in the item description it stated $50. I also wanted a total price with priority shipping since he states in his add that he ships his items using the cheapest method.

Zero contact for about two weeks. Then out of the blue, Steve emailed me today and said that he has been having health issues that is slowing him down. I immediately email him back to get a total with priority, but silence again.....

The moral of this story is; Communication with Steve is spotty at best and if you send him money and expect to have your item shipped in an expedient manner, don't hold your breath. I really need a 59 owners manual but I will not fall into this trap of poor communication and possibly delayed or no shipping of paid item. I guess that only positive is that Steve wants you to pay as good and services which will cover you in the event of an issue.
********WANTED********
Whittier Lee Wood VW dealer license plate frame
rhd914
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Looks like i have fallen as another victim to this guy. I emailed about a booklet he had advertised back on sept 9 2020. Got the email back straight away for shipping and paypal, paid it. Waited and waited. Now i make this easy, easy does not need to ship to me in Australa, i have an old friend who now lives in Minnesota, so, got to be easier thsn internation postage.....
Kept waiting, late November i email saying it has not turned up, get and email back on Dec4, stated that he is in poor health, he eill get it out in a few days. Felt sorry for the guy, then i see all his ads renewed on 17 Dec, then agai n on 25 Dec. Have emailed twice but guess i should not expect much.

I my wish now, is that there was some icon applied to the guy page by admin, maybe back skull and crossed bone to warn people he can be a poor fendor. Yes, buyer beware, but in 5 or 6 years, this is the only bad egg i have encountered.
As for his being unwell, cannot confirm or deny this, but realistically, if he is that unwell, someone is assisting with meal, washing etc, i am sure dropping an item in the post is not too much.

Steve, ball is in your court.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
57 AZ Oval
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

Steve's reputation has taken a bit of a hit lately on this feedback forum so I thought I would post about my recent good experience purchasing from him. I just bought a 1957 Beetle owners manual that he had advertised on The Samba. It did take a while for him to get back in touch with me after my initial inquiry, but once I PayPal'd him my payment, I received the item within a week. The manual's condition was just as advertised and it was well packaged. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.
speedsteer55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: 59type2vw - [email protected] Reply with quote

I want to thank Steve for the toys I recently purchased. He communicated that he is having health issues and it might take some time to package and ship my items. I had no problem with the wait. It did take some time but he emailed tracking info to me and I received the toys as described, well packed for shipping. Thank you Steve!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: