Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
earlywesty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do either of the type 2 splitty exhaust tailpipes go low enough to clear the straight apron of early busses 55-59? Without the single cut out (busses that originally had 36hp engines)... My '55 now has an 1800 and I need an exhaust system that empties below the factory straight apron....

Thanks,
Eric
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
Do either of the type 2 splitty exhaust tailpipes go low enough to clear the straight apron of early busses 55-59? Without the single cut out (busses that originally had 36hp engines)... My '55 now has an 1800 and I need an exhaust system that empties below the factory straight apron....

Thanks,
Eric
Hello Eric, The 155-207-05000 will not fit. Not only the tail pipe, but also the muffler will not clear the rear apron.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
misterstiles
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed a Vintagespeed muffler for a customer's '71 Type 2a. The quality is amazing. Installed easily. WORTH EVERY CENT.

One problem: the muffler won't fit under the bulky VWoA over-riders, which of course weren't ever offered in Tiawan. The exhaust exits EXACTLY where the bumperette is located on the rear bumper. If Vintagespeed were to exend the pipe 4 inches more and then attach their exit pipe, it would fit. Now I either have to mod the bumperette, or mod the exhaust. Since the exhaust is soooo nice, I think I'll mod the bumperette...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
DiggerD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the 42mm exhaust for lowered bus from Mr. Lee, finally got around to installing it and it was a breeze. I think this is the first VW exhaust that I didn't need to tweak, bend, or try to force it to fit. Everything fell right into place and the sound is awesome! If you are looking for a quality product that fits like it should, you can't go wrong with Vintagespeed!
shanemed
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: installed on 1915cc Reply with quote

We just installed the Super Flow exhaust - wow, it looks great! Also installed on this car is the Black Mamba shifter. Amazing customer service and lightning fast responses! Thank you, the crew @ folksWerks!
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
[/url]
Qvazi
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought few weeks ago dehne fuel gauge from vwtaiwan. Good seller and quick shipping.
...but I have a little problem, seller does not know which electrical sending unit will be fit to his dehne fuel gauge. In my opinion, if someone sells the item as Dehne fuel gauge, should know where customer can buy sending unit to his dehne or he should have it on offer.
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qvazi wrote:
I bought few weeks ago dehne fuel gauge from vwtaiwan. Good seller and quick shipping.
...but I have a little problem, seller does not know which electrical sending unit will be fit to his dehne fuel gauge. In my opinion, if someone sells the item as Dehne fuel gauge, should know where customer can buy sending unit to his dehne or he should have it on offer.
We have sending unit info at the online store.. You can find it here: http://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/index.php?page=sh...;Itemid=80
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Split 1 wrote:
And here it is fitted, no way will this bottom out.
There is no sound differance between this ands the normal one so its perfect

One of the best companies I have had the pleasure to deal with

Dave

Does anything think this tailpipe might put soot on the rear bumper? just wondering since the tailpipe isn't below and past the bumper. Can someone with this lowered version comment on that?

Thanks-
Split 1
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it doesnt cause soot to go on the bumper.
Mind you I have a new engine thats in perfect tune so it doesnt blow smoke.
Best exhausts I have ever fitted.
Will not use anything else now.
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the info!
vwchad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have pictures of the 42mm Super Flow muffler on a Bug with a Berg traction bar installed? I have another exhaust I was going to put on my '63 bug with a 2110 w/IDA's. I don't like how close everything is to that other exhaust or the fact that I have to remove the muffler to adjust the valves or the fact that I can't use my traction bar with it. Considering the 42mm Super Flow exhaust instead. How far below the apron does the muffler extend on a bug? Does it hang lower than a 1.5qt sump? One last thing; I have stock length rods, but approximately 2.5mm in cylinder shims on each side. The website says 2mm max w/stock rods. Is there 1mm wiggle room there? I know that is a lot of questions, but thanks in advance!
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwchad wrote:
Anyone have pictures of the 42mm Super Flow muffler on a Bug with a Berg traction bar installed? I have another exhaust I was going to put on my '63 bug with a 2110 w/IDA's. I don't like how close everything is to that other exhaust or the fact that I have to remove the muffler to adjust the valves or the fact that I can't use my traction bar with it. Considering the 42mm Super Flow exhaust instead. How far below the apron does the muffler extend on a bug? Does it hang lower than a 1.5qt sump? One last thing; I have stock length rods, but approximately 2.5mm in cylinder shims on each side. The website says 2mm max w/stock rods. Is there 1mm wiggle room there? I know that is a lot of questions, but thanks in advance!

Hi Chad, Vintage speed exhaust systems will clear GB traction bars, and muffler is above 1.5q oil sump. We do build wider header for stroker engine without additional cost. Thank you so much.
MyBows Tokyo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are the exclusive distributor of their products in Japan.

He always willingly accepts our special requests for making mufflers.

Please check our blog for details.
http://mybows.skynetblogs.be/archive/2011/04/09/th...-week.html

My bows
1-28-21 Nishimizumoto Katsushika-ku
Tokyo 125-0031 JAPAN
Tel +813-5648-3191
Fax +813-5648-3192
E-mail [email protected]
Web-site(Japanese) http://www.mybows-depot.net/
Blog (English) http://mybows.skynetblogs.be/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Facebook Classifieds Feedback
vwchad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the pictures with the traction bar on there. That looks great. I purchased a different exhaust system for my car and I now regret not buying a Vintage Speed exhaust. The quality of my system is really good and it fits well, but it has some serious disadvantages that the Vintage Speed system does not. If I can sell my current system, then I'll be ordering one from VS. If I order one from VS, what measurements do I need to provide to get one that will fit my engine?
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwchad wrote:
Thank you for the pictures with the traction bar on there. That looks great. I purchased a different exhaust system for my car and I now regret not buying a Vintage Speed exhaust. The quality of my system is really good and it fits well, but it has some serious disadvantages that the Vintage Speed system does not. If I can sell my current system, then I'll be ordering one from VS. If I order one from VS, what measurements do I need to provide to get one that will fit my engine?
Let me know cylinders shims thickness, and I can build one exhaust system for you.
vwchad
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwtaiwan wrote:
vwchad wrote:
Let me know cylinders shims thickness, and I can build one exhaust system for you.

My engine has 2.5mm shims under the cylinders. I just need to sell my current exhaust before I can order the new one from you. I hope it will be soon. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
empiparts
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want one for a '66 bus, 2100cc engine. And I want to keep my westy trailer hitch. What are my options? Anybody already fitted one with a trailer hitch?
Would use a Superflow or a Sport muffler, Standard tail pie or hidden?

Thank You guys for any input!!

Regards,
Kurt.
57 semaphored 23 Window
66 Sprintstarred 21 Window
67 DC needs resto - need NOS sheetmetal
67 oldschool Cal Look BRM'ed beetle with factory Ragtop
74 1303 convertible

Empi Hunter

Flatline Lowriders member
http://flatline-lowriders.skynetblogs.be/

Kweenony Music Squad
http://kweenony.skynetblogs.be/
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

empiparts wrote:
I want one for a '66 bus, 2100cc engine. And I want to keep my westy trailer hitch. What are my options? Anybody already fitted one with a trailer hitch?
Would use a Superflow or a Sport muffler, Standard tail pie or hidden?

Thank You guys for any input!!

Regards,
Kurt.

Hi Kurt, I am sorry. Vintage Speed exhaust system for split window BUS, will not clear trailer hitch.

MT Lee
VW66GUY
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:08 am    Post subject: vintage speed type 2 exhaust Reply with quote

I have been running the Vintage Speed "lowered bus" exhaust on my 2007 cc dual 40 weber engine in a 58 panel for about 6 weeks and it is awesome!!! Great quality, looks and sound as well as excellent performance!! This exhaust is probably the best on the marketl!!! My only warning is that I had to tweak my rear apron slightly to make the exhaust fit (VW Taiwan states that this exhaust system fits 60 and up, which is probably why I had to tweak my 58 apron). I am extremely happy with the system I bought and highly recommend this exhaust system to anyone that wants a quality exhaust system.
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: vintage speed type 2 exhaust Reply with quote

VW66GUY wrote:
I have been running the Vintage Speed "lowered bus" exhaust on my 2007 cc dual 40 weber engine in a 58 panel for about 6 weeks and it is awesome!!! Great quality, looks and sound as well as excellent performance!! This exhaust is probably the best on the marketl!!! My only warning is that I had to tweak my rear apron slightly to make the exhaust fit (VW Taiwan states that this exhaust system fits 60 and up, which is probably why I had to tweak my 58 apron). I am extremely happy with the system I bought and highly recommend this exhaust system to anyone that wants a quality exhaust system.
Thank you so much!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: