Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
sunbugone
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good quality product and one of the best looking on the market today. It does have its installation flaws. I bought a 1.5" sport exhaust for my bay window. I had to cut the flanges on the heater boxes for them to fit correctly. I welded a double flange on the passenger side. A couple hours of extra work I wasn't expecting. The tailpipe position blackens my white bumper but I see they've changed the position on the new ones.
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bab28csus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Custom Door puller, Polished Stainless Steel, all years Reply with quote

What is this? Where does this go on door? Have a mounted picture??

Custom Door puller, Polished Stainless Steel, all years
157-691-11888
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Door puller, Polished Stainless Steel, all years Reply with quote

bab28csus wrote:
What is this? Where does this go on door? Have a mounted picture??

Custom Door puller, Polished Stainless Steel, all years
157-691-11888

Link : http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=706872
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Vintage Speed decklid standoff for father's day. Very nice quality, fit and finish is very nice.
No installation diagram though, so I guessed on putting the washer behind the panel. Still not sure what to do with the white oval piece of felt.
Installation fit was perfect, and the adjustment was very nice.
Stock SP, Bosch vac advance
30PICT-3 swapped to a 30PICT-1

"At least I know that I don't know. Question is are you bozos smart enough to feel stupid? Hope so"

durhamfirecaptain wrote:
Wow, we have VW's in North Carolina?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
73stroker
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grifter wrote:

Got a Vintage Speed decklid standoff for father's day. Very nice quality, fit and finish is very nice.
No installation diagram though, so I guessed on putting the washer behind the panel. Still not sure what to do with the white oval piece of felt.
Installation fit was perfect, and the adjustment was very nice.

I bought one of these as well. Agree with Grifter on fit and finish as well as the extra pieces. Overall satisfied.
A-1 Sidewinder
akomjathy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Dehne fuel gauge Reply with quote

The part is a great reproduction!! Excellent sevice; communication, packaging, shipping time is perfect!! I received the part within 6 days, after my payment.
Thanks very much from Budapest! Attila
Supa74
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:13 pm    Post subject: Buyer and Seller Feedback Vintage Speed Reply with quote

i recently ordered a Black Mamba Schwarz MKII shifter on 11th and it arrived on the 18th. im highly impressed with the quality of the shifter, it has a nice solid feel, smooth and just right. i also enjoyed the literature, stickers n etc that came inside the box, if i find anything else, i'll be ordering again. top quality, top products. its well worth the cost. i highly recommend this store to anyone.
hill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the VS speedster shifter for over a year and it just seems to get better with age. A beautifully machined shifter top to bottom and a big improvement over stock VW. It's a little more notchy than my previous Empi/Berg/typical finger lift ring aftermarket shifter but doesn't use the ugly lift ring handles and is so solidly built that it must be able to outlast any other shifter available.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've recently bought their new dual carb linkage to replace my trusty Scat push/pull setup because the shift rods mount low to the engine case at the swivel so won't need bending to avoid my heat tubes. VS also incorporates a return spring and I'd been relying on the Weber springs which sometimes didn't come back to idle well. Also, everything is stainless instead of the flexy aluminum of the Scat.

A couple of little things though: one is that the mounting base hole spacing (it's designed to use the front two alternator support bolts for mounting) was a little off. I had to mill out both mounting holes toward each other in order to fit on my 1600 DP case. Making it with oblong holes would fix it.

The other thing is that the alternator stand I'm using is aftermarket and has more metal at the front (front of car) than an OEM version. To make the VS mounting base fit it needs to come back about 1/8" by milling out the area between the bolt holes. I've got a Bridgeport mill so fixing this was a two minute job but for someone doing it with files it could be pretty tedious. VS just needs to look at all possible customer configurations and remove metal to allow easy fiting on any engine.
Overall I like the linkage a bunch. It's much better than the Scat version because of better design, materials, and operation yet is still only about half the price of the set that's made in Germany. It is about $40. more than the Scat however.
57dbldoorpanel
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on my second Vintage speed exhaust. I bought one for my lowered bus. The fit and finish were great. I just installed the single tip for a 36hp for my 55 RHD bug. I am equally impressed. It is very quiet and has noticeable power increase. Worth every penney.
Jzsquared
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another satisfied customer I received my exhaust yesterday and can't tell you how happy I am with it. Great job guys

vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jzsquared wrote:
Another satisfied customer I received my exhaust yesterday and can't tell you how happy I am with it. Great job guys

Thank you so much.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Equal length header exhaust Reply with quote

We ordered the exhaust thinking we could use the j- pipes that we had left from a previous VS exhaust where we used heater boxes. Rolling Eyes After recieving the muffler I relized that the J pipes were'nt going to work. The equal length headers were a complete different configuration. So we had to order the headers seperate. Kevin gave us a great deal on the second order.We are very greatful for his understanding of our misunderstanding.
Now we have his products are on our 61 vert and our 61 15 window. It has some of the most beatiful welds I've ever seen. It's a very high quality exhaust and I recomend it to everyone I talk to.

Thanks Kevin
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recieved my shifter
Great service , 5 day delivery to South Australia.
Top quality as usual
Thanks
truelinebob
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the 38mm competition exhaust on my 58 beetles 1914, very pricey but it is a work of art and everything was a perfect fit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truelinebob wrote:
Here is the 38mm competition exhaust on my 58 beetles 1914, very pricey but it is a work of art and everything was a perfect fit.

Thank you so much.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject: exhaust part customer testimonial Reply with quote

These folks are trustworthy; I got excellent service dealing with them
Russ
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feedback goes along ways and it's the first thing I check now when I want to purchase anything from the samba.

I ordered license brackets and shipping was quick the product looks great I am very happy.
I used an A-1 exhaust on my last car but leaning towards one of their set ups as I am really liking the look

thanks guys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kab_Ride
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

I purchased the 1-1/2" (38mm) lowered exhaust (part #155-207-05000) for my '66 Double Cab. I put off this purchase for several months and now I kick myself for not buying this exhaust much sooner. The quality is fantastic and it fit perfectly with no issues. Ther is now much more clearance between the exhaust and rear apron. Also this exhaust is MUCH quieter than the previous exhaust and I really appreciate not having to drop the muffler to adjust valves.

Customer service was great with quick replies to all of my emails both pre and post-purchase.

I would highly recommend this company and this exhaust for your split bus.
mkowalch
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Does 155-233-057SF fit a 73 bug? I don't have exhaust cutouts on my rear apron.
frogman_94
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Are they ever going to produce a dual exhaust for the 1973 Thing? I hate the look of the current Thing exhaust with the muffler across the back. It also makes the rear bumper extremely hot. I want to go back to an original looking exhaust.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: