Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
Cal-Neva speed shop
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so happy with how the sale went and the quality of the stainless exhaust. I bought the exhaust for my 1962 double cab on Saturday night from 10-27, it was shipped Monday and arrived today Wednesday 10-31! All the way from Taiwan! The packaging was fantastic and the product blew me away. My first thought was this thing is beautiful! It literally took only 45 mins or less to remove my old rusty exhaust and install vintage speeds stainless exhaust. It fits like a glove! It's amazing how well it's fits. It looks so good, rather then the big exhaust that stuck out like a sore thumb that I had on there. 5 stars guys! Buy an exhaust system from Vintage Speed, I promise you will be extremely satisfied. I know I am! Money very well spent!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

58deluxerag
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a Vintage Speed Bus shifter for my '65 Sundial Camper.

Quality looks great, having difficulty adjusting it so that the reverse lock out works 100%.

*FYI* when buying from them you may receive an invoice from FEDEX wanting you to pay the duities, tax, customs an other fees. After paying $50 already in shipping I would have thought it would have been taken care of. In contact now with seller to try and resolve this issue.

Hopefully I can get this thing adjusted properly. It made no difference weather or not I had the supplied 6mm spacer under the shifter.

'58 Binz
'58 Beetle Ragtop
'65 Sundial

Last edited by 58deluxerag on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will soon be ordering a VS for my beetle this will be my third VS exhaust, after seeing how good the last two were I will not buy anything else.
Dave
911pickup
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently ordered a 'Speedster' shifter from them. When ordering, asked if I could have the shaft shortened by one inch and the shaft/shifter color changed to ivory. They said it wouldn't be a problem and did the changes for free. It was delivered on time and the quality looks excellent.
I'll definitely deal with them again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
VWBusNut
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Fresh air hose attachment Reply with quote

Hi,
Can anyone post some photos of how to best route the fresh air hose around the very tight #2 exhaust connector pipe? I just don't see a really nice clean install on my 64 Bus. The hose touches and fries on the fiberglass covering.
Have any of you made a custom pipe from the heater box to the hole in the tin? How would that best be done? Maybe a muffler shop?

Thanks,
Chris
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
billkoolguy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a VS exhaust on my type 1 and I love the look, sound, and performance. The only issue I have now is that I went to set up my O2 sensor after a few months of running the exhaust and the bung plugs are frozen in!! Both plugs and bungs were completely destroyed during the removal and now I need new SS bungs and SS plugs!! Sooo pissed since my wideband was all set and ready to rock!!! I should have broke them loose and anti seized or copper coated the threads prior to use and that might have helped.....So if you have the exhaust try the plugs first!!!! Mine were in there tighter then a gladnut....
BGAirForce
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered and received a license plate holder from VS. Shipping was AWESOME and fast! Outstanding communication, and an amazing product. Checking out the included catalog for my next purchase. Thank you Vintage Speed!

BGAirForce
03cobra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Amazingly Fast Service & Quality Reply with quote

I settled in on a 13.5 shifter for my 64 bug project after looking at all the options for its more traditional appearance combined with good performance. I ordered on a Wed and it was at my door on the following Monday in way better shape than anything I have ordered domestically recently. I don't know how they do it but the customer service, quality and speed that Vintage Speed produces should make the domestic locals more than a little nervous. Super stoked on my shifter and will order from VS again with no reservations.
TM
Santa Cruz, CA
ellefty73
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MT Lee was very helpful with my purchase of my custom exhaust system, he made it to my specs and only took less than a week, and only four days of shipping travel! Packaging was superb as is the exhaust, thanks Vintage Speed!!!
Bren
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered a Superflow exhaust for my '69 bay bus through AirCooled.Net. Arrived today direct from Vintage Speed.

It looks incredible. Very well packaged too.
I can't wait to get this installed!

Thanks Vintage Speed!

www.thegoodvolks.com
www.us131msp.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
IN2RUST
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my Vintage speed exaust a few weeks ago on a monday and recieved it that Thursday from Tiawan. Super fast ship. These guy's have thier shit together! Super easy install and it sounds AWESOME! Love it!
Red Fau Veh
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a bay bus unit with heater box adapters for 1.5" flanged boxes. It is the sport model for non lowered buses, it is 1.5 tubing. We decided to mod the heater boxes by cutting the flanges off and welding on our own flanges extended to fit. This puts the weld over the mustache bar and not a flange and bolt arrangement. Fits well, and looks hellaflush hehe. Cool It's on a 1776 Gene Berg engine. It is an awesome exhaust system, only thing I didn't like is the tip of this muffler was bent during shipping because it didn't have enough packing material on the end of the box. Sad

1961 Swivel Seat camper, L345 grey
Touch Nicks Thing wrote:
Swivel Seat panels are for people with no friends Crying or Very sad
azbob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the lowered bus exhaust. Had to do some tweeking on the flanges to get the exhaust to seal. One of the welds warped #4 exhaust manifold where it connects to the muffler. Had to spend some time machining it flat to get a close seal and then hammer it to create tension so the manifold to muffler would seal. I'm thinking I may run into some issues down the line with this manifold since there is probably less than 1/8th" space of surface between the inside and outside of the flange. Hopefully not.

Also got a $18 bill from FedEx after paying $90 for shipping. Not to happy on that at all.

Over all, second vintage speed exhaust I've bought, it sounds great. Looks great. Who ever welded this thing has some skills. Only a minor headache with exhaust leak but not to big of a deal to fix.

EDIT: Heard back from Vintagespeed, the $18 is import tax. Make sure you account for that in your budget as it isn't mentioned anywhere throughout the purchasing process.
rabidbeetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic seller,highly recommend mt and his products.His customer service is second to none.Buy with confidence
Thank you mt

Cheers,
Pete
donald.lemay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Awsome Reply with quote

I bought my 42mm fully balanced exhaust from MT Lee and couldn't be happier. His communication was very fast, shipping just as fast. I have a standard height bus with the original exit and it looks beautiful.
Thank you
Also sounds great
ported polished heads 40x36 valves
010 distributor
VS 42mm exhaust
40 IDF carbs
409scott
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Beetle front license plate brackets Reply with quote

Bought a set of these brackets...Great fit, look real nice and shipped quickly !!
LowNSlowSquare
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the Black Mamba Clubsport shifter from Vintage Speed and I am absolutely stoked. The craftsmanship is unmatched and it shifts like a dream. It makes driving my squareback that much better, and it looks wicked cool in the car. Thanks for everything Vintage Speed.
vw505
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the super flow muffler PN-155-203-450SF on my Porsche 914. looks and sounds great.
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just ordered more parts fron Vintage Speed and cannot fault their communication as they responded very quickly to my emails.
I have had nothing but great experiances with this compay
Dave
jhicken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note or recognition of a nice quality part from Vintage Speed. I just installed one of their deck lid stand-off brackets on my '69. Installation was simple, the quality of the part was excellent, and the fact that the way is was engineered, it allowed an adjustment for slightly "tweeked" decklid/aprons.

Nice job guys!

-jeffrey
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: