Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

vwtaiwan - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: vwtaiwan
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: Today
hertz
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:02 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Just set up my beetle curved shifter.

Now that it’s properly aligned and the lockout plate is set correctly, all I can say is that it is amazing.

Really well made, nice short and clean shift action, and has transformed how the car feels to drive.

Very happy customer!

Josh.
Shortbus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:35 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Very Unsatisfied... They sold me an exhaust that would not fit my application and now will not respond.

Here is what I initially asked:

"SKU 155-207-05038
Can this be ordered with heat risers?

1966 bus. Lowered. 2015cc dual port running a single holly sniper EFI kit (from red-e motor sports) center mounted on a stock manifold. Want the interior of the bus quiet and would like to retain the heat in the manifold. Also plan on running high flow flanged heater boxes.

Let me know.
Thanks,
Chad"

Their response:

"Hi Chad,

We can certainly do the heat risers for you as a custom build. An extra 100 USD for this modification if you wish to proceed.

Please advise.

Regards,

Trent"

A couple months passed and when I was ready to order I sent:

"I think I'm ready to proceed with this... how do I go about ordering custom? Can you send me an invoice?

From below...

SKU 155-207-05038
Can this be ordered with heat risers?

1966 bus. Lowered. 2015cc dual port running a single holly sniper EFI kit (from red-e motor sports) center mounted on a stock manifold. Want the interior of the bus quiet and would like to retain the heat in the manifold. Also plan on running high flow flanged heater boxes.

Thanks,
Chad"

Got this response:

"Hi Chad,

Please provide me with your shipping details INCLUDING your phone number. Will you be making payment on this with PayPal or CC?

Regards,

Trent "

I then proceeded through payment and received the exhaust. They added heat risers as I requested but I found out a couple months later when trying to install the exhaust that it is not designed to work with flanged heater boxes as I called out twice for them. No response to multiple emails over two weeks. I've called and all I get is "No speak english". They have Facebook messenger configured to just send you to their website. Can't find any other way to contact them.

HEY TRENT ... You need to contact me and fix this! ... or I'm going to start getting loud on social media.

As of now, it appears they sold me something they knew was wrong and then ghosted me, leaving me with a very expensive exhaust that I can't use. I'll update if they fix the problem.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!
Bug53
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Be warned.

Purchased air filters for Kadron carbs.

UPDATE:
After receiving the units they seem well built and of quality materials.

But...
First they are hard to get straight answers out of regarding some of thier products and very dodgey with answers forthcoming.
Second they list thier air filter assemblies which I might add come at a very premium price to be supplied with a stainless mesh ( only after asking a couple times) The website lists a K&N filter which also fits their units. After exhaustive chatbot interference the answered me straight out twice that they will in fact fit even after receiving them and seeing they clearly do not.
The velocity stack has to be machined down about 1/4" on the outside to make this at best a snug fit.
So now it's off to the machine shop for me.

BE WARNED. ASK QUESTIONS, LOTS OF QUESTIONS. If its possible with thier chatbot constantly popping in wanting you to play some frigging game.

STAY CLEAR OF THESE CLOWNS.

400 Bucks for a pair of air filter I guess it's extra if you want them to filter air.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
BIGSERG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Has anyone else experienced exhaust drone with vintage speed muffler.

i have a 2.0 type 4 motor on a 1974 vw bus, automatic transmission. i have the equal exhaust headers from vintage speed and ss143 quiet exhaust.

i am experiencing some really bad exhaust drone at 50-65mph . gets louder as RPMS go up and quieter below 50 and don't hear it around town unless rmps get high in second gear.

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62dEOZ9QjBQ&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SergeoGomez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

1970Type2 wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the mid or hidden tailpipe version discolors the bumper due to being what looks like to be directly beneath it?

Also, if I have the stock J-tubes with welded flanges, do I need to match the diameter of the Vintage Speed exhaust tubes to my stock J-tubes? If so, what is that diameter?

Does not having header pipes of equal length really affect performance that much? I have a full-flow 1915cc built by Headflow Masters out of Vista CA on my Bus and it's built for reliability and not performance.

VS recommended that I use 155-710-05200 CLASSIC SPORT EXTREME LOWERED VW BAY WINDOW BUS EXHAUST SYSTEM.

I also plan on reconnected my heater boxes.

Thanks!

https://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/T2B-BAYWINDOW-BU...p179902124

You can contact us :
[email protected]
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the mid or hidden tailpipe version discolors the bumper due to being what looks like to be directly beneath it?

Also, if I have the stock J-tubes with welded flanges, do I need to match the diameter of the Vintage Speed exhaust tubes to my stock J-tubes? If so, what is that diameter?

Does not having header pipes of equal length really affect performance that much? I have a full-flow 1915cc built by Headflow Masters out of Vista CA on my Bus and it's built for reliability and not performance.

VS recommended that I use 155-710-05200 CLASSIC SPORT EXTREME LOWERED VW BAY WINDOW BUS EXHAUST SYSTEM.

I also plan on reconnected my heater boxes.

Thanks!

https://store.vintagespeed.com.tw/T2B-BAYWINDOW-BU...p179902124
grenadeAcorn
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Ordered direct through VS Aug 10th, Exhaust delivered in Washington State Aug 28th

Great communication, exhaust fits, looks and sounds great.

Thanks guys!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

FYI... there's a a pandemic. Many businesses are experiencing supply shortages, shipping issues and short staffs.

Still can't get name brand toilet paper at the local super market.

Just saying.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

I got notified today that my muffler arrived in California and is being shipped.
Thanks
blue72beetle
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

I placed an order over a month ago for a bay window muffler through their US distributor, Ron Lummus Racing. I figured that since it says "In Stock" on their website, that means it's in the US and I'd get it quickly, right?

After 3 weeks of multiple emails to RLR and Vintage Speed asking about the order status, with no responses, Ron Lummus Racing finally replies and says "We'll ask Taiwan about it and let you know" Of course that was over a week ago.

I've been waiting on this muffler to get my bus back on the road for over a month. I expect more for $600.
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

okole wrote:
I'd never have thought that the highest quality stainless exhaust in the aftermarket today would be from Taiwan. Great note, great fitment, seals are excellent. Works on my 181 perfectly.
Thank you so much, and please check my bug

Link

Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

I'd never have thought that the highest quality stainless exhaust in the aftermarket today would be from Taiwan. Great note, great fitment, seals are excellent. Works on my 181 perfectly.
BIGSERG
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

hey guys,

recently got equal length headers and muffler from vintage speed. made a little video with my friend on installing and tips if you wanna check it out.

https://youtu.be/62dEOZ9QjBQ

thanks to ron lummus racing out of anaheim california and Trent over at vintage speed for making it happen.
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

The Type 4 I have is a 2.3 L Camper special. Runs great with this muffler. Sounds more aggressive for sure. I ran a stock muffler while I was getting sorted and loved that too. If anything I'll get a stock one once the plague lifts.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Zed999
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

notchboy wrote:
To Mr. Lee and all the gang over at Vintage Speed. I posted the below to Aircooled.net, but figured it should be mentioned here as well.

Thank you for making quality parts for our ACVW's.

Thank you for prompt and courteous customer service!

Best regards!

notchboy wrote:
In the below post back in 2017, this buyer got caught up in a replacement warranty issue where Aircooled.net was a third party sales person. I bring this up because I just finished dealing with a very similar issue. This is not being posted to express a disjustice or wrongful practice, but more so a disappointment in myself, the system, human nature and lack of genuine, human interaction when selling parts. By system I mean the supply chain for VW parts, not big brother or Alien lizards controlling us Wink Laughing

Bear with me, it's the long way around the barn, but has a good ending.

I purchased a Vintage Speed performance, stainless steel muffler from Aircooled.net in 2016 when I was finishing an expensive T4 Camper Special motor build up for my 77 Westfalia. Absolutely love the muffler. Shipped fast, excellent quality, made the bus sound mean and aggressive but not obnoxious.

Towards the end of last year I started to notice a funny noise like a rattle, tin loose, weird resonance especially at compression stops, like when you let the bus slow down through the motor and clutch. It wasn't bad at first but progressively became worse and predictable. So I chased all the easy stuff, checked screws, bolts, looked for cracks, I asked people I trusted opinions, some I didn't, I even posted a vid for the samba, you know all the usual basic stuff one does when presented with a puzzle that can't be figured out. It wasn't till I had enough guessing and preliminary checking that I acted on my hunch. My good friend Stuart Z was in town, so I enlisted him to do some swapping for me, because at this point, he too was miffed by the ordeal and wanted a conclusive answer. Not before he checked a few things off his list like, valves (not) or broken alternator bracket (not again Laughing ). So he pulled the muffler off of my 74 bus, lucky to have it as most folks wouldn't. Wink While the Vintage Speed muffler was of and before putting another known good muffler on my 77, we did the soft blow hammer test on the suspected culprit. BONG.....ring. Bong.......ring. Something was definitely weird in the Vintage Speed Muffler. The stock muffler was put on the 77 and she purred like a kitten. Noise gone. Lots of noise gone and now my monster performance motor was tamed. Point being, no rattle - as confirmed with a test drive for 30 minutes.

Yes I know, so what's the point? Get to it ok.

Before I did the swap, I enguaged Aircooled.net after reading on my Aircooled.net invoice that Vintage Speed has a 5 year warranty on this part. My issue seemed to fit the stipulations, and this was a $559.00 investment in a quality piece that was about 2 years old (with use) at the time. My email with Aircooled.net was promptly answered by Stephanie. We started to do the information dance. She contacted Vintage Speed, told me she would be the work through to them in getting the issue resolved - hopefully. Mind you lots of this was in a day, a day or two of each email. Things were moving forward fast, great customer service!

Then it all stopped.

Here is the disappointment part. And granted this is my perception of the events that transpired. Stephanie and I were conversing right before Christmas. I wasn't going to expect anything, I also didn't want to deal with much myself. Its Xmas - duh, not a lot should happen. Last email I received from Stephanie was this:

Hello again Jason,
I'm sorry to trouble you with an additional request. But we got a reply from Vintage Speed today, and they asked me to forward their email (below) containing request for video of the rattling noise you have reported.

In the attached Vintage Speed email they basically requested a video be sent on to them of the issue. It wasn't till I let this go through January without resolution, did I re read our transactions carefully. At this point I was getting pissed that the several follow up emails I sent Aircooled.net were going unanswered. I took the requested vid of the issue and replied back to the email - the original email, checked up, waited 38 more days, checked again............ Sad

Still with me and reading?

So at this point, Im looking for dirt. Im mad, my muffler sucks, I hate everyone, I stopped petting the dog. Im looking for some vindication. Mind you I hate being the complainer. Once you start on the internet, people either embrace you or treat you like you have the plague. Rather an unfortunate place to be since you don't want to be in the "death" group of castaways that support you. You want to be back in the sun, froliking and dancing on the beach. So in an attempt to find out if Aircooled.net was a horrible decision, I read the feedback on them. Evil or Very Mad

Think Brick wall

Hey, good for you. This is the part where the below quoted text comes into play. Dancing I came across it and re read my initial dealings with Stephanie. My takeaway was that I needed to include Vintage Speed now? I add the "?" because it definitely did not translate to me with any meaningful impact, ever. I am pretty dense at times, but I was told at the beginning - first email from Aircooled..........:

Hello Jason,
We will facilitate the communication with Vintage Speed through the claim process.
In order to initiate a claim on their 5 year warranty.....bla, bla..........

What she said in that first email stuck! Why should I deal with a vendor you bought parts from and sold to me? I should of just bought it from Vintage Speed then! I say that now but I do get how this works. Having vendors for a product is a far better business model for most. Then you can concentrate on the product. I get it, but still, I am only human, Im driven by emotion, food and the occasional carne asada burrito. The email, that last email from Stephanie did not stick. I didn't get the impression that I was to now take the stick and run! Run Jason, RUN! Rolling Eyes

Laughing

So I read Vintage Speeds seller feedback. Brick wall Lots of praise for a quality part, lots of happy people running on the beach, enjoying the sun. Not me, I was still stuck in poopy pants land, sulking around looking for others to join me in my travesty of justice and wrongful acts of my liberties at the lowest of levels! I was bummed to say the least.

Then I read that Mr. Lee was the guy. He helped "X" with his debacle, he rained Skittle filled sunshine on "Y"'s gloomy day?? I want some skittles Sad So, I emailed him and explained the issue. It all made sense to me, but just like this long story you are reading here, you wonder if the point was put across, did I forget something, do I sound like a whiney biznatch now stuck in the death zone of the internet??? Oh, dear lord, give me the strength. Mr Lee was on it. He immediately reached out and took over. He asked for the vids and the vin off the muffler. Next thing I knew Jacky from VS was emailing me confirming shipping address. Shocked Laughing Here is the invoice for your replacement muffler. Happy days, I'll pinch myself now, but won't believe it till the muffler is here.

So yeah, the muffler is here. Honestly I though for sure this whole thing went bad, I got the shaft, too bad sucker we don't care about you and your stupid muffler problem. I had created a bad world in my head for sure and this after one of my Christmas gifts was a VS muffler for my notchback. Shocked Laughing

Here is the pay off and my point to this long Think what dd I call it? Long way round the..... Laughing Yes, I could of emailed John in the tech email, Stephanie could have been more specific - especially after I sent two emails expressing concern with no acton(hint, hint), I could have realllllyyyyy read it and got it, and emailed or CC'd VS sooner....... Confused In the end, I created a more frustrating time of it all then it need be. To those fortunate enough to read this, keep in mind, we are all just people in the end. Toss in the holidays and good lord, who knows what would happen.

I am a firm believer in supporting those that support us. All the vendors that take the time to sell us parts for our obsolet cars, good and bad. For if it were not for them, we would not have a hobby. They can only do what keeps them going. If it's not financially and or emotionally rewarding most the time, then it's considered insanity. This is the part where you look up the definition of insanity Wink Laughing

As I said in the beginning of this, this is just how I saw it, and in the end it's how it really happened right? Im the customer Wink The happy customer referrers you another life long customer, the unhappy one tells 10 people that you suck. Laughing

Internet kills our ability to interact. Im dead sure that if I walked into Aircooled's store and talked to a person face to face, this would of never happened. If you get frustrated, take a breath, walk away, revisit it when you are chill. Call your mom and ask her about it. Pet your dog and have a beer, in the sun on the beach while thinking about going out for a carne asada burrito. In the end, the internet is how we have to do it now a days. It just is. And it comes with its own nuances for dealing with stuff. The irony is that I can't walk into a store where I bought it. It's not down the street and convenient for me. The amazing ability for me to reach out on the interwed, get a part and have it show up is lessened by the fact that I didn't get it from a store when a problem arises. The funny thing about this particular kind of progress is now we have to wait even longer to get resolution. Its built into the nature of the whole thing. The seller can't hold the part, see your demeanor, you in turn dont get the satisfaction of being heard, face to face and assured. So keep this in mind. It sucks at times, but is how it all works. You need to have clarity of mind, don't let the demons in and ruin it because you didn't get a response back in 12 minutes. If its urgent, call during business hours - vendors, please be patient and understanding - most people's idea of urgent will never almost ever be yours. Laughing :2gunfire: Surprised It's the burden you carry for being our supply chain! Laughing You can thank the wife later for supporting your crazy idea for selling parts.

Thank you to Aircooled.net for answering the below comment. I didn't include Johns reply, but its back a page for those interested. It helped me weed through my issue. Please keep us supplied with parts and innovations for our hobby!

Big thank you to Vintage Speed, whos issue I had was theirs to begin with. You stood by your part, gave me zero grief over it. You reacted better than the best customer service I myself have given people in the past, and I consider that the highest mark. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will as I have already in the past, recommend you to others.

Kindest Regards to all involved,

Jason "notchboy" Weigel

RWBennett wrote:
Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After many many years of positive experiences I've just run into a warranty and quality process that is for a deal breaker.

I just received a Pertronix Flame Thrower III coil that was DOA out of the box......checked with both meter and substituted with another coil that worked fine.

I contacted ACN customer service and got the following direction:

1. ACN pushed me to Pertronix to resolve and told me if I insisted ACN was to honor the warranty directly, well then my issue and supply of good replacement or refund would be on hold until ACN resolved with Pertronix (taking longer and leaving me hanging).

2. Customer service strongly warned me that using anything other than a low impedance coil with the ignitorIII module would void the manufactures warranty and cannot be used.

Item 1 is just unacceptable, I don't know of another parts retailer that doesn't support defective product first hand with exchanges or refunds.

Item 2 , per Pertronix technical help is just untrue and really backwards. It seems the Pertronix Ignitor III is the one than can handle low impedance coils but works with stock or blue coil just fine. However using the low impedance coil on the ignitor I or II could burn those modules out due to the higher current flow, hence voiding the warranty on the I or II.

ACN has it back ass words telling people they HAVE to buy the Flame Thrower III (or other low impedance coils) or the ignitor III warranty will be voided. I don't know if this is just product ignorance or a hook to sell a coil along with the Ignitor III modules and SVDA III distributors. Either way the OEM doesn't agree with ACNs statement.

Either way, be careful of what you consider buying from ACN given the warranty policy. I would also advise to be sure and research product requirements from the OEM before feeling you must purchase additional items or components based upon ACN only information.

Such a shame,,,,this was one of my favorite sources for VW/Porsche parts.

Interesting...having waded through that.
About the same time I also had the same problem. At first I just thought tinny S/S sound but it got worse and worse until after approx. 1500 miles I removed the exhaust and upended it. Something sizeable inside was loose. I managed to get some photos of the loose bit, then send the exhaust back via an excellent supplier here in the UK. MT wanted the supplier to cut it open and investigate which he did. The piece inside couldn't have got inside from outside if you see what I mean - too big. You can see I managed to move it around for the photos.

That loose part was NOT part of the exhaust, it was something cut out and left hanging by a thread inside instead of making it to the scrap bin. Remember "hanging chards". lol

Service was great, the exhaust was cut open and the whole thing replaced including the short pipes that I'd welded at the flanges from frustration...but that's another story...

New fitted...1500 miles later exactly the same thing happened and the exhaust was replaced at top speed because they had the history.

I have to say that although I liked the exhaust I didn't want to be changing the thing every 1500 miles so when the replacement arrived I sold it in the box...then sold the wasser crank 2020cc engine...sold the early bus and went low revving stump puller style 2.4L type-4 in a late bay.

So now I'm trying to talk myself into a super flow "ok up to 2400cc" Type-4 exhaust...but... I'm struggling to persuade myself to go VS. Here in UK VW Heritage sell what appears to be the same thing but they DO NOT describe it as suitable for 2400cc or ref the VS part number, they say 1.7, 1.8 and 2.0. Worries me that VS have upped their game internally and the UK supplier is selling old stock. Have asked the question but I'm not sure I'm going to believe the supplier's answer as they have an interest in selling me what they have on the shelf no doubt. Very sadly the great guy/original supplier, Dan Simpson, died at the weekend or I'd have asked him. RIP Dan. Sad Anyone know?
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

bikelash wrote:
Got my sport exhaust in and installed. Outstanding packaging and mounted perfectly. Well worth the money.

Thank you so much my friend.
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Got my sport exhaust in and installed. Outstanding packaging and mounted perfectly. Well worth the money.

64 baja sold
72 sb wrecked
69 baja sold
69 std sold
72 sb sold
54 std sold
74 sb-ongoing
88 westy-ongoing
notchboy
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

To Mr. Lee and all the gang over at Vintage Speed. I posted the below to Aircooled.net, but figured it should be mentioned here as well.

Thank you for making quality parts for our ACVW's.

Thank you for prompt and courteous customer service!

Best regards!

notchboy wrote:
In the below post back in 2017, this buyer got caught up in a replacement warranty issue where Aircooled.net was a third party sales person. I bring this up because I just finished dealing with a very similar issue. This is not being posted to express a disjustice or wrongful practice, but more so a disappointment in myself, the system, human nature and lack of genuine, human interaction when selling parts. By system I mean the supply chain for VW parts, not big brother or Alien lizards controlling us Wink Laughing

Bear with me, it's the long way around the barn, but has a good ending.

I purchased a Vintage Speed performance, stainless steel muffler from Aircooled.net in 2016 when I was finishing an expensive T4 Camper Special motor build up for my 77 Westfalia. Absolutely love the muffler. Shipped fast, excellent quality, made the bus sound mean and aggressive but not obnoxious.

Towards the end of last year I started to notice a funny noise like a rattle, tin loose, weird resonance especially at compression stops, like when you let the bus slow down through the motor and clutch. It wasn't bad at first but progressively became worse and predictable. So I chased all the easy stuff, checked screws, bolts, looked for cracks, I asked people I trusted opinions, some I didn't, I even posted a vid for the samba, you know all the usual basic stuff one does when presented with a puzzle that can't be figured out. It wasn't till I had enough guessing and preliminary checking that I acted on my hunch. My good friend Stuart Z was in town, so I enlisted him to do some swapping for me, because at this point, he too was miffed by the ordeal and wanted a conclusive answer. Not before he checked a few things off his list like, valves (not) or broken alternator bracket (not again Laughing ). So he pulled the muffler off of my 74 bus, lucky to have it as most folks wouldn't. Wink While the Vintage Speed muffler was of and before putting another known good muffler on my 77, we did the soft blow hammer test on the suspected culprit. BONG.....ring. Bong.......ring. Something was definitely weird in the Vintage Speed Muffler. The stock muffler was put on the 77 and she purred like a kitten. Noise gone. Lots of noise gone and now my monster performance motor was tamed. Point being, no rattle - as confirmed with a test drive for 30 minutes.

Yes I know, so what's the point? Get to it ok.

Before I did the swap, I enguaged Aircooled.net after reading on my Aircooled.net invoice that Vintage Speed has a 5 year warranty on this part. My issue seemed to fit the stipulations, and this was a $559.00 investment in a quality piece that was about 2 years old (with use) at the time. My email with Aircooled.net was promptly answered by Stephanie. We started to do the information dance. She contacted Vintage Speed, told me she would be the work through to them in getting the issue resolved - hopefully. Mind you lots of this was in a day, a day or two of each email. Things were moving forward fast, great customer service!

Then it all stopped.

Here is the disappointment part. And granted this is my perception of the events that transpired. Stephanie and I were conversing right before Christmas. I wasn't going to expect anything, I also didn't want to deal with much myself. Its Xmas - duh, not a lot should happen. Last email I received from Stephanie was this:

Hello again Jason,
I'm sorry to trouble you with an additional request. But we got a reply from Vintage Speed today, and they asked me to forward their email (below) containing request for video of the rattling noise you have reported.

In the attached Vintage Speed email they basically requested a video be sent on to them of the issue. It wasn't till I let this go through January without resolution, did I re read our transactions carefully. At this point I was getting pissed that the several follow up emails I sent Aircooled.net were going unanswered. I took the requested vid of the issue and replied back to the email - the original email, checked up, waited 38 more days, checked again............ Sad

Still with me and reading?

So at this point, Im looking for dirt. Im mad, my muffler sucks, I hate everyone, I stopped petting the dog. Im looking for some vindication. Mind you I hate being the complainer. Once you start on the internet, people either embrace you or treat you like you have the plague. Rather an unfortunate place to be since you don't want to be in the "death" group of castaways that support you. You want to be back in the sun, froliking and dancing on the beach. So in an attempt to find out if Aircooled.net was a horrible decision, I read the feedback on them. Evil or Very Mad

Think Brick wall

Hey, good for you. This is the part where the below quoted text comes into play. Dancing I came across it and re read my initial dealings with Stephanie. My takeaway was that I needed to include Vintage Speed now? I add the "?" because it definitely did not translate to me with any meaningful impact, ever. I am pretty dense at times, but I was told at the beginning - first email from Aircooled..........:

Hello Jason,
We will facilitate the communication with Vintage Speed through the claim process.
In order to initiate a claim on their 5 year warranty.....bla, bla..........

What she said in that first email stuck! Why should I deal with a vendor you bought parts from and sold to me? I should of just bought it from Vintage Speed then! I say that now but I do get how this works. Having vendors for a product is a far better business model for most. Then you can concentrate on the product. I get it, but still, I am only human, Im driven by emotion, food and the occasional carne asada burrito. The email, that last email from Stephanie did not stick. I didn't get the impression that I was to now take the stick and run! Run Jason, RUN! Rolling Eyes

Laughing

So I read Vintage Speeds seller feedback. Brick wall Lots of praise for a quality part, lots of happy people running on the beach, enjoying the sun. Not me, I was still stuck in poopy pants land, sulking around looking for others to join me in my travesty of justice and wrongful acts of my liberties at the lowest of levels! I was bummed to say the least.

Then I read that Mr. Lee was the guy. He helped "X" with his debacle, he rained Skittle filled sunshine on "Y"'s gloomy day?? I want some skittles Sad So, I emailed him and explained the issue. It all made sense to me, but just like this long story you are reading here, you wonder if the point was put across, did I forget something, do I sound like a whiney biznatch now stuck in the death zone of the internet??? Oh, dear lord, give me the strength. Mr Lee was on it. He immediately reached out and took over. He asked for the vids and the vin off the muffler. Next thing I knew Jacky from VS was emailing me confirming shipping address. Shocked Laughing Here is the invoice for your replacement muffler. Happy days, I'll pinch myself now, but won't believe it till the muffler is here.

So yeah, the muffler is here. Honestly I though for sure this whole thing went bad, I got the shaft, too bad sucker we don't care about you and your stupid muffler problem. I had created a bad world in my head for sure and this after one of my Christmas gifts was a VS muffler for my notchback. Shocked Laughing

Here is the pay off and my point to this long Think what dd I call it? Long way round the..... Laughing Yes, I could of emailed John in the tech email, Stephanie could have been more specific - especially after I sent two emails expressing concern with no acton(hint, hint), I could have realllllyyyyy read it and got it, and emailed or CC'd VS sooner....... Confused In the end, I created a more frustrating time of it all then it need be. To those fortunate enough to read this, keep in mind, we are all just people in the end. Toss in the holidays and good lord, who knows what would happen.

I am a firm believer in supporting those that support us. All the vendors that take the time to sell us parts for our obsolet cars, good and bad. For if it were not for them, we would not have a hobby. They can only do what keeps them going. If it's not financially and or emotionally rewarding most the time, then it's considered insanity. This is the part where you look up the definition of insanity Wink Laughing

As I said in the beginning of this, this is just how I saw it, and in the end it's how it really happened right? Im the customer Wink The happy customer referrers you another life long customer, the unhappy one tells 10 people that you suck. Laughing

Internet kills our ability to interact. Im dead sure that if I walked into Aircooled's store and talked to a person face to face, this would of never happened. If you get frustrated, take a breath, walk away, revisit it when you are chill. Call your mom and ask her about it. Pet your dog and have a beer, in the sun on the beach while thinking about going out for a carne asada burrito. In the end, the internet is how we have to do it now a days. It just is. And it comes with its own nuances for dealing with stuff. The irony is that I can't walk into a store where I bought it. It's not down the street and convenient for me. The amazing ability for me to reach out on the interwed, get a part and have it show up is lessened by the fact that I didn't get it from a store when a problem arises. The funny thing about this particular kind of progress is now we have to wait even longer to get resolution. Its built into the nature of the whole thing. The seller can't hold the part, see your demeanor, you in turn dont get the satisfaction of being heard, face to face and assured. So keep this in mind. It sucks at times, but is how it all works. You need to have clarity of mind, don't let the demons in and ruin it because you didn't get a response back in 12 minutes. If its urgent, call during business hours - vendors, please be patient and understanding - most people's idea of urgent will never almost ever be yours. Laughing :2gunfire: Surprised It's the burden you carry for being our supply chain! Laughing You can thank the wife later for supporting your crazy idea for selling parts.

Thank you to Aircooled.net for answering the below comment. I didn't include Johns reply, but its back a page for those interested. It helped me weed through my issue. Please keep us supplied with parts and innovations for our hobby!

Big thank you to Vintage Speed, whos issue I had was theirs to begin with. You stood by your part, gave me zero grief over it. You reacted better than the best customer service I myself have given people in the past, and I consider that the highest mark. It was a pleasure doing business with you and I will as I have already in the past, recommend you to others.

Kindest Regards to all involved,

Jason "notchboy" Weigel

RWBennett wrote:
Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After many many years of positive experiences I've just run into a warranty and quality process that is for a deal breaker.

I just received a Pertronix Flame Thrower III coil that was DOA out of the box......checked with both meter and substituted with another coil that worked fine.

I contacted ACN customer service and got the following direction:

1. ACN pushed me to Pertronix to resolve and told me if I insisted ACN was to honor the warranty directly, well then my issue and supply of good replacement or refund would be on hold until ACN resolved with Pertronix (taking longer and leaving me hanging).

2. Customer service strongly warned me that using anything other than a low impedance coil with the ignitorIII module would void the manufactures warranty and cannot be used.

Item 1 is just unacceptable, I don't know of another parts retailer that doesn't support defective product first hand with exchanges or refunds.

Item 2 , per Pertronix technical help is just untrue and really backwards. It seems the Pertronix Ignitor III is the one than can handle low impedance coils but works with stock or blue coil just fine. However using the low impedance coil on the ignitor I or II could burn those modules out due to the higher current flow, hence voiding the warranty on the I or II.

ACN has it back ass words telling people they HAVE to buy the Flame Thrower III (or other low impedance coils) or the ignitor III warranty will be voided. I don't know if this is just product ignorance or a hook to sell a coil along with the Ignitor III modules and SVDA III distributors. Either way the OEM doesn't agree with ACNs statement.

Either way, be careful of what you consider buying from ACN given the warranty policy. I would also advise to be sure and research product requirements from the OEM before feeling you must purchase additional items or components based upon ACN only information.

Such a shame,,,,this was one of my favorite sources for VW/Porsche parts.

OK, this thread is over. You win.

Jason "notchboy" Weigel
1964 1500 S
1964 T34 S Convertible
1977 Westfalia Camper pop-top
vwtaiwan
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Thank you so much my friend,
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: vwtaiwan - [email protected] Reply with quote

Greeting from RUSSIA!
I bought a Exhaust kit on a Brazilian bus. Delivery was fast. The kit is complete (with all bolts). My requirement was that the sound of the exhaust should be as quiet as possible.
I myself installed this kit on my split bus. Everything was installed easily, no problem! This exhaust is made at the highest level.
Thank you seller!

VERY SATISFIED WITH PURCHASE! Excellent seller (answered all my questions)! Recomend for everybody!

Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: