Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I just installed new floor covers in the Puck and wanted to pass this along.

When we bought our Puck, she had old cheesy 70's carpet squares glue down on the original floor, (laminate?); which I quickly pulled up and replaced with an inexpensive thin roll of outdoor carpet just to get by.

To properly replace the floor would mean removing the furniture and cabinets; a task that probably would do more harm than good, given my lack of skills.

Then I spied Fred Udog's ad here in the Samba's classifieds...

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2085025

I always thought the the mats I've seen in some Westfalia campers at shows were a nice touch, and realized that was the solution for the Puck.
Just cover up the seen areas!

The floor is in great shape, no rot; just ugly.

I reached out to Fred, who said to send him the dimensions.

After measuring things out, I quickly realized that nothing is consistent in a Puck. No right angles, but strange angles and niches that would be difficult to convey in measurements.

I decided to send Fred a full size paper template to assure accuracy.

Well the end result is an awesome looking floor that fits perfectly...

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

Like day and night to what was there. Looks like an original custom accessory to the trailer. So happy I went this route.

Just wanted to share,

Peace Greg

Last edited by 68Bug-lite on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Fred Udog
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Many thanks Greg for yours feedback

Very nice combo Wink

Cheers,
Fred
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Very nice! and the fit is spot on!
carlos55vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Hello everyone:
I came upon this thread a while back and I have to say it has been very interesting. Great information, good advise among all users and cool Pucks to say the least. I was wandering if any one has a good scan of an US version of the Eriba Puck brochure from 1967, 68 or 69. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

carlos55vw wrote:
Hello everyone:
any one has a good scan of an US version of the Eriba Puck brochure from 1967, 68 or 69.

You probably have seen this already, but outside of the brochure shown in my photo gallery, there's this one...

https://www.eribasar.de/touring-oldtimer/eriba-puck-us-version/export-history-and-brochure/

Intel on these little trailers seems scarce; would love any additional info about the American exports as well.

Peace,

Greg
carlos55vw
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Hello Greg,

I found that site some time back and has been the only site with Export information that I've come across. Pictures are of low resolution making them blurry when expanded. I'll continue my search and will post any new findings.

Thanks,

Carlos
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

boots1234 wrote:
everything you need is at the link below

https://www.eribasar.de/eribasar/keder-leistenf%C3%BCller-unterlagen/

Is there a way to translate that page
cln60ragfk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Any other places to find tail lights, moldings, running lights, window rubber and window latches?

Trying to get parts together for a 71 puck.
Thanks for help
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

cln60ragfk wrote:
boots1234 wrote:
everything you need is at the link below

https://www.eribasar.de/eribasar/keder-leistenf%C3%BCller-unterlagen/

Is there a way to translate that page

Google translate? It might not be usable
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&...edit-text=
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Eriba Puck kitchen Reply with quote

Puck Kitchen eye-candy. Upgraded the cooking area with a larger heat shield. The clips on the top rail of the spice rack double as clothespins and bag clips for chips.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Puck T San Onofre Reply with quote

Daddybus & Puck at San Onofre. The Anthonys attended the Endless Summer Surf Camp.

Anthony Jr on the left and that’s Dad on the right.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Vegas lighting Reply with quote

Vegas Lighting for the Eriba Puck
I got tired of fumbling around in the dark while trying to find the light switch for the light in the kitchen area (that only provided enough light to avoid fumbling around in the dark), so I spent $15 on two 6" 12v LED lights (mounted above each side window) and a rotary switch (mounted above the entry way upper left in photo). I can switch on the lights before entry and I have enough light to read!

68Bug-lite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Puck kitchen Reply with quote

Daddybus wrote:
Upgraded the cooking area with a larger heat shield...

Nice work, I'm guessing your not missing the asbestos backing? LOL

Ours is still there, and over the hood. Figured it's good to go as long as I don't mess with it!

I'm quick to point out the easily seen 1/4" asbestos wedge when people are checking out the trailer. Fun to watch them freak out!
SBD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I grew up in a house with asbestos siding and asbestos insulation around a lot of the furnace ductwork. I also lived in a house with asbestos siding when I was in College. Shocked Can you believe it? I'm 60 years old and have no asbestos-related health issues! Very Happy

Anxious Don't tell the lawyers. Shhh

mark tucker wrote:
I wouldent waste $ or thyme on building a small motor. build it big so it dosent have to work hard.remember it's only as fast as your foot alows it to be unless you build a small turd then it just stinks as it squishes up through your toes when you step on it.
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

The asbestos was in good shape, but I removed it anyway. I did some research and phenolic board would’ve been the best replacement, but the plastic shop in my town shut down and it was too expensive to buy & ship the size needed.
ABS plastic has a pretty high melting point, so I put a sheet of 1/16” black ABS underneath.
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

What is the collective wisdom on this `67 Puck FS on Samba?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2204928

Any input?

What are they going for nowadays?

What will it cost to get it right?
1970 Eriba Puck & 1960 Avion T20
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Seems high to me I had been shopping for one over the last 2 years and they average at 6.5K.

Tom_T wrote:
What is the collective wisdom on this `67 Puck FS on Samba?

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2204928

Any input?

What are they going for nowadays?

What will it cost to get it right?

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Is this floor original if so where can I get replacement material like it?

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Hi Again,

We're looking off-n-on for a nice travel ready Puck to tow with our 1988 Westy that we've had since new - then we can call the combined rig "Repetitively Redundant"! Cool

We already have a restored 1960 Avion T20 (looks like an Airstream) that we take to vintage trailer rallies (we're at the one in Buellton as I type), & a "Lil' Pucker" would give us an option for a smaller rig for the rallies.

But I'm not sure of the cost & effort required to be put into this one that I asked about above.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
1970 Eriba Puck & 1960 Avion T20
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Tom_T the 1960 Avion T20 even if short is a heavy travel trailer, are you pulling it with your 88 Westy? How many pounds is it? I was at the Flanders NJ show, Air Cooled Gathering show last week and the owner of a small Eriba Puck let us hop in and it was amazing for a small travel trailer. The condition was original and clean fully functional and he paid 6K somewhere here on the east coast. He was puling the 600 lb with a Squareback and also pulls with a late Beetle. Our little airheads always amaze me. I had so much fun I forgot to take a photo. Maybe he is here and will chime in.

Tom_T wrote:
Hi Again,

We're looking off-n-on for a nice travel ready Puck to tow with our 1988 Westy that we've had since new - then we can call the combined rig "Repetitively Redundant"! Cool

We already have a restored 1960 Avion T20 (looks like an Airstream) that we take to vintage trailer rallies (we're at the one in Buellton as I type), & a "Lil' Pucker" would give us an option for a smaller rig for the rallies.

But I'm not sure of the cost & effort required to be put into this one that I asked about above.

Cheers!
Tom
///////

www.mauiroadsters.com
Lind wrote:
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 90 of 96

Jump to: