Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Yesterday
jumpman44
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:28 am    Post subject: Another satisfied customer Reply with quote

I finally got around to putting my new exhaust on my 71 Ghia vert with a FAT 1915, dual weber 44's. It went on very easy and I encountered no problems. So far I am very happy with all aspects of my new exhaust. It is well-built, sounds great, and going from a OEM "pea shooter" my engine seems to be running much happier. Thank you !!

"If you have to feed it or paint it, it's probably a bad deal."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Ragman
The Sambinator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered my vintage speed bus muffler, and it was shipped very quickly in excellent foam protective packaging. Hard to believe it came from Taiwan as fast as it did.

Quality is superb.

I got the lowered bus high flow one (even though I'm stock height) + heat riser option + heater box option for flanged heater boxes.

I had to custom fit the flanges on the stainless muffler, which made me abit nervous....I'm running the flanged cip1 high flow heater boxes.

1) measured 20 times
2) cut the stainless tubes with a cutting wheel.
3) came up with where I wanted the flanges welded on the muffler
4) took it to a local shop and had them tig weld the flanges

Overall, I am very pleased with the muffler. It seems to flow great, and it is not overly loud. It even has a little of the stock tweet sound a stock bus muffler has. Expensive, but worth it!

Here are some pictures.

Thanks Mr Lee!

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my short shifter,it looks awesome,I will post back after I install it,only thing was I asked for aivory "4speed" knob,but received a "black 5 speed knob".... Confused
I have requested the correct knob be sent and will hopefully receive it soon. Does anybody need a black "5 speed" knob??
BTW the product looks very well made and shipping was incredibly fast......A+ on everything but the incorrect shift knob.
Aloha
808OvalGreasemonkey
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vintagespeed sent me the correct knob within a week,excellent service and I will say again that their short shifter is a AWESOME product and works just as good as it looks.
Great job Vintagespeed.! Aloha
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

808OvalGreasemonkey wrote:
Just received my short shifter,it looks awesome,I will post back after I install it,only thing was I asked for aivory "4speed" knob,but received a "black 5 speed knob".... Confused
I have requested the correct knob be sent and will hopefully receive it soon. Does anybody need a black "5 speed" knob??
BTW the product looks very well made and shipping was incredibly fast......A+ on everything but the incorrect shift knob.
Aloha
The 5 Speed knob is for Gene Berg 5 speed transmission, I am sorry for the wrong parts shipped.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the decklid standoff for my 67 beetle. Nice craftsmanship, super packaging. It does give a bit more lift than the old tennis ball trick, but not too much. Still looks clean. Once my Paypal payment cleared, I shipped on a Sunday and got here on a Friday. Came register mail and luckily I was home at lunch to sign for it. Superior product. I'll order again!

"Brakes, they just slow you down." - Stuart Jones
maggiolino basso
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Vintage Speed Decklid Stand-off Reply with quote

I am super happy with the Vintage Speed decklid stand-off. As soon as Paypal cleared the pkg shipped! Quicker shipping than I have had from stateside suppliers. As you can see in the pic the quality of the product is A-1! It was supplied with an Allen key to aid in installation. It took me less than five minutes to install. Super happy and will buy from Vintage Speed again.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Vdubdreamin
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my Vintage speed exhaust system last week and installed today,

The total experience was great,online order was easy with email

confirmations along the way,any questions i had were answered promptly

great product,construction and sound, Would buy from them again
Islandman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered the 38mm for 1.9 Beetle on 29 Aug. Arrived at my doorstep on 6 Sep (Wow! Thats fast). Mr. Lee took the time to call me to sort out the order. Exhaust system is extremely well built and fits perfectly. System was packed in molded two part foam. These guys obviously take pride in the products they provide.

My Bug will see more Vintage Speed items in the near future. Very Happy

Thanks Mr. Lee

W. Maynard
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a couple real fast responses to my questions via e-mail about which bus exhaust i should order, I order on 9/1/11 and I received it on the 12th W.O.W!
Packaging was top notch as was the product. went on with no problems and
I couldn't be more happier with my new exhaust.
I will post pics soon.
Thanks again
Mr.Lee
Earl.

Looking for front kick panels for late 63' Deluxe Basalt Gray
60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
Cuņado Wear
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: New Muffler Reply with quote

Here are the pictures of my muffler being installed. Great product, thank you Mr.Lee, could not be happier!

60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: New Muffler Reply with quote

daddymac1vw wrote:
Here are the pictures of my muffler being installed. Great product, thank you Mr.Lee, could not be happier!
Thank you so much.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Lee
I have since put about 500 miles on my bus after install of my new muffler from
you. I want to thank you for such a great product!!! My bus is like a new bus to me, more power sounds great and my engine now runs sooo much cooler than ever before.power is smooth threw out all rpm ranges. also i'm getting better mileage too. As soon as I can afford to I will be ordering a muffler for my convertible also.
Thanks Again
Earl.

60' Double Cab
63' 15 Window Deluxe
R&DvwENG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered mine tonight, had trouble with the credit card transaction page. I emailed Mr. MT Lee, he apologized. Took care of me in no time, he offered to throw in a T-Shirt and a few stickers for the trouble.

I can't wait for it to come in so I can install it right away. It's going on a 66 bug with a mild 1776. I've had a handfull of exhaust systems over the past few years, and haven't found a keeper till now. This is the last exhaust system you'll ever buy. Which will save you money versus buying over systems and mufflers that don't last. Quiet packs and other mufflers lose their ability to stay quiet or keep their tone over the years, This system does not.

Thanks Mr. MT Lee!
Marshall from Dallas TX
R&DvwENG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my exhaust system faster than I get parts that are shipped from inside the US! The packing was excellent, He even through in a cool keychain and stickers because I had trouble paying through the website.

Rapid responses via email, excellent care & service, and the Exhaust was GRADE A!! Buy one exhaust system for your VW and never buy another one...HIGHLY RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING FROM VINTAGE SPEED, You won't be disappointed!

Thanks again,
Marshall Smith
Ace Radio
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just received my shifter (4 speed black mamba) and it's awesome. Very well designed and constructed. It took about ten days from the time I ordered and I can't wait to install it. It comes with all the necessary hardware and I'm very satisfied at this point... Very Happy
GLHTurbo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you think the lowered bus system would fit under a beetle apron...54 beetle apron, so no pea shooters. This would be a nice alternative to an A1 sidewinder perhaps
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLHTurbo wrote:
do you think the lowered bus system would fit under a beetle apron...54 beetle apron, so no pea shooters. This would be a nice alternative to an A1 sidewinder perhaps
It won't fit.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwtaiwan wrote:
buseric wrote:
Do either of the type 2 splitty exhaust tailpipes go low enough to clear the straight apron of early busses 55-59? Without the single cut out (busses that originally had 36hp engines)... My '55 now has an 1800 and I need an exhaust system that empties below the factory straight apron....

Thanks,
Eric
Hello Eric, The 155-207-05000 will not fit. Not only the tail pipe, but also the muffler will not clear the rear apron.

Do you make a muffler that will fit on early bus aprons 55-59?

Thanks
Eric
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buseric wrote:
vwtaiwan wrote:
buseric wrote:
Do either of the type 2 splitty exhaust tailpipes go low enough to clear the straight apron of early busses 55-59? Without the single cut out (busses that originally had 36hp engines)... My '55 now has an 1800 and I need an exhaust system that empties below the factory straight apron....

Thanks,
Eric
Hello Eric, The 155-207-05000 will not fit. Not only the tail pipe, but also the muffler will not clear the rear apron.

Do you make a muffler that will fit on early bus aprons 55-59?

Thanks
Eric
WE DO NOT HAVE CORRECT EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR PRESS BUMPER BUS AT THIS MOMENT. SORRY ABOUT THAT.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: