Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

better wiper motor setup "Mighty Wiper"?
Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: better wiper motor setup "Mighty Wiper"? Reply with quote

No room under my dash for the stock Beetle wiper motor and actuating arms. A buddy of mine with a restored 30's era truck used a aftermarket wiper system called "Mighty Wiper", made by a company in WA State. Looks like it would work well on buggies, the motor with wiper shaft sticking out of it is about 1.5" deep, with wiper shaft lengths from 1.5" to 3" Anybody out there ever use one of these in a buggy, with or without your stock wiper armature?

Company's website is www.pacificwesterndesign.com, if anybody wants to look for yourself. Apparently, they aren't cheap, but not insanely expensive. I'm going to haul my stock wiper assembly out and see if it would fit/work with one of these motors, as the major clearance and intereference issue is between the rear of the gauges and the stock wiper motor.
jspbtown
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto-loc also has a nice wiper set up thats not too expensive.
wythac
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I'll take a look. "Skinny" is in for this application.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Kit Car/Fiberglass Buggy/356 Replica All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: