Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
JohnnyRingo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragman wrote:
I ordered my vintage speed bus muffler, and it was shipped very quickly in excellent foam protective packaging. Hard to believe it came from Taiwan as fast as it did.

Quality is superb.

I got the lowered bus high flow one (even though I'm stock height) + heat riser option + heater box option for flanged heater boxes.

I had to custom fit the flanges on the stainless muffler, which made me abit nervous....I'm running the flanged cip1 high flow heater boxes.

1) measured 20 times
2) cut the stainless tubes with a cutting wheel.
3) came up with where I wanted the flanges welded on the muffler
4) took it to a local shop and had them tig weld the flanges

Overall, I am very pleased with the muffler. It seems to flow great, and it is not overly loud. It even has a little of the stock tweet sound a stock bus muffler has. Expensive, but worth it!

Here are some pictures.

Thanks Mr Lee!
Why did you have to custom fit the flanges on ss pipe?
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

ntnse64
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Vintage Speed Super Flow Exhaust Reply with quote

I've emailed MT Lee back and forth a few times over the past year with product questions as well as watched as many YouTube videos as possible of the Vintage Speed Exhaust Systems. I probably spend way to much time researching things to make sure I'll be happy as well as not get ripped off, but that's how I am. I'm always concerned it will annoy those I'm working with.

MT has been awesome to work with always promplty answering questions and doing anything he can to help make the experience perfect. So, I finally ordered the Type 1 Super Flow exhaust to use with heater boxes in the early spring/late fall and with J-tubes during the summer. I have extremely high expectations and am usually disappointed but not this time. My exhaust was custom made upon ordering and I also had it within two weeks.

Let me tell you it looks incredible and exceeded my expectations in every way. Perfectly packed in expanding foam with the adapters and accessories.
So anyway, I will get it put on over the New Year's weekend and have no doubt I will be extremely satisfied. I can't wait for spring to come and have this project done and driving.

Thanks MT and everyone at Vintage Speed for an awesome product and experience...already know what else I want to purchase. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Matt G
Boise, ID
VolksONER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at this exhaust and the A-1 sidewinder for a while now. Based off these reviews I'm going with the vintage speed. I emailed MT Lee with a couple questions earlier and got a quick response. Placing order tomorrow.

Just wondering if anyone has a pic of the lowered bus style installed without rear bumper? My bus is pretty low, I have a single empi quiet pack that sits about 2" off the ground. I want to get an idea of how much clearance I'll get.

Thanks
Stonie
splitbus.nl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is how all company,s must think about quality
got the short shifter 100%
VWsArent4Hippies
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered an exhaust for my bus a couple of months ago and finally got around to installing it. Customer service couldn't of been better, and the fit/quality of the product didn't let me down either. Definitely a good transaction!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bunkington
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered a sport shifter on a Monday and had it on a Friday. From Taiwan! Shipping was $30 which is very reasonable for that quick a turnaround. Unit is top notch - very satisfied!

Now I am looking at buying an exhaust. Does anybody have any pics of the sport muffler on a ghia? I have a 2054cc with a 110 cam and 40x35 valves - probably near 120hp. Can I still use the heater boxes and the sport muffler? I am really interested in a quieter exhaust than the bugpack hideaway I have currently.

Thanks!
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyRingo wrote:
Why did you have to custom fit the flanges on ss pipe?
Ragman wrote:
I ordered my vintage speed bus muffler, and it was shipped very quickly in excellent foam protective packaging. Hard to believe it came from Taiwan as fast as it did.

Quality is superb.

I got the lowered bus high flow one (even though I'm stock height) + heat riser option + heater box option for flanged heater boxes.

I had to custom fit the flanges on the stainless muffler, which made me abit nervous....I'm running the flanged cip1 high flow heater boxes.

1) measured 20 times
2) cut the stainless tubes with a cutting wheel.
3) came up with where I wanted the flanges welded on the muffler
4) took it to a local shop and had them tig weld the flanges

Overall, I am very pleased with the muffler. It seems to flow great, and it is not overly loud. It even has a little of the stock tweet sound a stock bus muffler has. Expensive, but worth it!

Here are some pictures.

Thanks Mr Lee!

Mr Lee said they did not have a set of bugpack hi-flow boxes, so they didn't know where to put the flanges. So, he just sent me some extra flanges, and I had a local guy weld them for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VolksONER
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my exhaust last Friday. Installed it in about an hour. Looks and sounds beautiful. Very well made. Only issue I have is I wish it tucked up a little higher. My bus sits really low even with the bags fully up I only have about 5" from the bottom of the muffler to the ground. I've already banged it up a bit on speed bumps and driveways. My next project is making a hurst inspired rear bumper with a skidplate to protect the exhaust. Wish me luck.
Coast Cruiser
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got mine !
T2a hidden tail pipe sport muffler.
Ordered the 5th march.
At home (France) the 14th march.
Awesome part !!

--

--

--

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
brickhaus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Ordered the heater type exhaust for my oval last Wednesday, had a little trouble with trying to pay by credit card,ended up using PayPal the next day (should have gone that way from the beginning, as VS doesn't charge you extra for it). I missed the delivery yesterday (Thursday ) and picked it up this morning at the post office. One week shipped from date of payment, WELL packed and like someone earlier posted, not a smudge or a fingerprint on it (until I fondled and drewled on it a little of course!). Can't ask for better than that!! The quality of the product is impressive even off the car. Every weld is beautiful, the flanges are nice and thick, and if it performas as good as it looks, I will be using these on my other cars as well ( after my fun-fund is replenished !). Hopefully it will last long enough to justify it's expense, but for now, before I've put it on, it sure is pretty....
BTW Mr. Lee was very helpful answering question via email extremely promptly at all stages of the purchase, even after I bone-headedly forgot to include the order# on the PayPal transaction.
Can't wait to get one of their classic 13.5 shifters....
Quality outfit, enough said.

57 Oval Ragtop
60 Single cab
71 Westfalia
63 Heilite 2-wheel
67 Wards Riverside (under resurrection)
72 Triumph Bonneville
thebooger
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after reading reviews and staring at pictures for awhile, I decided to treat myself to a new stainless exhaust system from Vintage Speed. I got my superflow system today in the mail, and MAN is it SWEET!! I cant wait to get it on my car and hear it play music. Thanks VS for making a sweet product, keep up the good work! You won't be able to wipe the smile off my face right now. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
dreadnotmusic
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarely do you find a combination of superior craftsmanship and amazing customer service. Vintage Speed is amazing. My exhaust is a work of art.

I regret having to install the engine and not be able see it Laughing
ldsvwguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of questions for you guys about the exhaust systems. I have a 1960 double cab (built 12/59) and am Interested in running the 155-206-05200 or the 155-207-5200 exhaust. I do not have heater boxes but might in the future. I guess I will need the j- pipes. Will this fit? What else will I need to get it working?
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldsvwguy wrote:
I have a couple of questions for you guys about the exhaust systems. I have a 1960 double cab (built 12/59) and am Interested in running the 155-206-05200 or the 155-207-5200 exhaust. I do not have heater boxes but might in the future. I guess I will need the j- pipes. Will this fit? What else will I need to get it working?
Please email me to : [email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just received their shift knob in ivory with built in shift pattern.
A small detail item for my black '62 beetle.
Let me say that the care those guys put even to send such a small order like this is awesome, and the knob is very well designed and made.
I will soon order a complete exhaust and a classic 10.5 sport shifter for my sedan.
Thanks MrLee!
ldsvwguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my exhaust and j-tube set up and I have to say the craftsmanship is superb. Welds are beautiful and the exhaust is solid. It fit incredibly well and is a much better install and fit compared to the A-1 setup I had before.

Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ldsvwguy wrote:
I received my exhaust and j-tube set up and I have to say the craftsmanship is superb. Welds are beautiful and the exhaust is solid. It fit incredibly well and is a much better install and fit compared to the A-1 setup I had before.

that rear end looks so sweet!
gitchesum
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see that muffler with the sideways ex pipe on the site anywhere...for as bug...

57 SC
61 rag w/356B brakes
61 356B
Honda XLR 250, 69 Z50, Yamaha 100 Enduro...and others.
GMC SLT 4x4 Dmax
Kubota L3710, not enuf attachments.
And various VW's that come and go...
emoynier
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a Shifter from Vintage Speed, and got it in 5 days, super fast.
NCdad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked up the Superflow 155-203-052SF and J-Tubes 155-200-03800
38mm ( 1.5" ) Perfect for my new 1956cc motor.
Sound's Great! Looks Great!
Thanks to everyone who answered my questions.

MT Lee got me the info I was needing fast!
They have very fast shipping!

Having the Built in M18x1.5 nuts, for Lamda sensor will help dial in my Dellorto 40's with an AFR meter!

a few pics to share!

Some Sounds of it when I ran at Shadyside Dragway.

Link

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: