Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

huntington beach jyk - [email protected] - Ryan
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: huntington beach jyk
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 01, 2015
tmr19991
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:21 pm    Post subject: huntington beach jyk - [email protected] - Ryan Reply with quote

Watch buying from the "Valley Bug Boy". I purchased a vent wing from him. It was the wrong year that he sent me. He said he was going to send the right one, but never did. He replied that I should send the old one back at my cost?!! It was junk. Not worth using and the wrong year.He sent rude emails because I reported him to the Samba. This guy has no intentions of making a deal right. He was given every opportunity to do so. Please do not do business with!!!!!!!

Also:
fountain valley bug boy - [email protected]
jakes used vw parts - [email protected]
mochavr6 - [email protected]

Moderator notes:
Ryan / Sam (name used in ads) have several complaints about slow shipping and/or sending the wrong parts and backing out of deals once made, along with other feedback.
Several people in the thread have advised only purchasing parts in person.
Keep this in mind when choosing to deal with him and buy at your own risk.
It has been reported he sometimes works at Carter's Air-Cooled in CA and has been known to use their Paypal account and state he has a machine shop when really it is work done by Carters. However, Carter's has denied this fact in this thread.
sandfan43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like a dummy, i did not search for feedback on this guy before i delt with him, MY FAULT!, he has a 2110 holley carb and intake listed on here 80 bucks obo, i contacted him and offered to trade for set of dp heads, nothing fancy, cut for 92's, i also explained there is 1 plug hole that wasnt perfect, needs attention, he said no problem send them anyway. I sent him heads on nov 13th, sent him email with tracking number, he recived them on the 19th of nov. On the 28th of nov i recieved an email from him stating that carb was on its way, on the 30th of nov he has my heads listed on here for sale 100 bucks obo, not mentioning the one plug hole, maybe he fixed i dont know?, but it is ad #885658. I have contacted him asking for tracking number but comes up with excuses why he cant provide one. Tomorrow dec 10th he has had my heads 3 weeks and still i've got nothing to show for it,,DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS GUY!!! its too bad certain people got to be this way and do honest people wrong, but life goes on and i'm a believer in karma, so we'll see what karma has up her sleeve for him. Twisted Evil
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent him an email.
Let us know if that produces anything.
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandfan43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mr Barnes, recieved email from him today, stating carb would be sent today?????!!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, he responded to me saying he would take care of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
sandfan43
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carb and intake recieved
danielf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:11 pm    Post subject: BEWARE OF VALLEY BUG BOY// or JUNK YARD [email protected] Reply with quote

THIS GUY GOT REAL BALLS,HE SENT ME SOME SO CALLED OG MEANING ORIGINAL GERMAN HUBCAP AND CONFIRMED BY EMAIL ORIGINAL. WHEN THEY ARRIVED THEY HAD NOT ONLY AFTERMARKET EMBLEMS, BUT MADE IN JAPAN STICKERS,EMAILED AND SPOKE TO A REAL DUD. AFTER A BS STORY HE SAID TO RETURN THEM, I DID AND NEVER GOT A REFUND, HE SAID HE SENT IT, I CASHED IT, HES A REAL DUD ,SENT INFO TO EVERETT, HE LYED TO HIM ALSO, BUT HE REALLY WAS NO HELP EITHER .WE REALLY HAVE TO FEND FOR OURSELVES,IF I RAN A SITE I WOULD BE SURE THAT THESE KIND DONT PARTICIPATE .GOOD LUCK MY GOOD FRIENDS AT SAMBA BEWAREEEEEEEEEEEE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
danielf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: junkyardkid/valley bugboy and all others ( ripped me off) Reply with quote

readers digest version: he posted original porsche hubcaps for sale og. i thought og would mean original sent email to confirm,he replyed yes og means original da(said like the punk he is) anywayrecieved the hubcap and they had made in china stickers on back asked to return agreed and recieved my money back what burns me the most is the return postage for another 15.00 dollars,said he sent it ,i never recieved it said i cash it but never furnished any proof to me or everett who owns this site any proof just lies my paypal history is 100%and i really would not waste my time if i was the theif just felt you should all know,please dont buy from this guy he change his name and burn more but he will get his please let me know when somebody takes care of him thanks guys and look at this part of site never knew it was here shame on me dan also [email protected] ryan or bill i think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no account on the site for [email protected]

As far as I know the email and user name at the top of this thread is correct as he still has current ads. I noticed he changed all of his ads to local pickup only, no shipping. This appears to have been done after this situation occurred but I do not know that with certainty.

You are correct I could not do anything in this case. I contact him at the time of your original complaint. He reported he sent you a money order and it was cashed. He offered to provide me with the money order number as proof. I declined as I do not believe that can be looked up online to determine the status so I could not do anything with it.
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: 5.4 H beams Reply with quote

I should have searched more better but I found his thread. After reading his feedback ( after the fact), I found that everything he sold that had problems were of irregular sizes.
Great buy on a set of 5.4 H beams in great shape. I suspect they were actually Scats, but who knows they are all made by the same chinese manufacturer nowdays. Listed as having 8740 bolts but in actuality, 3 out of 4 rods had ARP2000 bolts. Gain for me, all i need to do is buy 2 ARP2000's. Fast shipping and very communicative. Also provided tracking number. -Jon

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
zombiescustoms
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a fraud and should not be allowed to sell here, I bought a pair of 1600 rockers on Dec 14th and still have not received them, I will be filing a complaint with paypal if they are not here by tomorrow.

Last edited by zombiescustoms on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
fountain valley bug boy
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay im a fraud oo yay haha with holidays and all im a fraud o well to bad shipping is slow and for cheap shipping u get the shit flat rate suck it bitchs idc
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
ladybug89
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have bought numerous things from Fountain Valley Bug Boy.. i have never had a problem... however i do live close and never had to have anything shipped.

Never had a communication problem (via text, email and calling)... everything in the ads i bought over the past few years... steering wheel adapter, fenders, hood, shifter, decklids..etc not all at once.. were just as advertised, and reasonably priced....

i did have a problem with a carpet kit, it was missing a piece and i called him up and he said no problem and broke up a kit out of his OWN car and delivered it to me... pretty good customer service..

its hard to see this and believe it was the same person, really nice kid...

o and i asked what was the deal with the "Ryan or Bill" thing in his ads, and that was for when you call.. you could either talk to Ryan (young kid) or Bill (his father)... both nice people..
danielf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: DEAD BEAT SELLER !!!!!!!!!! FOUNTAIN VALLEY BUG BOY Reply with quote

if these crooks are so stand up, why didnt they act it and send me my money after i returned the crap they tryed to sell as original china aftermarket said right on stickers there loosers,or offer me proof they paid and get some good feedback no reply please.BUYER BEWARE DEAD BEAT SELLERS ON SAMBA (FOUNTAIN VALLEY BUG BOY)
lucille66
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually bought from Ryan a set of front and rear fenders for my bug. Good price, original German steel, thick....not the thin, aftermarket crap. Good seller in my opinion, nice kid. Kinda shocking to see such negative feedback on him. Although, the "suck it bitches I don't care" attitude certainly doesn't portray any kind of professionalism or customer service.
tmr19991
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Still Selling Reply with quote

It amazes me that this guy is still able to sell on here? Look at the feedback. If he sold what he stated he was selling on here there would never be problems. I never got my money back. Never got the right vent wings. I contatacted thesamba with the nasty email I recieved from this guy. Nothing was done and he still sells on here?! Nothing resolved! I was asked by another user to submit this feedback because he was told that my issue must have been resolved since I never posted anymore on this topic. What would give anyone this idea. The seller is a deadbeat. There is no recourse through this website. I'm out $25.00. I guess if you pick up locally and meet this guy face to face he can't screw you. But it seems like he hides behind a computer and screws everyone he can. He's a loser !!!! NOTHING HAS BEEN RESOLVED OR EVERWILL ! TheSamba continues to enable this guy to steal from honest people that put there trust in thesamba and the people who buy from sellers!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting a follow-up.

I'm not defending him at all but your original post says that he asked you to send it back and you did not do that so I'm not sure why he would send you any money either.

I'm not saying he doesn't owe you a refund if the part was junk but it's possible since you didn't send it back he thought it was settled.

There is another complaint pending as well that I think the buyer will post soon as he and I have not gotten a response from this seller.
If he does not respond to that, he will be banned until the issue(s) are resolved.
tmr19991
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Dead beat seller Reply with quote

You are correct when saying I did not return the item. It was the wrong year, no chrome on the vent wing, glass was all scratched. Why should I have to spend my time or money in returning junk? He knew exactly what he was shipping out. He has been selling Vw parts for a while. Why should I or anyone else on here have to return an item at there own expense? Several people have posted negative feedback. I sent him my money with the ad he posted so there wouldn't be any mistakes. Please tell me where I am wrong? He is a deadbeat seller, always will be ! How many complaints is to many? ONE !!!!
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Warning, Beware,Mail order fraud!! [email protected] Reply with quote

I have also been scammed by this seller. I responded to one of his ads one month ago, sent him cash payment for merchandise and shipping, and requested a tracking number , which he acknowledged receiving. I have waited for the item to be shipped, with him telling me it was shipped 3 days after receiving my money. When I didn't receive it two weeks later, I emailed him, and he did not respond to my next two emails. Finally, he said he had been "on vacation" and that he was shipping it out the next day. This was just the beginning of his lies. First he says he shipped it, then he was "on vacation" and then shipped it again, and now a month later, he says it's been shipped again. For those of you that think like I did, that maybe this seller ( Ryan McCreary ) had changed his ways from earlier bad feedback...YOU ARE WRONG, and since they had stopped shipping parts and then advertising that they started shipping again, I thought they had seen the light. I have been on The Samba, 7 years, and this is the WORST seller I have ever encountered. Nobody should ever again make the mistake of ordering from this seller by mail again. Today, I went to the Post Office and filed a form 8165 (mail fraud)
wheel607
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fountain valley bug boy wrote:
yay im a fraud oo yay haha with holidays and all im a fraud o well to bad shipping is slow and for cheap shipping u get the shit flat rate suck it bitchs idc

This is the prevailing attitude of this person / seller/ Ryan McCreary that has continued to operate criminally on this site. " Shipping is slow" well I have waited a month, "you get the shit flat rate suck it bitches" I wish I was visiting Huntington Beach, California soon so I could personally pickup what I paid for but haven't received.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: