Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Spied this cool set up while attending a Vintage Trailer Rally in Malibu.

The owner's; Linda and (Dave?) were super nice and obviously take great pride in both their bus and Eriba camper.

I think that was the same couple with the Bus/Puck combo at the Ocean Mesa vintage trailer rally this past March 2016.

If so, they were both nice folks & nice trailer/bus.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
1970 Eriba Puck & 1960 Avion T20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

boots1234 wrote:
Awnings and add a rooms for Pucks. Has anybody used the Bus Deport add a room successfully with their Puck looking for feedback or recommendations for alternatives. Plan on using mine for a trip to the Badlands but want to have more space other than just the Puck.

Fiamma also makes an awning specifically for Pucks (as well as accessories &, tent enclosures & skirting, etc.), but you'll need to go to their USA HQ website, or the European one, to find them.

We have a 10' Fiamma on our 88 Westy, & it's super easy & fast to set-up with one person using the crank & "walking" the legs out. So I'd assume the Puck version would be the same.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:10 pm    Post subject: We're Lookin for a Vintage Eriba Puck Reply with quote

FYI y'all, we're looking for a vintage 1950-70's Puck (or Fawn, Familia) which we can tow with our `88 Westy van to some of the vintage trailer rallies like those above, as an alternative to our "Big Gal" 1960 Avion T20 (sim. to Airstream).

If you know of any, please shoot me a PM or email.

Original Owner `88 Westy:

[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=240390&d=1433961448[/img]

[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=240391&d=1433961448[/img]

#2 Avion T20 off the line "Big Gal":

[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173766&d=1354498139[/img]

[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173757&d=1354497723[/img]

[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173764&d=1354498139[/img]

This may be our actual trailer in this 1960 sales brochure pic.:
[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=173990&d=1354765896[/img]

And just so the Admins won't get cranked out, we're looking for a nice 2008-14 PORSCHE Cayenne S as our tow vehicle (this is actually a 2006 in my cut-n-paste pic):
[img]http://www.airforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=245322&d=1439416193[/img]

Well apparently the image posting function here works differently that at the other online forums I'm on, so just click on the image links, if you care to see them. The hgow to & excruciatingly complex & long procedure to add pix on this site are a royal PITA, so I'm not going to waste my time to try to make a "gallery" (when I tried it before, it wasn't successful, denied, or whatever). Since the age of computer punch cars is long past, I'm not going to waste my time with this archane set-up on here. .... sorry! Sad

TIA for any referrals! Cool
Tom
///////
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: USA Import Eriba Puck Info Reply with quote

Here is some info. on the USA Import version of the Puck FYI.

http://www.eribasar.de/touring-oldtimer/eriba-puck-us-version/export-history-and-brochure/

This guy has a lot of other info. on Pucks & other Eribas on his website.

This may be old news to some of you, but I recalled reading one post that the Pucks weren't imported into the USA back in the day, but the link above clearly shows that they had a USA specific model.

In the 1960's I recall that there was a guy in our San Diego neighborhood with a Puck that he towed with his `68 Mini Cooper, although I'm not sure if it was an USA model, or one he brought home from Germany under the military shipping & import program.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Mine is a US spec imported by a VW dealership in the early 1970's.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: USA Import Eriba Puck Info Reply with quote

Tom_T wrote:
... but I recalled reading one post that the Pucks weren't imported into the USA back in the day, but the link above clearly shows that they had a USA specific model.

I've read that as well, but clearly not true.

While I'm sure some enterprising importers made efforts importing them individually on a consignment bases...

You have this importer out of New York, I believe the same as your literature link above...

Then there's Eriba Pacific, Inc. out of Culver City, California...

Early 70's brochure -

While it's been said that these trailers were never officially sold through VW dealerships, I've read somewhere that these brochures were made available on the showroom floor as a testament that you don't have to give up camping if you buy a small VW.

How true that is, we can only speculate until an original owner steps up and gives us the low down on what went on back in the day.

Either way, their certainly perceived as being associated with VW, even if only a German thing.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Mine was purchased in So Cal, no doubt imported by the Culver City outfit. I wonder if they put a company decal on their Pucks.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
... I wonder if they put a company decal on their Pucks.

No importer markings on ours that I know of.

All the appliances are from So. California. Stove - Santa Fe Springs, Ice Box - Glendale. Interesting that the brochure says that they come with a 3 burner stove, I've yet to see one if they ever did. Confused

The hang up closet is described as "large". Laughing
Tom Mohr
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:19 pm    Post subject: Eriba Puck Tent Reply with quote

The tent on this Matador is identical to an Eriba Puck Tent

Link to article......
https://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2016/12/23/dow...refer=news
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Puck progress Reply with quote

A little progress update on where I am with the Puck resto.

Paint and body work is done and have most of the trim and outside fixtures back in place.

Decided to install a table rail on the outside so we could use the table for cooking, etc when camping.

Fabricated a spar between the frame on the inside wall so the table had something to support it. Seems to work good and there is no noticeable flexing of the body panel with the table attached.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Puck progress Reply with quote

DiggerD wrote:
A little progress update on where I am with the Puck resto...

WOW, Shocked

I'm blown away! That's awesome work!
I wish ours had the outside table set up; if I wasn't too scared about ripping out the interior to reinforce that wall mount, Id consider something similar.

I see you pop riveted the aluminum trim on instead of screws, ...smart.

How did you clean up that trim? Ours is weather stained and I'm not sure when the time comes to how to go about it.

Anyways, great work! If your interior ends up half as nice, you'll have one hell of a Puck there.

Peace,

Greg R.
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Puck progress Reply with quote

68Bug-lite wrote:
DiggerD wrote:
A little progress update on where I am with the Puck resto...

WOW, Shocked

I'm blown away! That's awesome work!
I wish ours had the outside table set up; if I wasn't too scared about ripping out the interior to reinforce that wall mount, Id consider something similar.

I see you pop riveted the aluminum trim on instead of screws, ...smart.

How did you clean up that trim? Ours is weather stained and I'm not sure when the time comes to how to go about it.

Anyways, great work! If your interior ends up half as nice, you'll have one hell of a Puck there.

Peace,

Greg R.

Thanks for the kind words!

You are right about having to remove the interior to install a support for the table. I thought if I was gonna do it it would have to be now! I used the pop rivets because I was afraid of screws working loose over time from the install and removal of the table into the track. The inner support was also riveted to the frame tubes for the same reason. The inside of the rivets were treated with a dab of silicone to keep things watertight.

The trim I just cleaned with some 000 steel wool and hand buffed with mothers polish. The trim cleaned up pretty well with a little elbow grease, but still has some pits, nicks, etc. I figured it will have to do since replacement trim is pretty much unobtainium.

I cleaned the stone guards the same way, but was able to screw them down to some plywood and hit it with the buffer.

68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:48 am    Post subject: Re: Puck progress Reply with quote

DiggerD wrote:
The trim cleaned up pretty well with a little elbow grease...

Clearly a labor of love; I figured there was no easy short cut on cleaning up that trim. I was hoping you were going to turn me onto some secret concoction of vinegar and toothpaste or something were I only had to wipe on and wipe off, LOL.

I see you have a handbrake, as well as two circular round electrical plug holders welded to the tongue..., so I'm guessing you have electric brakes?, ...Nice.
Is your Puck a European model? They seem better outfitted in my opinion.

It has to be very gratifying for you to see the Puck coming together. You've obviously taken a very organize and methodical approach to the sequence of your restoration. Well done.

Please keep us posted on any future progress; you may well be our "go to guy" for resto tips and what not. So little seems to be available on line, and you quickly realize you have to damn near reverse engineer everything.

Again, thanks for sharing.

Peace,

Greg
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I do have the mechanical brake system with handbrake. No electric brakes, I think the things that look like plug holders were probably some kind of mount for a propane tank. They appear to be original, and not added. This a European model and there seems to be a few differences here and there.
A few more resto pics:

Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Is your LP tank inside the Puck in a closet?
The larger ring on the tongue appears to be quite common. I have one on mine between the LP tank and the Puck. I don't know what it's for.

DiggerD wrote:
I do have the mechanical brake system with handbrake. No electric brakes, I think the things that look like plug holders were probably some kind of mount for a propane tank. They appear to be original, and not added. This a European model and there seems to be a few differences here and there.
A few more resto pics:

DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Yes, the LP tank was inside, but I don't think it was originally like that. It looked like there was a hole where the gas lines ran through from the outside. If you look to the left if the tounge you can see where I installed a receptical for shore power in the hole I am talking about.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I'm still convinced those rings , (at least the larger one) is to hold the round 7 prong tow plug when not in use. Perhaps the other holder is for a plug for shore power.

USA Imports; at least ours, has this Shore power outlet on the none door side.

DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

The size is right for the round plug, actually I have used these to hold the plug when the puck is parked in the garage, I just always thought there was another use for them tho.
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Some pics from the testing of the running lights. (Before all of the trim was reinstalled)

DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject: Door laminate replacement Reply with quote

Replaced the inner door laminate. The original was discolored from age, and had several holes drilled into it from former owners. I am planning to repaint the yellowed bottom vent as well. I just need to get some fusion paint for plastic that matches the laminate.

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 87 of 96

Jump to: