Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Eriba Pucks
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Thanx JGB -

It looks like a regular eyelet screw, & is set wider out from the light, than is the +/- 3/8" hole with cap on ours next to the light. So I guess ours was a different set-up for the table hook/cable.

I don't know about the hubcap bracket, but you might take an evening sometime to start at the beginning of this topic to read, copy, save pix, etc. of any reference material that others have posted - & maybe the brackets & source(s) is already listed.

This topic is a real treasure trove of great Puck info.!

Ours also has PO replacement wheels & tires, but it has hubcap nubs to mount the caps.

However, I don't mount them while running per the PO, for fear of losing them on the road - which I recco for anyone else too.

If yours are 10" wheels, then you might want to look at my tires post a few posts/page(s) back to source new tires for your Puck whenever they reach 5-8-10 years old, due to tire aging issues.

I also see that you're a fellow Westy owner, & a Bug & Thing too - all of which should be able to tow your Puck. Our PO did so with a 68 Bug, but he upgraded it to disc brakes eventually - if nothing else, than for his commuting in SoCal traffic!

Cheers!
Tom
///////

JGB wrote:
Here is my support post for the table
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

1970 Eriba Puck & 1960 Avion T20
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Thanks TOM T. I have read a good portion of the thread and there is a lot of great information. We are lucky to have the samba i almost bought a puck a couple years ago I am glad it did not work out This one is much nicer i like the look of the inside of yours well done.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

JGB wrote:
Thanks TOM T. I have read a good portion of the thread and there is a lot of great information. We are lucky to have the samba i almost bought a puck a couple years ago I am glad it did not work out This one is much nicer i like the look of the inside of yours well done.

The well done goes to the POs Greg & before him, as we're basically just the next caretakers of this originality wonder.

I'll try to clean the old carpet tile adhesive off the flooring, & few other maintenance type items, but will otherwise work to keep it original.

You'll find a rousing welcome & a ton of interest with yours at both VW events & Vintage Trailer Rallies, as we have.

Look at Vintage Camping Trailer Magazine for upcoming events in your area, as they're usually a savings on the camp fees, a bunch of activities, & great folks - plus there's still time this Summer to catch one for you!

You & Others on here should check these out:

https://www.vintagecampertrailers.com/

Click on "Rallies" under the "More" drop down menu at the top-right (after you clear the pop-up).

We've done 3 Vintage Rallies so far this year & 1 camp-out last Nov since we got it, & will do another 3 this Fall - leaving our big trailer (Avion T20 at home for this year). Next year we'll mix it up again with the Avion & Puck.

Cheers!
Tom
///////
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Thanks for the info we belong to the Tin can tourist its a vintage camping group we have owned many vintage campers in the past. A couple of serro scotty and one shasta. All sold now can't wait to use the puck this one a keeper for sure also have a real cool 1969 cox cadet camper we use a lot. And have a newer teardrop we have for sale on the samba.
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Here is a picture of the cox cadet

Tom_T
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

JGB wrote:
Here is a picture of the cox cadet

Sweet - both the Cox & Westy!

Those rallies on the VCT magazine website go beyond the TCT ones, & may have more options for Rallies.

GLWTS!
Tom
///////
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I was just on there site i sign up thanks for the tip. Tim
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Original water bottle from a 1969 Eriba Puck bought new in Glens Falls Ny

LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if a 2013 Honda Fit can pull a Puck?

My Fit details:
The 2013 Honda Fit 1.5-liter, four-cylinder engine, 117 horsepower and 106 lb-ft. or torque.
www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LAGrunthaner
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Answering myself via my Honda Fit Facebook Group:
Though my Honda Fit is not meant for towing the max payload is 12-1300 lb.

LAGrunthaner wrote:

My Fit details:
The 2013 Honda Fit 1.5-liter, four-cylinder engine, 117 horsepower and 106 lb-ft. or torque.

www.mauiroadsters.com
http://www.oacdp.org
Lind wrote:
Have you considered simply starting with a nicer bus? I don't know what your skills are, but the race is easier if you can see the finish line. If you are not a runner, don't start off doing a marathon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

LAGrunthaner wrote:
Answering myself via my Honda Fit Facebook Group:
Though my Honda Fit is not meant for towing the max payload is 12-1300 lb.

LAGrunthaner wrote:

My Fit details:

Is that too low? A search here tells me an empty Puck is 660lbs.

Google search says
Weight: 320 kg (705lbs)
Stop dead photo links! Post your photos to The Samba Gallery!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Yustrn
JHC Controla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

If my 78 Westy can pull one, you should have no problems.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Does anyone know the size or type of lightbulb that is used in a 1969 eriba puck that hangs on the back cabinet? And also looking for the shade that goes on the back light if any one has one for sale. Thanks

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

JGB wrote:
Does anyone know the size or type of lightbulb that is used in a 1969 eriba puck that hangs on the back cabinet? And also looking for the shade that goes on the back light if any one has one for sale. Thanks

That looks like some PO added on a light. I'm guessing that's a candelabra or medium base bulb.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

[quote="peecee69"]
JGB wrote:

That looks like some PO added on a light. I'm guessing that's a candelabra or medium base bulb.[/quote
Thanks tried both of those bulbs the one that fits is a E14 bulb 14 mm. It is the original light fixture the light bulb gets power but does not light up
JGB
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Tried both of those bulbs no luck the bulb that fits is a E14. It is the original light fixture light bulb gets power when the puck is hook up to the car or using the battery on inside of puck. The problem now is the bulb gets power but does not light up.
Mike Fisher
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

Bulbman has had every bulb I've ever asked for! Shocked
https://bulbman.com/
two 57 oval ragtops sold
'68 Karmann Ghia sold

Society is like stew. If you don't keep it stirred up you end up with a lot of scum on the top! - Russ_Wolfe/Edward Abbey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
JackW
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I recently bought my third Eriba caravan - its a 1995 Eriba Puck that I imported from northern England. Its in exceptionally good shape and has been very well cared for. I'm currently rewiring the trailer from a 240V to a 120V setup.
I previously owned a 1989 Puck and a 1988 Triton but sold the Puck a few years ago and sold the Triton a year and a half ago to move up to a larger fiberglass Escape trailer. I soon saw the error of my ways, sold the Escape in January and went looking for another Puck.

I'm looking forward to my first camping trip in the "new" trailer. Its a perfect match to tow behind my diesel Land Rovers (one of which has even less horsepower than a Westy).

peecee69
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I have a 1968 Eriba Puck shell. What's the first piece of the puzzle to be reinstalled?

Flooring?
Wall Electrical?
Poptop canvas?

Items I've ruled out:
Insulation
Headliner
Sideliner (interior walls)
Plumbing
Cabinetry

I don't plan to put it back to stock, because I want to actually use it, so I'm looking to do the following:

3-way refrigerator
Modern electrical with dual batteries and solar panels for boondocking
Electric water pump
Relocated LP tank to outside

Any help, advice, or information any of you fine people would have to offer is greatly appreciated!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Facebook Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Daddybus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Eriba Pucks Reply with quote

I went with a 12v/110v 2-way trucker fridge. It has a low draw and it's an actual compressor refrigerator rather than a heat pump-type like a 3-way. Refrigerators with compressors cool more efficiently and aren't affected by ambient temperature like heat-pump units.

I went back to a manual pump sink faucet as the electric pump was loud and used more water.

Mine has the original flooring, but could use a new subfloor. I refinished the interior wood and reassembled and reupholstered the furniture (foam padding instead of springs and marine vinyl instead of cloth fabric). I reupholstered in cloth at first, but right after completion my young son pointed out the folly of fabric upholstery (with some grape juice).

peecee69 wrote:
I have a 1968 Eriba Puck shell. What's the first piece of the puzzle to be reinstalled?

Flooring?
Wall Electrical?
Poptop canvas?

Items I've ruled out:
Insulation
Headliner
Sideliner (interior walls)
Plumbing
Cabinetry

I don't plan to put it back to stock, because I want to actually use it, so I'm looking to do the following:

3-way refrigerator
Modern electrical with dual batteries and solar panels for boondocking
Electric water pump
Relocated LP tank to outside

Any help, advice, or information any of you fine people would have to offer is greatly appreciated!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Accessories/Memorabilia/Toys All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96  Next
Jump to:
Page 92 of 96

Jump to: