Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Favourite Barndoor photos 2009?
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
volksfahrer.nl
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kak means shit in dutch.
That's one filthy bus right there!

66 panel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Tonny_Larsen
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

volksfahrer.nl wrote:
Kak means shit in dutch.

As I know Kak means cookies in Swedish.
In Danish "Kage" Very Happy

-Tonny
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
delamaize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonny_Larsen wrote:
volksfahrer.nl wrote:
Kak means shit in dutch.

As I know Kak means cookies in Swedish.
In Danish "Kage" Very Happy

-Tonny

So it says "Cookie Bus" on the side. Awesome. I have to figure out how to talk this guy into selling, and talk the wife in to it also.

BTW, Sorry about the Hi-jack guys.
His non-attention to detail really sets it apart. I see a new trend.......call it " 'tard ride".
Sled wrote:
The tard box will live again!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Devonite
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetwagens wrote:
I love the video clip from that same jourrney, blew me away when I first saw it! Cool

Are you thinking of this video? I put this clip together after OCTO 06'. The photograph above is a lasting favourite of mine, to see these two buses together is quite something.

Not the same occasion, but the main characters are!

Link
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
barndoorbarnfind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2110cc wrote:
streetwagens wrote:
I love the video clip from that same jourrney, blew me away when I first saw it! Cool

Are you thinking of this video? I put this clip together after OCTO 06'. The photograph above is a lasting favourite of mine, to see these two buses together is quite something.

Link

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy cool
bdagman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ambu55 wrote:

ps: Swedish people, you could help by translating a bit of this page:
http://www.naringslivsarkiv.se/sv/Vara-tjanster/Referensuppdrag/Pricks/

An enhanced(?) version of the results from translate.google.... Hopefully good enough for you to understand...

Prick was started in the 1930s by Rune Lofgren and Sigurd Eriksson. Cookies was baked in Tierp since then and until December 17 2004 when Prick's ovens were closed for good.

The new owner SwitsBake AB chose to deposit the fine archival material from Prick at NA archives in Uppsala where it is kept in such a way that it is preserved and made available to researchers now and in the future. It is essential that the archives are located close to the people and the countryside that Prick has had such great importance to.

Over the years, Prick not only produced seven, or more, kinds of cakes but also bread and biscuits. Perhaps Prick however are best known for its good gingerbread.

In the archive are countless advertising brochures, where we among other things can learn that Prick's gingerbread makes us kind. There are also invaluable treasures in the form of commercials and photographs, where we also can see photos of many of the cakes that were produced at the bakery in Tierp over the years.

Material from the Prick has been used at Archives Day exhibitions and autumn 2008, the Business Archives are to set up an exhibition on the Prick corporation at Tierps kommunhus.

Still the faint smell of gingerbread can be sensed on the documents that reside in the archives. For a little while more Prick history will be left in the expression of perfumed sheets of paper with recipes written by hand with floury fingers ...
delamaize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdagman wrote:
ambu55 wrote:

An enhanced(?) version of the results from translate.google.... Hopefully good enough for you to understand...

Prick was started in the 1930s by Rune Lofgren and Sigurd Eriksson. Cookies was baked in Tierp since then and until December 17 2004 when Prick's ovens were closed for good.

The new owner SwitsBake AB chose to deposit the fine archival material from Prick at NA archives in Uppsala where it is kept in such a way that it is preserved and made available to researchers now and in the future. It is essential that the archives are located close to the people and the countryside that Prick has had such great importance to.

Over the years, Prick not only produced seven, or more, kinds of cakes but also bread and biscuits. Perhaps Prick however are best known for its good gingerbread.

In the archive are countless advertising brochures, where we among other things can learn that Prick's gingerbread makes us kind. There are also invaluable treasures in the form of commercials and photographs, where we also can see photos of many of the cakes that were produced at the bakery in Tierp over the years.

Material from the Prick has been used at Archives Day exhibitions and autumn 2008, the Business Archives are to set up an exhibition on the Prick corporation at Tierps kommunhus.

Still the faint smell of gingerbread can be sensed on the documents that reside in the archives. For a little while more Prick history will be left in the expression of perfumed sheets of paper with recipes written by hand with floury fingers ...

Wow, Pretty cool, now the big question: is their more than one Prick Panel left.
His non-attention to detail really sets it apart. I see a new trend.......call it " 'tard ride".
Sled wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
LJay
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

delamaize wrote:
bdagman wrote:
ambu55 wrote:

Wow, Pretty cool, now the big question: is their more than one Prick Panel left.

More like the questions are-is there more than one prick panel left?and seeing as they started in the 30's were there any kak prick barndoors! Laughing ?

very cool story-thanks for sharing it Cool

My build thread.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=742279
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
skogman
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

I found this on meanbugs forum. I am not sure if it is a barndoor kak bus.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
streetwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One example of one of the busses pictured above still exists... I'll leave it to the owners to see if they want to reveal it... Wink
streetwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2110cc wrote:
streetwagens wrote:

Link

Youtube is blocked from work, so its taken me until now to check out if its the same one! Laughing Yep, this is the video I meant, blew me away totally, love it!!!! Its pretty much what made me want a stock deluxe, like a portion of the 50's actually rolling down the road in front of you, totally amazing! Cool Cool Cool

Moved some stuff around the farm last weekend, this hasnt seen daylight for a little while!

barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..oo,oo,oo Dancing
nize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

streetwagens wrote:
One example of one of the busses pictured above still exists... I'll leave it to the owners to see if they want to reveal it... Wink

He he! I know which one... Its Ice Cool! Smile

By the way... I know that there has been at least two Pricks-buses in Sweden. One is lying on its side. I dont know if its still around.

--------------------------
ambu55
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nize wrote:
streetwagens wrote:

By the way... I know that there has been at least two Pricks-buses in Sweden. One is lying on its side. I dont know if its still around.

...Nize, the one that's lying on his side, is that a Barndoor or a 55-58 like the one pictured here?? ...got more pics of this one please?? Thanks for posting these Smile
barndoorbarnfind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First camping stop to bad camberg
Cool
streetwagens
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recovery #3/2009 Wink

Looking like a retro car crash at that point!! Confused
barndoormambo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..fair swap..
delamaize
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nize wrote:
streetwagens wrote:

Man Alive! so their is 2 left! where is the one on it's side?
Sled wrote:
boxrod
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Kirk
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vdouglu wrote:

This one was my favorite so far. A view I will never see.

Bear
Coble
Super
Oppenheim
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Instagram Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus - Barndoor All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: