Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

huntington beach jyk - [email protected] - Ryan
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: huntington beach jyk
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 01, 2015
Mr.Duncan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my input, im in Texas, purchased A BEETLE from him, (little over 1.6 years ago)

sold as "daily driver, everything works, engine is in great shape"

Noooooway. It was more of "A piece of shit"

How can I explain that, EVERYTHING besides the metal body needed replacing!!!

All tin was missing, engine has been over heated, oil cooler tin missing, basically it was barley running. Everything needed a re-build.

Anywho, regardless after a whole year of rebuilding the entire beetle im happy with my car.

As you can see in my thread...

Cheers-

Before:

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

And 1.5 years later!

After:

Red 1971 Squareback Thread
Red 1966 Beetle Thread
---------------------------------------------------
1971 Green Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Ghia (sold)
1971 Blue Super Beetle (sold)
1966 Java Green Std Beetle (sold)
1971 Red Squareback (sold)
1966 Red Beetle
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
restojohnny
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I think I've had enough with Ryan now as he caused me to lose a good friend Jeremy in Hemet.....I've known Jeremy for almost 20 plus years and he's a great person to know. Well Jeremy text me a picture of some wheels he had purchased purchased from Ryan. . 2 day's later I emailed Ryan on an NOS cyclone muffler he had for $100.00 he text me saying he had some wheels for sale and that he would text me a picture of the cyclone muffler and the wheels he had mentioned. Well he text me the same picture of the wheels Jeremy said he bought. Ryan said the highest offer is $900 on them and if I was interested what is my offer....At first I went crazy because they were wheels I've been looking for , for a LONG TIME now so yeah I wanted them made an offer then thought about it for a few more hours and realized that Jeremy bought the wheels didn't pay Ryan for them yet and Ryan was trying to squeeze more money for the wheels since he didn't get the cash from Jeremy yet. After a few hour's I came to my senses and didn't give it a 2nd thought. Apparently he told Jeremy that I found out about the wheels and offered more for them thinking that Jeremy (I am assuming this part) would pay more than what they both agreed on a few day's before. He's done this before after reading his feedback. I won't deal or speak to him again. Your an ass an you cost me a good friend bitch :2gunfire: :fist: :2gunfire: :fist:
53 LHD, LH cargo door standard kombi
54 Pre-A Porsche
55 oval ribbed door non-semiphore
56 semiphore ragtop
63 notchback (work in progress)
67 OG black paint beetle sedan empi accessorized
67 original Empi GTV beetle convertible !!
67 euro squareback
67 deluxe walkthru (work in progress)
67 convertible ghia (work in progress)

"STAY OUTTA MY BACKYARD !!! "
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member notified me and then it was confirmed this "new" user is Ryan.

Banned again as
mochavr6 - [email protected]
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan has resolved the 2 outstanding issues in this thread and has been unbanned.

Complaint #1:
From
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6896316#6896316
EverettB wrote:
After many emails back and forth and jfats808 emailing both me and the seller the exact texts that show he agreed to a $57 refund, Ryan has been banned from the site until the $57 is refunded.

He refunded it.

bugster vw wrote:
HI,
I bought this parts from him , http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1502319 ,

Nothing at home , he takes my money , 75usd
He sent me a mail , told me he send them by boat and he'll give me the tracking number,.
the boat to sink it's on or maybe it's a rowing boat
NO more deal with him for sure

Ryan sent me a recent tracking # and it shows delivered
https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction!execute.action?formattedLabel=lc029499715us
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DSTMULE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everett....your between a rock and a hard place. Ryan seems to be a lot of grief to this great site and he is giving you a bad name. Might be time to consider a permanent ban on him. I have sold many items on here ...craigs list...E-Bay and have had one problem. Ryan is a stain on this site and Carters is off my list to purchase from.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would not surprise me if it happens again but he was banned for not resolving the issues mentioned above.

He is one of the few people with an admin warning in the first post of his feedback thread so that will stand.

I noticed you have no other posts in this thread listing some issue so feel free to post your past problem for the record.
DSTMULE
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased 2-3 items from him ( in person ) and have had no problem being face to face. Seems his attitude changes when he ships items out which is too bad.
It is much less of a hassle to be honest.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I understand. Thanks for the input.
Yes, he has had some issues with parts that were shipped, especially engine cases.
He changed his policy on those to in-person sales only (hopefully he sticks to that)
This part of the warning at the start.
gerald canter
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Carter's Air-Cooled Reply with quote

DSTMULE wrote:
Everett....your between a rock and a hard place. Ryan seems to be a lot of grief to this great site and he is giving you a bad name. Might be time to consider a permanent ban on him. I have sold many items on here ...craigs list...E-Bay and have had one problem. Ryan is a stain on this site and Carters is off my list to purchase from.

This GUY does not work at MY store never has and never will! Don't assume that because he has told somebody to meet them there that he works there. that would be like meeting him in the parking lot at Boeing and assume he works there.

Thanks
Carter's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Classifieds Feedback
jfats808
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerald,
Thanks for clearing that up. I have bought a handful if things from your store . The prices are great and you ship cheaply and fast. I was a little depressed hearing that Ryan worked for you, but now i look forward to buying stuff from your shop again. Im glad you cleared that up.

Rockstar Suzuki wrote:

You might as well put 10 year build in your bullshit sig, as it will NEVER run. Also your a dick

You can always learn something new, even from a fool.
Check your oil levels routinely!
Darth Jetta
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: My Experience with - [email protected] Reply with quote

Although my issue is resolved I feel that posting the facts of the matter may be of service... Here is the email trail...

TheSamba.com Ad - stock pulley (24)

To [email protected]

From Me

May 29
A visitor to TheSamba.com has replied to your ad for:
stock pulley Price: 5 bucks
at: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1620330
and sent the following message:

Hello,

How much to ship to (zip edited out) and using Paypal?

Thanks,
Andy
***************************************************************************************************************************
[email protected]

To Me

May 29
6 for shipping total 12 bucks with paypal
[email protected]

To Me

May 29
paypal [email protected]
**************************************************************************************************************************
Me

To [email protected]

May 29
Sending payment to [email protected]

Please ship to:
(address edited out)
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 2
Hello,

I have not received this item yet. Do you have a tracking number for me?

Andy
[email protected]
To Me
Jun 2
it went out friday ill get u the tracking number
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 2
Ryan,

Please do ASAP.

Andy
[email protected]

To Me

Jun 2
whats ur paypal ill refund ya the 12 bucks for ur pulley sence theres no tracking on standerd post shipments
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 2
Ryan....

(address edited out)

Andy
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 3
Ryan,

How about it? Is all that Samba feedback about you true? Pulley or refund - I am happy either way... But I want it now.

Andy
[email protected]

To Me

Jun 3
im waiting for the pulley its been 3 days waiting for ur to receive it or ill give u ur money back what do u want ?
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 4
Ryan,

If you shipped it on Friday as you said I will wait till this weekend. If it is not here then I will request a refund from you on Monday...

Andy
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 7
Ryan,

The Saturday mail has arrived and no pulley. I am ready for my refund now!

$12.00 to (address edited out)

Andy
[email protected]
To Me

Jun 7
sounds good ill send it out wheni get to work in about a hour

Hours later…………
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 7
Ryan,

Are hours longer out there???

Andy
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 8
Ryan,

Based on the history I have read on the Samba I am getting the feeling I was never going to get that pulley and am going to have a problem getting a refund as well.

Just to be clear... If I do not receive the pulley or a refund by Monday morning I will exercise what options I have to rectify the situation.

I am sorry it has come to this... Apparently more than you.

Andy
[email protected]
To Me

Jun 8
i already sent the money check ur paypal
Transaction ID # 7V65793580714161C
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 8
Ryan,

Either you have me confused with someone else or feeding me BS... Paypal would notify me if I had a payment - BUT I checked anyway. NOTHING THERE! This reminds me of one of the other feedback accounts I read...

Still waiting.

Andy
[email protected]
To Me

Jun 8
sent the traction id to ur account here it is again tell me if im wrong i click on it ur email comes up for 12 bucks ? here is it again Transaction ID # 7V65793580714161C
[email protected]

To Me

Jun 8
here it is just sent another one Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 56C113878H213473A
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 8
Ryan,

Yes $12.00 is the correct amount. It IS NOT in my account! My account is (address edited out)as stated in the previous emails.

Andy
[email protected]

To Me

Jun 8
yes i just sent it again take a look let me know
Me

To [email protected]

Jun 8
Ryan,

I did just get a payment for $11.35. So I am still short $.65... Yes I do want the full $12.00 back.

Andy

After this I received an additional Paypal payment of $1.00. This gave me a total refund of $12.02. I refunded the extra $.02 back to [email protected].....
Me
To [email protected]

Jun 8
Ryan,

Transaction complete. Thank you.

I will promise you this.... IF I do actually receive the pulley and it was mailed out as you said... I will pay you for it.

Andy

As of this post date the pulley has not been received…..

Draw you own conclusions.
mlaiola
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Do not trust him and do not buy from him Reply with quote

I contacted him within minutes of him posting two differnt parts (9th. viewers) around 5PM and said I would pay his asking price. We set a time at 10AM the next mornig and a place to meet. I text him in the morning before I left and he lets me know that it was already sold and that he emailed me at midnight to let me know. He said first come first served was his reason. We had a firm deal and he broke it. Do not trust him as it appears he got a better offer after we had an agreement. Buyers beware!!
Kenyolee
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Do not buy from this person!! Reply with quote

I had the same experience as the last posted person. I said I would take some parts that he was selling and he sold them out from underneath me. Do not expect him to hold (within24 hours) a part on his word that after he agrees to a price with you. He will sell the parts to the first person that shows up with the money regardless of any deal you think you have made with him. He reason is that there are a lot of flakes on the Samba.
undone.evil
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:44 am    Post subject: this dude is a dirty thief Reply with quote

I purchased a dog house oil cooler from this guy, at first it was only $30 + $20 shipping so a couple of days later i asked him if he still had it and he told me he did but he had blasted it so it was now $15 more i should have known but i havent had any problems on here so far so i sent him the money.

Well a week and a half goes by and i ask him for the tracking number he told me he would send it when he got home then a few days later i sent him an email asking if he found it and he sent me a half cocked message telling me his lifes hard because he has to work weekends.

On the 20th day i sent him an email stating that i was going to file a paypal claim and he could avoid it if he just refunded me my money but i didnt hear from him again so i filed it then a few days later i get an email saying i got a refund from him then another email saying the senders bank refused to send the funds.

A couple of days later i had my money back and it was a diffrent transaction and it was labeled reversal so im gona guess paypal gave me my money back and not him so he will probably have a new paypal account soon.

I have only been a member since yesterday but i have been on here buying stuff and learning for years. I became a member so i could contact other members but i figured there would be a bad seller list or somthing.
craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got taken from this douche. Bought a pair of shocks from him and received nothing. I have emailed him many times without any replies. Have called over a dozen times, left messages, and still no replys.
Got a hold of Everett and he offered no help (must be friends with him) other than to file a complaint with PayPal.
Why Everett lets him and others like him on the Samba is beyond me.
Watch what you buy on this site. Rolling Eyes
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You emailed me yesterday Jan. 13th. He has not used the site since Jan. 12.
I said I would email too in case that would help. It often does - he has responded to me in the past. I did that.

I suggested you open a Paypal dispute if you were getting worried.
Do that.

If he does not respond to me and continues to use the site without resolving this, then I will take action.
chrisflstf
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a gland nut from this guy on Dec 18. He was suppose to ship it on Dec 21. Havent heard from him since. I sent 3 follow up emails - no response
craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chrisflstf wrote:
Bought a gland nut from this guy on Dec 18. He was suppose to ship it on Dec 21. Havent heard from him since. I sent 3 follow up emails - no response

File a claim asap with PayPal. I did!
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting.

I haven't heard from him since emailing him regarding the issue above so all of his ads have been removed until he resolves the multiple complaints above.
craigman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant believe you are letting this guy sell parts on here again. Is he paying you or something? Is he a friend of yours? What possible reason would you allow this?
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: